蒙城华人网

标题: 一年能读完硕士吗?急盼回答! [打印本页]

作者: Laowu    时间: 2003-3-12 08:18
标题: 一年能读完硕士吗?急盼回答!
我是一个国际留学生,现还在中国。基于各种原因,我希望能在一年内在蒙特利尔读完文科硕士,请问,这种可能性有多大?并说明原因!
急盼答复!
谢谢!
作者: canadiana    时间: 2003-3-12 13:21
Then you'll have to register at lease 6 courses every term, and it's not guaranteed to have that much courses to be chosen at summer term. It's almost the Mission: Impossible
作者: Laowu    时间: 2003-3-13 08:59
Thank you, Canadiana!
如果是这样,我感到非常担心。有人说那儿的生活很苦,而读一个文科硕士是否值得?我现在在中国已是硕士毕业,拥有一份不错的工作,有提升的机会。
如果跑开这一切,成本和收益怎么衡量?是否可以打工呢?以后是否可以比较轻松的把学费挣回来呢?
各人情况不同,而我没有移民打算。
我想提升一下自己,回来找份好工作。而现在就业市场依旧寒冷,不知到那时是否会更深的寒意?
忽然感到对自己没信心了。而出国的路:从各种考试到申请学校,再到申请签证,一步步都是那么不易。放弃这个机会又害怕以后会后悔一辈子。
请各位热心人给我些建议和鼓励!小女子不胜感谢!
作者: 胆小    时间: 2003-3-13 18:12
出国玩一圈还是值得的,千万不要放弃已有的位置,否则就是猴子掰玉米,一个也落不着。
不要以为你弄一个签证不容易,好几万海龟还失业呢。
作者: canadiana    时间: 2003-3-17 12:39
Thank you, Canadiana!
如果是这样,我感到非常担心。有人说那儿的生活很苦,而读一个文科硕士是否值得?我现在在中国已是硕士毕业,拥有一份不错的工作,有提升的机会。
如果跑开这一切,成本和收益怎么衡量?是否可以打工呢?以后是否可以比较轻松的把学费挣回来呢?
各人情况不同,而我没有移民打算。
我想提升一下自己,回来找份好工作。而现在就业市场依旧寒冷,不知到那时是否会更深的寒意?
忽然感到对自己没信心了。而出国的路:从各种考试到申请学校,再到申请签证,一步步都是那么不易。放弃这个机会又害怕以后会后悔一辈子。
请各位热心人给我些建议和鼓励!小女子不胜感谢!

建议:如果我是你,宁愿呆在国内.
"有人说在这生活很苦", 每个人感受不一样,身份不同,时间不同,遭遇不同感觉都会有异,不能一概而论.对于国际学生,比移民或本地人更难找到工作,打现金工或只靠在校内打工想轻松的把学费挣回来的辛苦可以想象.办一个学生签证不算什么,拿一个国外文凭也不一定保证能在国内找到更好的工作.何况你在国内已经有个好工作,又有升迁的机会,没必要再花费几年时间而又没有把握.
如果你还年轻,又想出来闯一闯,不在乎得失,倒是可以一试.
作者: Laowu    时间: 2003-3-18 09:50
谢谢!
关于加拿大,关于蒙特利尔,众说纷纭。我感到自己好像输不起了。选择是那么重要!而,目前没有答案。
可是,有时候我真的想什么也不在乎,出去就出去吧!去看看世界!但不知道是否自己能否骄傲的说:不辱使命!
读书的目的是为了更好的发展,而现在竟然担自己的发展机会问题。我希望所有看到这个帖子的朋友都给我出出主意,提提建议。
还有,在法语区,是否值得。光阴不等人,我多想留住匆匆的时间。
多希望自己现在只有22岁!
作者: happycanada    时间: 2003-3-18 10:30
千万别来,来了保证让你后悔,我们都是被套牢的了。只是大家碍于面子,心照不宣罢了。国内的人不知情,来的不少,来了哭的也不少,骂天园地满腹牢骚的满街都是。
  frown
作者: Laowu    时间: 2003-3-18 11:17
难道没有从蒙特利尔,从Concordia Univ.获得进步的朋友吗?
并不是吃不得苦,只是希望更好的提升自己.
请大家说说真实的感受.而不是一种悲伤的论调.
我认为:面子并不重要,重要的是你的收获和进步.
一句话:值得吗?
作者: yide    时间: 2003-3-18 13:44
我人为你不太值得要是你是28岁以上的女孩,在这里即使移民也不完全值得,问题是你所人为的提升到底是什么,我觉得你来了这里后会觉得不知道自己要找的是什么啊,总之感觉比较混顿.有意的话,可以继续探讨.
作者: spade2    时间: 2003-3-19 22:17
小马过河,关键还是自己选择自己判断?嘿嘿祝好运,这里的好没出来的人是体会不到的,国内的好没出来的人也是体会不到的。
作者: wuwu    时间: 2003-3-19 22:31
我是28岁以上出国的单身女生,我有发言权.很多女性的适应能力都很强.如果你还单身的话,反而觉得在这里生活没那么多压力.

如果你定下主意移民(在国外住很久),出来还是值得的.毕竟这里让我明白什么是真正的生活.

但是如果你喜欢比吃比穿并且包括喜欢国内的工作,现在出国和回国之间摇摆不定,还是不用出国了.劳民伤财并且还可能后悔.

要学一年的硕士学位,我个人以为HEC的MBA最好了.其实也不是那么苦,全凭个人能力了.
作者: tnx    时间: 2003-3-20 17:01
我觉得出国的目的要是明确的话就不会有什么后悔一说, 关键还是要看你想干什么, 如果就是为了出国而出国, 那真是劳民伤财。一无所获
作者: 听风听雨    时间: 2003-3-26 05:46
别出来了,这里的移民都是一批losser.说是在中国放弃了好的工作,其实都是一批下岗工人。
作者: LeeHu    时间: 2003-3-26 06:50
我觉得移民就像结婚,或者说就像钱钟书说的围城:外面的人想进去,里面的人想出来。
鉴于这么多人冒着风险结婚,而且前仆后继,所以我决定还是去吧,哪怕不行在离婚!:-p
作者: Laowu    时间: 2003-3-26 09:56
Smileface说得很好!
咱们是雾里看花。主要是现在经济太冷。
还有,对未来的发展变化不清楚。
我现在也不敢说有了答案。
谢谢各位朋友,还希望多多发表建议,听到更广泛,更具说服力的声音。
祝各位好!
Laowu
作者: ever    时间: 2003-3-27 19:35
如果在国内混得不怎么样,到这里来倒给你一个重新洗牌的机会。如果你在国内混的不错,年薪能超过7万以上,请你千万千万不要过来,年轻人,这是对你的忠告,你来了就会发现自己的生活质量在这里会比在国内急剧下降,并且没有心境去享受美好的自然。现在不象5年以前,留学还有一些意义,如今归国的海龟一大批。不是我打击你,你所要读的CONCORDIA大学也不怎么样,每个班几乎都是中国学生,国内的人目前不清楚,随着回流的人越来越多,等你读完书以后,也许你会发现你的这张文凭已经没有你想象的那么值钱了。
作者: 毙了    时间: 2003-3-27 20:25
Happycanada&ever说的最中肯和最贴切,但我相信他们两个都不会听近去一句的,这儿那怕是比地狱还坏(我只是打个比方),只要有一个人说有一丁点儿好,他们就记住这句了,你看他们就是要来,大家别费劲了,这种贴子不是一次两次了,说什么都没用。
作者: abba    时间: 2003-3-28 00:12
其实最重要的不是听别人的意见,而是扪心自问。你究竟想要什么样的生活?你究竟真的可以放弃什么?首先要知道,一个人不能什么都占:舒适/金钱/洋学历/富有激情的异国生活。。。如果你够浪漫,或者想寻求别样的生活,可以“真正彻底”地放弃现有的一切,那么,来吧。这里有你想要的一切:痛苦/彷徨/温情/单纯/朴实/险恶/艰苦/美丽/多情。。。总之,这是一个充满酸甜苦辣的城市。如果你无力承担这一切,那么安安静静地过现在的生活,珍惜你所有的一切,脚踏实地地生活。。。祝你好运!我放弃了国内拥有的一切,来到这里,从零开始,但我真得不后悔。因为我这一年经历的可以抵过我在国内的3年。当然从经济角度上说,确实这里要艰苦一些。
作者: Laowu    时间: 2003-4-3 08:19
Hello! Everybody!
It is very good to have the chance to get your advices.
In fact, I don't know exactly what is i really want.
But I know it very best: To get experience and make progress is what I need most. What I own now means less if I can find more significant life.
I appreciate it if you can give me more message.
Best wishes to all of you!
作者: qazwsxedc999    时间: 2003-4-4 12:21
我是刚来的移民, 有无数的新移民朋友。 有好的,也有不好的。 关键是看你为什么而来。 如果你有好的工作,有钱,前景也好的话在国内,那么你是为了学成之后有金山银山,图实惠,那就别来了。加拿大没有这些。而且回国以后的前景未必比现在的前景好。如果你为了长见识,为了学知识,为了虚的东西,你或许可以来。 但是有一点,无论出现什么情况,不要后悔,如果你有可能后悔,就不要来。
作者: christmas111    时间: 2003-4-4 13:30
如果你性格开放,英语/法语不错,能和老外同学打成一片的,可能学点东西.
否则,也就混个学位而已...
作者: preparefortest    时间: 2003-4-5 14:06
如果你在国内

1.下岗了*************来加拿大吧,ASAP
2.有份鸡肋的工作******来这儿赌一把,值!(人生如此)
3.生活还不错(年纪也老大不小)****继续享受国内的生活吧。若非要来,我打心眼儿里敬佩你的拼搏精神。
作者: woshisabrina    时间: 2003-4-7 11:54
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: .
作者: Laowu    时间: 2003-4-8 03:14
Hello! I will not cry if I go. I must to make sure that I will not regret.
And also I am still young, not more than 30.
How can I become brave? How can I do believe that I can win a bright future?
But my sincere friend, do not just see the topic, please left your advices here.
Best wishes to all of you!
作者: paonv    时间: 2003-4-8 12:29
if you are still young and have a good shape, you should come and enjoy a good future. Mostly, a single woman is more adaptive to the local society than man do. I had neighbor who was a single woman. at the beginning when she just came here, she spoke a ugly english, and she even needed my help to fill out the application forms of medical card. several months later, she cohabited with a blackman. soon after, I was shocked by her tongue. She even got a job as an office secretary in a company. Now she lives in a good building and enjoys a relaxing life.

there are many ways of life, and it is up to you to choose. good luck.  :p
作者: christmas111    时间: 2003-4-8 14:16
hello, laowu. here is some info you need.

1. First of all, I do not write the post to discourage you. Yes, you can absolutely learn a lot in Canada, but nothing from the book, especially for non-science courses. I study business course here in Mcgill. In my view, courses like basic accounting and statistics are meaningless. Just read the text book and you can learn everything by yourself. However, courses like "organizational behavior" and marketing are gold mines. You team with people from around the globe, experience their cultures/values and learn how to teamwork in an international team background. Based upon my personal experience, those courses are really exciting. So the point is: are you open enough? is your language good enough? and most important of all, r u brave enough? For example, in my marketing class, there was a presentation. Most Chinese, if they had westerners in their team, asked the westerners to speak most of the part. A certain team consisted of 2 chinese and 1 westerner. during the 15-minute presentation, the 2 chinese just stood there and did nothing--the westerner presented everything himself. I am not here trying to criticize this kinda chinese. actually i dont have the taste to write anything about them. just ask yourself one question: even if your english were not that good, would you have the guts to challenge your limit and be a brave participant? if the answer is no, and you give yourself an excuse like:"the reason why i did not do this is because my english is poor", then you might end up asking urself this simple question everyday: what am i forking doing here??? fulltime English listening practice?

So if you have a positive view of the open study style here and always embrace the challenge, if you feel the study here an interesting game--just as the westerners do--but not a burden, you should definitely come here and u will not be disappointed. Remember, active participation is the golden rule of study here.

2. taking 6 courses every semester? possible? yeah, why not. I work fulltime in a company--from 9 to 5:30--while study full time--4 evenings a week...tons of course assignments, and i still manage to watch at least 5 dvds everyday week and enjoy myself during the weekends. the trick here is simple: if you can write a 10-page english essay in one afternoon like me, or begin to read the text book one day before exam and pass it, 6 courses are still fair to you. if not, think twice. or u will become a fulltime thinker of "god, how can i pass this course...". when study becomes crushing burden, you are not learning, you r merely surviving...believe me, thats not what you want.

3. part-time work? craps...u need money? at most RMB 35/hr here for labor work. if you work one month here...why not stay an extra month in china and make more money in a more comfortable way? u wanna learn english while doing labor work? my...you end up learning cantonese...or practicing funny english with mexicans, indians...whatever...
作者: happycanada    时间: 2003-4-9 15:37
:rolleyes:
作者: paonv    时间: 2003-4-9 19:29
hey, christmas111,
first of all, i have to say ur english is beautiful. ur essay, however, could be more logical while u were making a parade of ur talents. let's do a simple calculation. you work full time from 9am to 5:30pm, it is 8.5 hours on work. I suppose the hours that it takes you in the class are 2. u said u could still manage to watch at least 5dvds, i.e. you spend at least 7.5 hours on dvd. such routine costs you 18hours which still does not include the time on the heavy traffic and cooking. you get 6hours left. is it possible for u to get enough time for sleep?  unless you are resposible for watching dvd in the company.            

most students majoring in business are losing ground to mathematics.         
作者: 胆小    时间: 2003-4-9 20:06
应该是每星期5DVD...
高手确实存在,五体投地!!!  wink    wink
作者: christmas111    时间: 2003-4-9 20:28
ok, paonv. get home at 9:30 everyday(in fact only attended at most half of the classes...so actually more time). watch 1 dvd each night. go to sleep at 1:00am. never cooked (at least not myself). never read textbooks until the last week before exams. do some essay stuff and group meetings for one or half day in the weekend. thats all.

of course my average is only around 78, never a good student.
作者: christmas111    时间: 2003-4-9 20:44
"I was shocked by her tongue. She even got a job"...u know what, this sentence is intriguing.^_^

what job is so related with a tongue? blowjob?  
hehehe, no offence, ^_^  just kidding...
作者: paonv    时间: 2003-4-9 21:57
christmas111,
ur words,"never cooked", remind me of a joke, a student broke wind in class, in order to keep him out of the suspect, he told others that he have never losed gas.             

hehehe, no offence, ^_^ just kidding...
作者: xhu    时间: 2003-4-9 22:44
"I was shocked by her tongue. She even got a job" What is wrong with her tongue? Everyone knows that she can speak better english than before. Don't insult your fellow Chinese lady. I don't see anything wrong with this lady. So what she made friend with a black man. Remember we are in Canada, here people believe in diversity and multi-culturelism.
作者: christmas111    时间: 2003-4-10 00:33
xhu:
first, u lack basic sense of humor and understanding of english.
second, obviously you never gave/enjoyed a decent blowjob.
thats why you get so tense and angry.
作者: Laowu    时间: 2003-4-10 06:38
Hello! Everybody!
I mentioned question to discuss, and want to find a good way to resolve problems. So please do not come here to say bad words.
You know, everybody can make his or her choice, you must understand this. But how can you dare to result me here?  I am a good girl and will  always be good, loyal to what I already chosen.
So, though there are many ways toward so-called success, I chose the most difficult road, depending on myself.
I came here to ask for advices. So if you do not want to behave kind-minded, do not leave any ugly words here.
Best wishes to all!
作者: xhu    时间: 2003-4-10 08:20
christmas111,

Don't think everyone is ill-minded as you. What? Sense of humor, give me a break. English? I know better than you about english. I don't write a 10-page english essay in one afternoon like you do, but I produce papers based on solid studies. So stop you bull-shitting, maybe you deserve a blow-job yourself with your, what..., your..., hate to say that, tongue.
作者: christmas111    时间: 2003-4-10 10:53
sincerely i was just noticing the close relationship with the words "tongue" and "job" and came up with a (n adult?) joke. absolutely not meant to attack anyone and i am 100% OK with any girl living with foreigner. actually i thought that girl was a brave achiever. ...and poor me, a nice courageous chinese guy/girl like you just jumped out of nowhere and attacked me with maximum firepower and solid-studied english words like "bull-xxxx"...

let joke be a joke, ok? life is dull, so dont get that easily-aroused.

anyway, u r very nice to defend a fellow girl. believe me, i am not unhappy with you. at least i see you somehow took my advice and at least tried to be humorous in your last sentence...keep up the great personality transformation!
作者: hoho    时间: 2003-4-10 10:55
你出了一道实在是没有答案的算术题,在得与失上,谁也无法精确地算出未来.命运是无法事先设计的,怎么可能找个公式一套就有答案?
1.珍重你目前所拥有的,加一点平常心对待生活和事业
2.如果你真的很相信自己应该跨越也自认有非常强的潜力,同时不在乎失去后的一无所有,那你不管在哪里,都会找得到面对机会的勇气和毅力.其它反倒不重要了.生命本身就是一个过程,结果很重要吗?
国人太工于计算,得与失,荣与辱,面子与里子.其实能算清楚吗?
愿意挑战自己极限,本身就是一种高风险. 但对与人生来说,失败并不一定就叫做赔本
作者: 胆小    时间: 2003-4-10 14:04
春风吹,战鼓擂,当今年代谁怕谁!
干!
从现在开始!!!  :cool:
作者: jessicajia    时间: 2003-4-13 12:35
这里讨论的好激烈啊 !我现在也有这个打算,看了这里的回复,觉得没有一开始的兴奋了。但我想如果我真的出去了,我不会后悔得!我上大学前都在父母身边,但我希望能有更多的阅历,不要在什么都依赖父母了,趁着现在还年轻,出去闯闯吧!我希望能看到自己创造的生活!
作者: Laowu    时间: 2003-4-14 05:12
Hello!
Thank all of you for posting, I will consider fully.
Now China is developing fast, I think if we cherish our youth, not waste time, we can have our bright future everywhere. In one word, when you are now in difficulties, when you fell sad, don't lost your heart, don't give up, then you can find that everything will be OK, will become better and better.
If I go, I don't mean that I go to Canada to relax, I just for fighting, to challenge myself.
Anyway, I wish you good luck, and can be pride of yourself!
作者: jessicajia    时间: 2003-4-14 05:23
面对出国,大家要明确自己的目标,作最差的打算,最大的努力,living better or worse,it's up to u!
作者: Green tree    时间: 2003-5-14 10:00
Hello! there is no more discussion about this question. Now I become Green Tree to come here.
I am still in CHina, and there is a big rain here. I have been very busy recently.
Go on, even if there is bad news, life must go on and on. Good luck!
作者: vicki    时间: 2003-5-29 14:52
唉,大家就不讨论啦?
我觉得各人想法都不一样,多看看好象就了解自己多一些。
我刚来不久,也不短,和最开始出国前的想法,不太一样了,说得白些,就是找不到北。
在国内的时候,我就和LAOWU一样希望能通过在外面锻炼自己,而且经历得更多,不是更有挑战性吗?
真的来了后,快不知道怎么计划生活了,人是一定要有事可做的。而在准备的过程中,是体会不到斗志和对自己的激励的。
只有在生活安定的情况下,你才会认为自己无所不能,想要去面对挑战。。。
羡慕那些在这里读书的人,我还没考托福,而且我的英语很烂。我想多接触一些在学校的同学,可能我的想法就和现在不一样了。
可能是自己太平凡,能力一般,不能象christmas11,paonv,xhu他们那样掌握自己生活这么快。
作者: 胆小    时间: 2003-5-29 17:36
同意,嘿嘿...  
作者: 探索者    时间: 2003-6-3 02:05
想要体会东西方的教育和文化,想要提升个人的人生视野,想要在未来更有竞争力和或许有可能未来成为郭沫若,钱钟书,冼星海... ...这样的人物或有机会结识这样的人物————如果你在国内不在特权部门或 垄断部门,如果你能保证你的单位不会改革,你拥有一个收入很高的不会变的铁饭碗工作,你可以不来,只要你还不太老,你应该考虑出来看看,看书,看电视,包括公私
费的旅游,都不能真正明白许多道理,作为人你出国呆几年肯定有许多全方位的提高,邓小平不出国打,就绝不可能有那样的视野,孙中山辛亥革命时,正在海外的餐馆端盘子,当年谁会想到他们后来会为国家出巨大贡献呢?
    当然,要出国也应看到,国家目前还没有特别好的
政策对待海龟,许多人会有出来一圈,反而失去了许多机会的感觉。你个人飞速进步(异国他乡,个人的潜能最大的迸发)更优秀了,与此同时国内你熟悉的某个不如你的人吃吃喝喝,跑跑送送,该有的都有了,不该有的可能也有了,更有可能,你在某个城市艰难打拼,他随公款团来了,他到过的国家比你多的多。你会失落吗?想回去最多只给你给他打下手的机会,最愿给机会让你自己创业,没个好单位,没个好位置,又没个好老爹,中国现在的情况,你自己权衡一下利弊。
  同时,你也要看到中国是人治国家,今天和明天早上都不一样,若干年的某一天早上报上说:胡大人或别的大人,建议给海龟办实事,欢迎会回来,安排上一定
不能比不出国差。不能光给做校长领导下的教授和个体户的机会,还要给校长和中国电信这样单位的机会,特别是从最近的非典看来,应该有一大批海龟应该充实到
各级机关的领导岗位上来,真正实现中华民族的腾飞。
广大海外优秀人才就像当年77级78级的同志们那样,获得了新生。又像当年小平讲提干要有文凭一样。
任何一个政权都要吸引人才,才能兴旺发达,用人要讲
用那一批(类)人,你想成为海龟这批人吗?你看好这批人吗?想明白了,你在决定,如果留在国外,主要目标是再就业工程,象加拿大,医疗免费,加拿大治不了,给你送到世界上任何一个可治你病的医院,洗碗工都能享受中国高干待遇,你不工作,政府也会给你福利金的,不劳动者也有得的半共产主义的社会医疗和福利制度,会让你和很舒服,但不会有大的作为,对自己和国家都是损失。
  希望你选择,特别是对自己和国家的未来的发展方向又前瞻性的正确认识之后,作出你的正确选择。记住一个作家说的:人的一生的关键往往就几步。你书写历史,但肯定是历史决定你的命运。
作者: qingting    时间: 2003-6-8 15:42
The answer is very simple. If you are a bird, stay in the cage. If you are eagle, please fly. I belive the chinses word: If it is a real gold, it shines anywhere. Don't worry too much. Just do it.
作者: Green tree    时间: 2003-6-9 08:52
Thank you! Especially Qingting, 探索者 and so on.
I am very busy recently, and also I find a answer: If you want to fly away, if you want to keep your youth shining, you must keep on fighting. Yes, sometimes you want to have a rest, but it also gives you other information: times flies!
I wish all of you can enjoy your life. Now I have the strengths to go on and on.
I was afraid so much before. If there is huge rain and big snow, that is just the real life.

欢迎光临 蒙城华人网 (https://www.sinoquebec.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.1