租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 3472|回复: 15
打印 上一主题 下一主题

报税问题 请教小曹

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
楼主
发表于 2012-2-29 23:30 | 显示全部楼层
Post by genew;3052886
Hold on this.  I think the key issue is what is your wife's residence status for tax purposes in year 2011.

To determine what was her residence status in year 2011, you need to look at the following:

Residential ties

– These ties include where your home (owned or leased) and personal property are and where your spouse or common-law partner or dependants reside.
Other ties that may be relevant include social ties, driver’s licence, bank accounts or credit cards, and provincial or territorial hospitalization insurance.

If she had maintained most of the ties within Canada, she was probably a factual resident of Canada.

If you have determined that she was a resident of Canada for tax purposes, you may be able to claim both the spouse and chid credits on your return.

You are absolutly right about this. But personaly I believe it can go both ways, because "residence" is no defined in the Act, and its meaning is rather wague.
One thing to consider is that if she is deemed to be a residence of Canada she's required to report her worldwide income. So if she has a business in China for example, she may need to pay tax for the business income she earned. In that case the amount of tax she will be paying may offset the credits. Since we don't have all the information, it's pretty hard to tell which option is better.
It always depends on the situation I guess.
Just my thought...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-6-12 05:08 , Processed in 0.041927 second(s), 28 queries .