租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 1439|回复: 12
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[电脑] 问题:videotron high speed internet.

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
楼主
发表于 2002-7-29 17:17 | 显示全部楼层
Haha, Videotron always provides poor service, which they may expect you to find out, ok here are my experience:

1. I bought the self set-up box this June, and at that time Videotron offerred 1 month free for self set-up, but now it offers 2 months, so you should first make it clear to Videotron that you will be able to enjoy the benefit;
2. Yes, the Videotron set-up disc will help the first-time user log on automatically, but it will expire after 10 days, so you need to register your own user name using Videotron's telephone tech service, but the password you used is ok, actually that sounds weird, but at least I was in this case;
3. Videotron-MTL is for your 7 hour dial-up service (free comes with your Videotron cable service in order to let you access email when you are not at home). When you open your PC, Videotron will make its own logging at start-up!
4. Videotron's website is crap, you can only find telephone number there.
5. Even on my Celeron laptop, the speed is very good, in some cases the download ratio can be over 500kbps (when downloading NBA RM chip on this web page). But cable modem uses cable, so I heard that in some area or in some specific time when too many users are on cable tv, the download speed will be slower, I can't feel it.

Conclusion, Videotron rocks, though its staffs are always on strike!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

2#
发表于 2002-7-30 18:06 | 显示全部楼层
1. Videotron people asks your modem's serial number simply for them to open the account for you, if your modem is not motorola, you don't have to worry too much;
2. The modem i am using is Scientific Atlanta, made in Taiwan, i can't check my usage either, but as long as i can't, they don't have the right to charge for surplus usage fee, as it is not fair and against business rules here in canada.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2002-7-30 18:08 | 显示全部楼层
Videotron-mtl is for 56K fax modem connection. Plus, Outlook is way better than website email server when you are in town, soon you will know!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-6-7 02:28 , Processed in 0.043868 second(s), 31 queries .