租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: lilywall
打印 上一主题 下一主题

国际学校在哪里? 谈孩子是上公校还是私校?

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
楼主
发表于 2004-4-26 12:35 | 显示全部楼层

International school ????

There are primary school and many high school in different areas.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

2#
发表于 2004-4-26 14:42 | 显示全部楼层

You can not register without test

School of International in Montreal is good public high school, but you kid must pass the test. If you kid still study in "welcome Class" , it seems very difficult.

Almost every good high school need test !!!! include private school
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2004-4-29 09:39 | 显示全部楼层

cwood has very good experience

I have a daughter who has been studying in First year of private college (middle school): Villa Maria.  She feels very happy and I also believe it's value to send her to study in private school. Even in China. if you want study in very good high school, also need to spend a lots of money. The fee is about $3,000 per year and plus about $500 for text books and $500 for school clothes and other about $240-$500.
So the total is $4,000 -$5,000.

The International school of Montreal is public, so it's free. and almost the students are immigrants from China, Russian and India etc.
But the students in private school are very different.

I think "cwood" has very smart kid who can passed all the test in three schools.
But my kid seems very difficult to pass the test.

In Montreal only three good English Colleges have no limittaion to immigrant's kids. Example, LOWER CANADA COLLEGE.
But Fee is very high about $8,000-$10,000.

Thanks all for exechanging of information
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2004-4-29 09:48 | 显示全部楼层
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2004-4-30 14:38 | 显示全部楼层

BoKai is right

I totally agree with Bokai, I have the same experience.
My kids came here in 2000, and 2001 in French Welocme, 2002 in normal 5th grade, and took the test in October 2002, so felt very difficult to finsh the test.
Took three test ( International School of Montreal  (public) failed, COLLÈGE de NOTRE-DAME (private), and Ville Marie (private)).  Just have two schools (public, and one private) which can get in without test, but thet all rank after 40th.

My kid has very good in Math, Logic and English, but French is so so.
Now, My kid is studying in Ville Maria which is very good school ( I could not even saw some high school in China like some private school here !!!!!) which the history is long than Canada.

Send the kids to private school is value invest. This is even some rich and famous person in China want to do, but can not. In my kid class. there is only one Chinese. This is because some of Chinese immigrant does not know what the difference between the private school and public school.

I'm a professor in Chinese University. I always hear about the Chinese High School has good quality than oversea. This is totally wrong. My kids study in public school in US and Toronto Canada. If in public school that will be true, but in private school, no Chinese school like the private school here.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2004-4-30 14:47 | 显示全部楼层

Hi 李敏

Here is the list, if your kid is boy, please go Collège Jean-de-Brébeuf in Cote-ste Catherine street. or Collège Notre-Dame
if is girl, Villa Marie also is good.

The Fee in French private schools almost is same  about $4,000 + year, but less tha $5,000.  This is very cheap because the private school also get part of money from Quebec government. This is benefit which we live in Quebec. the other provinces are much high, (about $10,000).

http://www.iedm.org/ecoles/03/classement03.html
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2004-5-3 08:43 | 显示全部楼层

Hi

Good Morning,

Villa Marie's English Section is not open for you. If you want to study English school, only about three private schools are open for us (like new immigrant kids).
This is because some of private English schools also get financial support from government. So they also must abey 101 Code (French Language Code).

LOWER CANADA COLLEGE is one of good English school which your kids can study, but the Fee is about $8,000-$10,000 per year.

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2004-5-4 09:14 | 显示全部楼层

Hi 让孩子留一级 not good

If your kid studies very good in Welcome class. do not  let 孩子留一级. But for your case, still is very hard to make decision.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2004-5-7 09:22 | 显示全部楼层

Hi, Dot worry about the language of your kids

I have come here for four years. These are my experinece:

1.  I worry about my kid's French and English at begining. Actually kids learn language is much faster than us. But also need 2-4 Years. After 2 years, the kids can speak French and English and after 4 years, kid can write very well.

I do not understand French, so I can not teach the kid. At beginning, I just give her a website to translate from English to French or Chinese.
for example like this

http://world.altavista.com/

Now, she can do her home work without any help from me.

2. let kids watch TV in English and French.

3. Send kid to English day camp during summer vocation.

Please share my experience.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-6-5 08:06 , Processed in 0.052946 second(s), 33 queries .