租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: reshui
打印 上一主题 下一主题

请教住Brossard早晚过桥问题

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
楼主
发表于 2009-12-10 17:21 | 显示全部楼层
where did you read that from? the husband could have stopped the car before going on the bridge and it's actually the paramedics who were jammed in the traffic on the bridge while heading northbound towards Montreal.

i see the point you are trying to make is that traffic is not an issue for people living on southshore, at least not for you. i wish the parents of the newborn could think of the same, and be thankful to the traffic which made them frontpage of the news

"A student studying to become a paramedic had the experience of a lifetime Monday while helping to deliver a baby boy on Montreal’s Jacques-Cartier Bridge in rush-hour traffic.

The woman, a Longueuil resident, was rushing from her South Shore home to a Montreal hospital with her husband when her labour accelerated.
Her husband stopped the car and called an ambulance.
The paramedics picked her up and headed northbound on the Jacques-Cartier Bridge en route to the Saint-Luc Hospital.

"But after driving about 500 metres we realized we weren’t going to make it," said Huot, who added it was the first time he had helped a woman to give birth."

Post by helpwanted;2442159
  从原文来看, 是他老公把车紧急停在了不得桥上, 造成堵塞,然后打电话叫的救护车.请参考原文:

"The woman, a Longueuil resident, was rushing from her South Shore home to a Montreal hospital with her husband when her labour accelerated.

Her husband stopped the car and called an ambulance."

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/montrea ... html#socialcomments

该新闻目前已有8页的读者评论,没一条是关于交通堵塞的.

我觉得这样的翻译可真是误到大众啊...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

2#
发表于 2009-12-10 17:42 | 显示全部楼层
i'm sorry but it's never going to be explicit like that, especially when you quote from a paramedic (neither do you when you talk, it's not like you are doing testimony or anything). after all, how much time do you think they spent to drive those 500m on a fully jammed bridge?
Post by helpwanted;2442187
I read it at CBC website, the link was given in my previous post.

"But after driving about 500 metres we realized we weren’t going to make it,"

is not the same as:

"But after get stucked for 30 minutes, because people dont' give way to our Ambulance,  we realized we weren’t going to make it,"
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-6-7 15:25 , Processed in 0.046523 second(s), 28 queries .