租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 2778|回复: 24
打印 上一主题 下一主题

警察滥用权力又一例!

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-6-28 15:42 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |正序浏览 |阅读模式
At 22:50 on June 21, I drove at the intersection of Bleury and St. Catherine. It’s a one way street. There was a police wagon in front of mine, driving below 20 KM per hour without any siren. I followed them about 5seconds at very low speed and they are still very slow, in the middle of the road. I saw there were two female police officers in the car and they were talking. To remind them I was going to surpass, I blew my horn in a very short and polite way and then I drove my car to the right side of the police wagon. The police officer at the passenger side swang down her mirror and yelled at me “You must be very hurry!”  What could I say? I was not very hurry but I do have a friend waiting for my pick-up at the airport and what I did is only to give them a signal so that we can avoid unexpected collision when I surpassed them since I knew they were very concentrated on their work. When I wanted to leave, the police officer stopped my car and asked me to show them my driver license, my vehicle registration paper and my insurance paper. I was fully cooperative even I was aware that they intended to give me a hard time only because they felt their privilege on the road was challenged from their assumption even my original intention is only to give them a signal of surpassing a police wagon which crossed the road lines, at a extreme low speed and with no siren at all. I issued them my drive license and vehicle registration paper. When I asked the police officer what I did wrong, she sat on her seat (she never left her seat) and yelled at me: “It’s because of your attitude. You didn’t show your respect! You are dealing with a police officer, not your wife”! When I asked them what’s wrong with my attitude, was I rude or did I use any coarse language and then explained to her I just gave them a signal, she replied:” you are not suppose to tell a police officer how to do her job!” It seems my guess is right. As a police officer, no matter they are working or not, no matter they crossed the line or not, no matter they were chatting or not, as a citizen, the only choice for you is only to follow them and have to be follow quietly. Otherwise, they will stop your car, check you everything until they pick some excuse to give you a ticket. After carefully checking my files, it is very obvious they cannot find anything wrong. But this cannot save their face. They have to do something to prove their power. Finally they issued me a ticket of 95$ since I didn’t sign on the vehicle registration paper although they have all of my IDs and check my signatures and pictures. When I asked the police officer “does this make you feel better?” she replied me with a threatening tone “do you want to have another ticket of not showing your insurance paper? It can be up to 950$!” (I was looking for my insurance paper at that moment.) What should I do now? To defend my dignity in the price of another fabricated accusation of 950$?  Come on, give me a break…

The lessons I learned from this case are:

1.        For some polices, defending their authority is much more important than defending justice.

2.        Respect means to follow and to follow quietly.

3.        You will get a ticket because of your “attitude”.

4.        Ticket is negotiable. It will be 95$ if the police want to give you an easy time and up to 950$ if they want to give you a hard time. It’s according to their wish and mood!

It’s the whole story in that drizzly night. I decide to sue them not only because of that fabricated ticket but also I have to defend my basic rights and stop some police officers abusing using their authorities which they are entitle to.
25#
发表于 2005-7-8 00:09 | 只看该作者
鸣笛催别人,是很不礼貌的行为,而且是在夜间,又是催警察,哥们儿,你也太张狂了吧?

在凯瑟琳大街上经常会有这样的警车转悠,开得很慢,也不知他们在干什么,估计是在查路边的违章车之类吧,我也遇到过,但你跟他们一会儿,很快他们就开走了.那是繁华的商业街,他们绝不会无事去阻塞交通的,是你太急了,以我的经验,其实超过去也快不到哪儿去.有些警察是不太讲理,他们也不会跟你讲理.他们只是依法行事,服不服你可以去申诉.但这次明显是你先惹的人家.抓违章,开罚单,是这儿警察主要干的事情(主要是没什么大事).你不是往枪口上撞嘛.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

24#
发表于 2005-7-7 22:30 | 只看该作者
我就喜欢你这样的!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 2005-7-7 12:29 | 只看该作者
Post by Ironcool
谢谢大家给的意见!
单就罚单而言,我有可能输这个官司,或者肯定输;
但还是要上庭,我会往他们给我罚单的动机上引,或者借机另开一个官司告她们;我错了我付罚款,她们滥用权力的我就要让她们付出代价。
谢谢大家,我心情很好,其中一条就是我做了我应该去做的事。

支持楼主, 据理力争.
虽然楼主有值得检讨的地方, 但警察不公的,滥用职权的, 就应该接受检查. 老百姓不监督执法, 以后受害的还是老百姓. 和警察打官司没什么可怕的, 打就打了, 做想做的事, 心情也会舒畅些.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

22#
发表于 2005-7-6 23:42 | 只看该作者
支持楼主,成败皆英雄!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

21#
发表于 2005-7-4 16:02 | 只看该作者
强烈支持楼主.
无论输了赢了都是英雄!!!

Post by Ironcool
谢谢大家给的意见!
单就罚单而言,我有可能输这个官司,或者肯定输;
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

20#
 楼主| 发表于 2005-7-3 14:44 | 只看该作者
谢谢大家给的意见!
单就罚单而言,我有可能输这个官司,或者肯定输;
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

卖姑娘的小火柴 该用户已被删除
19#
发表于 2005-7-2 20:30 | 只看该作者
提示: 作者被禁止或删除 内容自动屏蔽
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

18#
发表于 2005-7-2 15:03 | 只看该作者
楼上几位朋友说的很对,就罚单而言,楼主似乎要输了,但这的法官还是会聆听楼主的陈述的。以我的经验,警察是不上庭的,由市政府的专职人员和楼主论理。这样,楼主还是有机会把整个经过明白无误的说出来,然后由法官判定。本人经验,楼主应该预约在verdun的法庭,那的法官相对NICE些,就算是败了,他也给MINIMUM FINE AMOUNT,而不是罚单的原始罚款金额。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

17#
发表于 2005-7-1 23:42 | 只看该作者
Hi, there! We all hate those policemen who abuse their power. They were obviously revenging your attitude. However, what will u sue them? For the ticket, they gave right ticket due to your failure to sign the certificate. It is correct to fine you $95.00. I once was stopped by a police car. The lady tole me that i had not stopped my car completely at intersection. It was my luck. Nobody stops car completely at stop sign (legally we are supposed to stop completely). Finanlly, the female police came back and told me that "i won't give you a ticket for passing stop sign, which would cost $140 plus 3 points. i gave you a ticket for not signing your certificate, which cost you only $95.00" both of us were laughing.  

My friend, you don't get too serious about that, save your energy to have a nice summer. You may write to the police station they belong to, and complain their attitude. I don't think you can legally require something. i have to say that justice is never completely just.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-6-3 07:00 , Processed in 0.050346 second(s), 46 queries .