租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: 2002weiwei
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[联谊] 壁球高手请进

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
51#
发表于 2003-10-28 23:12 | 只看该作者
It is not that rare for one side to get no point in a squash game. I've seen similar cases in tournaments.
I've also seen players coming back from 0-8
to win a game at 10-8.
Even in high level matches, it is still very possible.
In the final of 2003 World Junior Women's Championship,
Australia's number one player, Brown,
lost 3 straight games, getting not a SINGLE point in all 3 games, to Egyptian's number one player,
who happens to be world junior champion.
See part of the report below:

Egypt declared themselves world champions today in historic fashion when they beat the Aussies in style to claim the title. Playing on their home court, and in front of their home crowd, the Egyptian team proved to the world their unchallenged strength in the finals against Australia.

The opening game between Badr and Australia's Urquhart was the closest of the match. Urquhart was put on great pressure by the Egyptian's attacking, basic game. Badr made very few errors and constantly moved Urquhart to control the " T " and match, and won in three. The Australian had put on a huge fight but Badr was just the better player today.

Next came world junior champion, Abdel Kawy, against Australia's number one Brown. Brown had played a five game thriller the previous day with England's Pierrepont and some may have thought that the Aussie could offer the world champion some challenge.

Those who thought so were very wrong.

Playing dazzling squash, Abdel Kawy refused to drop one single point in the entire match, illustrating the huge gap between her and the other players in the tournament. Everything the Egyptian did was just perfect. There were no mistakes from the Egyptian's side and Brown found herself helpless to a determined Abdel Kawy. With Abdel Kawy ' s 27-0 win Egypt won the title. "Winning the team title completes my dream. This is just great for Egyptian squash and for Egypt," said the eighteen year old world champ.
In the dead rubber El Waleily only dropped three points. Egypt had won the match and team title in spectacular fashion in front of the cheering crowd.
温馨提示
本站接到网友举报,有人发布招聘(保姆管家、助理文秘、中文教师等)、交友和送宠物等信息,目标主要是针对女士行骗。为了增加欺骗力度,有的招聘中留了本地电话号码,那些电话号码实际上都是虚拟号码,其实他们人不在本地。建议大家提高警惕,不要随意提供个人信息并与对方纠缠,谨防“杀猪盘”。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

52#
发表于 2003-10-28 23:44 | 只看该作者
I just found out that a squash tournament
will take place this coming weekend, Oct 31 to Nov 2.
The club is Mirabel tennis and squash club in Pointe-Claire, near Fairview shopping center.
The first rounds in all categories will start at around 6pm on Friday.
Most good matches are usually found on Saturday, with the semi-finals and finals on Sunday.
From my past experience, it is free for anyone
to go in the club to watch the matches on tournament days.

If you are interested in squash,
you should definitely go to catch a match or 2.

http://www.squash.qc.ca/2003/Pictures/Tour_Mirabel.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

53#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-10-29 00:53 | 只看该作者
glad to see your information of squash.unfortunately,i have to go back to toronto this friday afternoon because of something urgently to deal with,and i am not sure when i can come back to montreal according to the situation.so tomorrow afternoon,i will go to mcgill gym;thursday should be our last squash practice before my leaving.as you are familiar with our building squash court,welcome you to play whether i am in or not.thanks for your teaching and glad to meet you here.see you thursday.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

54#
发表于 2003-10-29 13:44 | 只看该作者
I'll see you at around 6pm Thursday.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-6-8 06:02 , Processed in 0.052388 second(s), 28 queries .