希望结识蒙大学习的同学,了解学校的情况,谢谢
garcon216@sohu.com
作者: happycanada    时间: 2004-4-21 11:55
标题: happycanada
happy_canada@canada.com
我是蒙大的.
作者: amelie    时间: 2004-4-21 22:42
标题: 蒙大的,你们好!

太好了!我也想读蒙大,那想问一下,我在国内是法语专业的本科毕业生,学士证书,入蒙大的话,需要考试吗?要提供些什么证件、资料吗?谢谢回复!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:
作者: zool    时间: 2004-4-22 17:59
标题: amelie,你太适合读蒙大了.
蒙大没入学考试.如果法语好,读蒙大是最好的选择
作者: kevinfrchina    时间: 2004-4-22 21:34
据说不会法语某些研究生课程也可以读,有谁了解具体情况,请告知。
作者: chat    时间: 2004-4-23 15:49
标题: French is not big problem
Post by kevinfrchina
据说不会法语某些研究生课程也可以读,有谁了解具体情况,请告知。
Even you don't know any French, you still should be ok since at least half of the courses you can take outside of UdM. I did this way
作者: kevinfrchina    时间: 2004-4-26 19:20
really? very good. but how to deal with  the another half courses which in English? and outside means Mcgill or others ? thank you

Post by chat
Even you don't know any French, you still should be ok since at least half of the courses you can take outside of UdM. I did this way

作者: air-yu    时间: 2004-4-26 19:49
标题: 我申请蒙大了
蒙大的数学专业,本科,已经接到录取通知,不过法语实在有限(录取通知还看的半懂不懂呢):eek: ,正在犹豫呢:rolleyes: ,恳请得到各位的执教:confused:,llj1972@hotmail.com
作者: kia    时间: 2004-4-28 20:30
to: air-yu 不用怕,我在COFI 才读到4级就到蒙大了,目前还没问题。对于数学只要抄下老师的笔记,回家理解,记一下公式,考试一样过,相信我,你一定没问题!
作者: edwardroi    时间: 2004-4-28 21:34
标题: test
你能通过法语水平考试吗?! 难的确还在后面呢, 小东西!
作者: kia    时间: 2004-5-2 20:07
其实我只是给那些有勇气入读蒙大的同学打气,当然用法语读专业是很难,但只有用心刻苦地学习,一定能过。我身边有好几个只读过cofi就入读蒙专业的同学,他们永远是图书馆里最晚出来的人,他们也取得了很好的成绩。他们的确是花了别人好几倍的时间。我认为,如果法语不好如果读的只要不是文课,应该能过。而且对于数学和计算机等专业也没要求语言测试。这是就是别人说的,进去容易出来难。我希望所有的蒙大的中国同学都能完成学业。
作者: lancer001    时间: 2004-5-2 22:07
实际没那么简单,要完成蒙大学业
很不容易, 要有思想准备.

过来人
作者: lancer001    时间: 2004-5-2 22:09
问题一定会有不少,只是大小问题
作者: chat    时间: 2004-5-3 00:10
Post by kevinfrchina
really? very good. but how to deal with the another half courses which in English? and outside means Mcgill or others ? thank you
Outsides means any university in Quebec (I take the course in Concordia, Mcgill). All the courses you want to take them outside UdM are subject to be approved by program director. There is on line system which allows you to register the courses in another university, do the credits transfer.

At least half courses you can take outside UdM, totally depend on if you can find a equivalent courses in another Unversity. I did my half courses in UdM in French. I don't know almost any French, if i can, you can do it too.
作者: ZANGJL    时间: 2004-5-3 10:26
蒙大工学院的同学:

我是蒙大工学院的学生,想认识一些工学院的同学,大家组织一下,交个朋友.相互交流信息,互相帮助. 请联系: 我姓藏, 514-7311254(周六,周日).平时上课不在家. 请写 email: zang74818@hotmail.com, 我和你联系, ,谢谢.

fficeffice" />>>
作者: kevinfrchina    时间: 2004-5-3 22:03
标题: amazing
Post by chat
Outsides means any university in Quebec (I take the course in Concordia, Mcgill). All the courses you want to take them outside UdM are subject to be approved by program director. There is on line system which allows you to register the courses in another university, do the credits transfer.

At least half courses you can take outside UdM, totally depend on if you can find a equivalent courses in another Unversity. I did my half courses in UdM in French. I don't know almost any French, if i can, you can do it too.

thank you . but firstly I must contact with future supervisor if I apply for UdeM s master program, while their website is french character. I can not  understand even one word.Do you have any experience about that how to get the permission of prof.

Is there any   basic medical science  program which permit  be applied  for without certain prof. s pemission?  thank you very much.  kevin;)
作者: chat    时间: 2004-5-4 20:31
Post by kevinfrchina
thank you . but firstly I must contact with future supervisor if I apply for UdeM s master program, while their website is french character. I can not understand even one word.Do you have any experience about that how to get the permission of prof.

go to see a professor, who interests you, and talk with him to explore the possibility of supervise you.

Is there any basic medical science program which permit be applied for without certain prof. s pemission? thank you very much. kevin;)

I have no idea about that. I know some chinese student in the program such as pathlogy, immunology, microbiology, etc. But i don't know if you must find a professor first in fundermental medical science. (for computer science, you don't have to)
作者: longyangrich    时间: 2004-5-5 00:33
标题: Chat您好!
请问您知道的这些学基础医学的中国同胞也是不懂法语而在里面读书的吗?另外,在国内有硕士学位,在蒙大可以直接读博士吗?对了,我不会法语!请指教!!!多谢!!!!
作者: ZANGJL    时间: 2004-5-5 10:42
你们有谁想在学校附近住吗?我在找roommate.  merci
    zang74818@hotmail.com
作者: kevinfrchina    时间: 2004-5-5 18:36
Post by chat
I have no idea about that. I know some chinese student in the program such as pathlogy, immunology, microbiology, etc. But i don't know if you must find a professor first in fundermental medical science. (for computer science, you don't have to)

oh. I am looking forward to your reply. thank you very much. you are a kind  man. you  know I am not familar with the process of seeing a prof.  
May I stop by a prof. directly without appointment?  and  would you mind say something more about this? thank you .Chat.
作者: chat    时间: 2004-5-5 20:04
Post by longyangrich
请问您知道的这些学基础医学的中国同胞也是不懂法语而在里面读书的吗?另外,在国内有硕士学位,在蒙大可以直接读博士吗?对了,我不会法语!请指教!!!多谢!!!!

I know quite a few student there who know little French. By the way, I can read a little French (with help from software from www.altavista.com), but nothing listening and speaking.
Definitly, you can directly go for Ph.D program. Good thing for PhD is that there are very few course works you need to take. Most of your time will deal with research in the lab.
作者: chat    时间: 2004-5-5 20:12
Post by kevinfrchina
oh. I am looking forward to your reply. thank you very much. you are a kind man. you know I am not familar with the process of seeing a prof.
May I stop by a prof. directly without appointment? and would you mind say something more about this? thank you .Chat.

I did visit a professor without appointment (Before I visit them, I sent an email to ask the posibility of supervising me and got no reply).  One professor said that he was still think about that, later never got reply from him. After talking with another professor, he let me wait and later on when he had money, he informed me that he was willing to supervise me, which was three month later.
作者: longyangrich    时间: 2004-5-5 23:30
标题: 谢谢chat
您能否告诉我申请在蒙大读博士困难吗?
作者: chat    时间: 2004-5-6 07:53
[QUOTE=longyangrich]您能否告诉我申请在蒙大读博士困难吗?[/QUOTE
it's hard to say. It will be case by case. If you have strong background and show potential research ability, it won't be difficult. Comparing to english university in montreal, UdM is easiest one, but it is indeed good university.
作者: kevinfrchina    时间: 2004-5-6 16:37
Post by chat
I did visit a professor without appointment (Before I visit them, I sent an email to ask the posibility of supervising me and got no reply). One professor said that he was still think about that, later never got reply from him. After talking with another professor, he let me wait and later on when he had money, he informed me that he was willing to supervise me, which was three month later.

what is the main topic if I visit a prof. without any appointment? can you call me at 7330854. I want to get more information.It is important to me very much. In fact I just have no any experience about meeting a future supervisor. you know I do not want be refused just bcs the worse fisrt show.
thanks again . Chat.
作者: longyangrich    时间: 2004-5-6 22:43
标题: Chat帮忙给了解一下!!!万分感激!!!
Chat你好!我给蒙大的教授发邮件了,可是都不回!哎,绝望!我在国内有病理生理学专业的医学硕士学位!我是搞肿瘤生物治疗的——肝癌!不知道这个专业是否渴望我们这样的人去读博士!另外,申请读博士现在有没有什么要求?蒙大的网站上都是法语,我是一点法语都看不懂!真tmd让我头痛!!!另外,据说读蒙大的博士竞争好象不激烈,不知道情况是否真实?请真诚相告!!!!
作者: wengbin    时间: 2004-5-7 20:28
标题: 至longyangrich
我也想申请蒙大,在国内也是学医的,很想和你交流一下,nnjb@hotmail.com,谢谢!

Post by longyangrich
Chat你好!我给蒙大的教授发邮件了,可是都不回!哎,绝望!我在国内有病理生理学专业的医学硕士学位!我是搞肿瘤生物治疗的——肝癌!不知道这个专业是否渴望我们这样的人去读博士!另外,申请读博士现在有没有什么要求?蒙大的网站上都是法语,我是一点法语都看不懂!真tmd让我头痛!!!另外,据说读蒙大的博士竞争好象不激烈,不知道情况是否真实?请真诚相告!!!!

作者: chat    时间: 2004-5-7 21:20
Post by longyangrich

I feel that the PhD program is not competitive at all. But you still need to make the professors believe that you can do research well since professors want cheap and smart labour. The previous background will be very important. I think your bkg is strong enough, just take your time and also make your professor believe that French is not big problem. Start learn French!

我给蒙大的教授发邮件了,可是都不回!哎
go to see professor but be prepared.
作者: longyangrich    时间: 2004-5-7 21:48
标题: wengbin您好!认识同行是我的荣幸!
Post by wengbin
我也想申请蒙大,在国内也是学医的,很想和你交流一下,nnjb@hotmail.com,谢谢!
在我们交流以前请您将您的个人情况简单介绍一下,不然我没有办法和您交流!!!我的邮箱:longyangrich@hotmail.com
作者: longyangrich    时间: 2004-5-7 21:51
标题: Chat:如果您是男士,我就对您说:哥们儿够朋友!讲义气的中国人!!!如果你是女士我就说:LOVE YOU
Post by chat
I feel that the PhD program is not competitive at all. But you still need to make the professors believe that you can do research well since professors want cheap and smart labour. The previous background will be very important. I think your bkg is strong enough, just take your time and also make your professor believe that French is not big problem. Start learn French!

我给蒙大的教授发邮件了,可是都不回!哎
go to see professor but be prepared.
CHAT你可真够朋友!!我是东北人,沈阳的,性格豪爽!有机会我们见面,做个朋友!
作者: kevinfrchina    时间: 2004-5-8 00:01
THANKS FOR CHAT. I open a place special for IMGs/docters come from China. we can communicate with each other within docters.
作者: kevinfrchina    时间: 2004-5-8 01:57
Post by netsino
哈哈。。。。。你可以写 email,不过他们可能不回答。这是你可以直接 call,然后他如果有兴趣,就会给你 appointment,否则,他也可能推荐别的教授给你哈。。。

email作为 cover letter 要简短一些,说明你目前的学历、专业方向、你对教授研究方向的理解拉,最好附上一封清晰简单的简历拉。。。。。对拉,为了防止病毒嫌疑,你的简历可以以文本的方式,附在cover letter email的最后拉。

thank you netsino. but i wonder why you come here?  anyway welcome and your writing style is personable. It looks you are happy and young. good luck.
作者: kevinfrchina    时间: 2004-5-8 14:18
Post by netsino
a...........I could not understand fully your meaning by the words quoted below......haha

Do you mean I may not belong to your group at "a place special for IMGs/docters come from China"?

No.firstly,I said welcome you.   secondly, this is not "a place special for IMGs/docters come from China"   and even "a place special for IMGs/docters come from China" you can post anything you want, this is your right. and if you want to go to"a place special for IMGs/docters come from China" I will say welcome you again. I am serious.

by the way.I feel you are a little bit hypersensitive, and always say "hahha " Maybe  you should increase your self-confidence.

finally, thank you very much for your advice in this place and good luck.
作者: 闻西.达    时间: 2004-5-17 02:32
标题: hi
有空儿联系一下,我也是刚刚收到5月份的入学通知
我申请的是计算机的phd

欢迎光临 蒙城华人网 (https://www.sinoquebec.com/) Powered by Discuz! X3.1