查看: 771|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[其他] Landing Questions

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2007-3-26 18:25 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Dear all friends,

There is no Chinese input on this computer, so I have to use English. Sorry about this. I have a couple of questions about landing in Montreal:

1. What documents do I need to take with me when I am landing?

2. My husband and I are living in US right now, and we want to land in Montreal this summer. About the proof of funding that we have, how much should we have when we are landing? We only have a little money in Canadian bank, but we have US bank statement. Is this OK for landing?

3. We need to come back to US in 1 or 2 weeks after we land. Does anyone know how long it will take to receive the PR card? Or can the PR card be mailed to an address outside of Canada? Or we have to stay in Canada until we get the PR card?

4. We also need to renew our US visa before we leave Canada. So for those who have experience with application for US visa, do we have to present our PR cards when we go to the US visa interview? Or landing paper is enough?

I will really appreciate if someone could help me out of those questions! Thanks in advance!!!
2#
发表于 2007-3-27 17:03 | 只看该作者
1 When you in the Canadian border entry, they will not check your bank statement,
they just check your status of the landing paper, mark the entry time and what kind
of belonging you have it in the first entry. That it.

2. About the U.S visa, it will depend on what kind of Visa you currently keep it,
you need indicate you are the canadian resident in any U.S embassy,
if you want to apply for 10 year visa for entering U.S as a Canadian resident,
the status must be swithed to B1/B2 visa, ( if you have H1 or F1 now ),
if you want to renew your H1, you must approve you are still working in
U.S company.

good luck
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-4-3 19:19 | 只看该作者
Post by musefinder
1 When you in the Canadian border entry, they will not check your bank statement,
they just check your status of the landing paper, mark the entry time and what kind
of belonging you have it in the first entry. That it.

2. About the U.S visa, it will depend on what kind of Visa you currently keep it,
you need indicate you are the canadian resident in any U.S embassy,
if you want to apply for 10 year visa for entering U.S as a Canadian resident,
the status must be swithed to B1/B2 visa, ( if you have H1 or F1 now ),
if you want to renew your H1, you must approve you are still working in
U.S company.

good luck

Thank you very much for  your information.
Does anyone know whether we have to present our PR card when we are going to the visa interview? or our landing paper is just fine?
Can we ask for express post of our PR card?
Many thanks in advance!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-19 19:07 , Processed in 0.039374 second(s), 38 queries .