租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: buyusedcar
打印 上一主题 下一主题

开个讨论旧车园地:买卖保养等

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
21#
发表于 2002-7-17 17:13 | 显示全部楼层
回lio:
   我在南岸看了一台Honda civic是香港人的。92年。双门,发动机有杂音。2800$但左右各有一块锈比较大,修要500左右。最可气的是香港人的态度,牛!我买2手车,因为我手头不宽余。可我有知识!有些香港人神气活现的,牛什么呀!一脸轻蔑的表情也许代表你有钱,但不知你是否有文化。从此不与尽可能不香港人打交道!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

22#
发表于 2002-7-17 21:18 | 显示全部楼层
Lio,
By law (also for the sake of the safety for your child), infant/toddler must be seated in a car seat -- that usually takes lots of space. I don't suggest you to seat 4 adults + 1 toddler/infant/child.  It will be very uncomfortable.  If you have to seat 4 adults (including driver) + 1 infant/toddler, then buy a Toyota Camry.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 2002-7-17 21:22 | 显示全部楼层
About the inspection
It costs about $ 90 at Phil Bailey's Garage in Lachine. The inspection includes everything: engine, starter, air conditioning, lights, brakes, muffler, tires, radio, car body, oils, fluid, steering, road test, etc (they have a check list - so you dont have to worry). In my opinion, it is sufficient - after all, we are not buying a space shuttle.  they will give you a detailed report and explain to you what's wrong with the car and the cost of repairing.

Bear in mind that any inspection from any garage could miss some problems because they are humans. As long as the garage is descent and honest, I will bring my car there.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

24#
发表于 2002-7-17 21:28 | 显示全部楼层
QiQi,
I don't believe the mileage on that car. Do a math yourself: in Quebec, drivers do about 30,000 km/year per year. How can he prove to you that this is lady driven?  I know some ladies who abuse cars more than men do -- in my humble opinion, unless it is driven by an old lady, I will not buy the story.
Remind you in China we have a saying: 此地无银三百两.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 2002-7-17 22:12 | 显示全部楼层
Hi,各位师傅们,知不知道哪里可以做汽车美容(实际上就是加装些电子、音响等享受用的玩意儿)?或者哪里可以买到这些玩意自己倒腾(除Walmart和CanadianTire)?
小弟多谢了!  :confused:    :confused:    :confused:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

26#
发表于 2002-7-18 00:49 | 显示全部楼层
Something is very wrong with your Tercel. Check the following:
1) air filter - when did you change it? A dirty and blocked air filter will substantially increase gas consumption.
2) do you change your engine oil regularly, i.e. 6,000 to 7,000 km?

3) spark plugs - when did you change it? You may need a turn-up.

There are other factors that might affect the gas consumption. I suggest you bring your car to a garage (NEVER bring it to Canadian Tire because they will only rip you off)!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

27#
发表于 2002-7-18 17:37 | 显示全部楼层
There is a rusr treatment center called Metropolitaine. Its treatment is to put an protective pantented oil and wax mixture on the
car interior parts.It cost about 60 dollars. you can buy product from canadian tire to rust proof your car yourself. Most new commer underestimate   the quebec winter and its effect to the car.If you do nothing with the used already rusted car  it will fast become a pile of gabage in 2 years. Esspecially you already see the rust.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

28#
发表于 2002-7-18 19:37 | 显示全部楼层
Rust Proofing
There are two seperate issues here:
1) preventive rust proof - If you buy your car brandnew (not leasing)and only if you want to drive it for more than 6 years, then you should have it treated every year for the 1st 2 years. And then do it every other year. It is not necessary to treat every year after 2nd year because the rust proof coating usually stays around 2 winters.

You can NOT do it yourself because you dont have the equipment (go see how rust proof is treated at a garage and you will know what I mean).

2) Surface rust - in general, the earlier you treat the rust, the better it is to stop it from spreading. If there are not many rust spots, then you can buy a fine sandpaper from Canadian Tire and remove it. Then apply touch-up paint (you can get it from the car dealer, cost around $8/bottle). The color code is usualy on the door beam on the driver side.

If the rust is really big, then you need to bring your car to the garage. I know a bodyshop in Montreal North and their price is really descent. Tel; 327-6662 ask for Dave or Sam. address: 10140, hotel de ville, Montreal North (take Pie IV north).

For faster reply, please contact rcai@sympatico.ca and I will share my knowledge with you.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

29#
发表于 2002-7-18 19:42 | 显示全部楼层
More about rust proof
If the car you have is an old car and you want to keep it for a few years, then you should have it rust proofed every year before the winter (if rust proof was not done by the previous owner). The road salt and sand do a great damaging job to your car. Some rust is hidden - gone into the body of the metal. But if the previous owner did rust proof (check the receipts and car by a garage), you should still do it for the 1st 2 years and then do it every other year on the safe side.
Hope it helps
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

30#
发表于 2002-7-18 19:53 | 显示全部楼层
Guys,
Why dont we meet on Sunday morning for a chat on cars? We can get to know each other and discuss more at greater length?
I suggest to meet in a park, any suggestions?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-6 12:13 , Processed in 0.049328 second(s), 39 queries .