在哪个银行开户好?

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
11#
发表于 2008-10-10 13:10 | 显示全部楼层

Reminder: Term Deposit

I don't have that much money   , for those of u who has spare $$:

BMO   4.25% 24 months-lock in, min. $1000
HSBC 4.25% 17 months-lock in, min. $5000
HSBC 3.25% 12months-cashable (after 89 days).
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2008-10-21 09:33 | 显示全部楼层
Thank VVMM for sharing info.

--------------------------------------------------------
"是不是只能在HSBC的ATM上存支票?" => No

I've deposit cheques in BMO+National machineSS, never problem except once last week.  But it was BMO machine problem(identical problem to my BMO account at the time), not problem with HSBC/HSBC account.  

Or did u try to deposit your cheque into Chequing Account on machine, it's supposed to be Savings.  I always check balance first before any transaction, to avoid mixing up the accounts.  :p

Some National machines doesn't allow deposit, e.g. the one in Central Library(withdrawal only).  I had to walk down to the National Bank in ~Place Duplus on St. Catherine.  Info on National machines are listed on the EXCHANGE web site, hours, functions, etc.  Ask telephone banking for address.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"他们只说你只要提供institution#, transit # and account # 就是一样的了。" => 是一样的。

I asked the HSBC girl who helped me to open my account,  I told her THE SECRETARY ASKED FOR VOID CHEQUE, I may need some for Bell/Hydro.  She asked me how many void cheques I wanted.

If u prefer a paper (VOID CHEQUE), call your Account Manager, she'll get that done and have them mailed to u.  May as well get your credit check done(read reply #13 that I've written below) at the same time.  Much better with less hold on your tansaction(s).  Call telephone banking, they will tell u 2 names + 2 1-800# for your Account Manager (believe the other may be assistance or whatever)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Error message: Sorry! The administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 600 seconds.

#$%^& $%^&* !@#$% !@#$%
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 2008-10-22 08:13 | 显示全部楼层
Post by fengfeng
  . . . . 不过因为它是信用账号,如果从中转钱去买RRSP,是不是相当于贷款买RRSP呢,所以当时银行没容许我这么干,我只能从普通支票账号去买。现在知道HSBC也可以PRE-AUTHORIZE PAY功能,所以这一问题就可以解决。 . . .  

I have no idea what credit line account is, don't understand why pre-authorize pay function can be used for RRSP.  Just want to remind u to be careful with inter-bank transfer, believe they charge ~$15/25 per transaction.

(Interbank transfer for pre-set-up account(e.g. my BMO accounts) in HSBC Direct Saving is "Direct Deposit" in my BMO, no charge.  Requirement: same name)
Post by montrealpost
  . . .  BILL PAYMENT function(HSBC) - City tax, Hydro, Bell, Visa, MC, etc. etc.  (no income tax yet)   . . . . . .

Correction:  The payee list of HSBC includes Montreal School Tax, Federal income tax.
No Quebec income tax, no Montreal Property Tax listed, i.e. u can't pay these 2 over the internet, nor telephone banking.  They are working on these 2 right now.

The girl at HSBC branch told me that she saw people paying their Quebec income tax at HSBC machines.  The payee list at branch is a bit different from the web+telephone banking.  U can pay Quebec income tax at counter, but there will be a service charge + :

U cannot do anything with Direct Saving Account at any HSBC counter, they don't have access to the internet account.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 2008-10-26 13:45 | 显示全部楼层

HSBC . . . . Chequing Account

For those of u who has Direct Savings account in HSBC and ~need . . . . . . . . chequing account?

I`ve talked my account manager to give me 150 free cheques  :p  for opening a chequing account.  10 temparay cheques in mail already with ~welcome package. (talked over phone ~10 min., check credit again  :confused: , done)

There`s a promotion for 6 months NO service charge for chequing account, expiring Oct. 31.  Check their web site (hsbc.ca) to see if u`re OK with their plan(s) first.  The Performance Plan that`s free for 6 months is too expensive(~$10-12/mth.), be prepared to change to a plan that`s suitable for your need right after 6 months.

Good luck and have fun!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-7 13:13 , Processed in 0.041996 second(s), 29 queries .