租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: lilywall

国际学校在哪里? 谈孩子是上公校还是私校?

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
发表于 2004-5-6 07:44 | 显示全部楼层

for lin.x.xx

看来我的判断有误,按你孩子的情况进villa-maria问题不大,villa-maria的英语也不错.

GOOD LUCK !
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-5-6 21:29 | 显示全部楼层
谢谢progrramer
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-5-6 21:50 | 显示全部楼层

Thank you, Cwood!

I'll try! Thank you, Cwood! I believe every kind person will be lucky!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-5-7 00:12 | 显示全部楼层
LIN.X. XX 你家孩子在哪个学校上学呢?

我是今年3月份刚来的,孩子现在13岁了,上中学的欢迎班,才上了两个月,书面考试还行,就是不会说。这个欢迎班大都是中国孩子,我不认为这是好事。下了课大家都说汉语,语言环境不是很好,想转学又不知道转到那里好些。请诸位朋友提一些建议。

先谢谢大家!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-5-7 09:22 | 显示全部楼层

Hi, Dot worry about the language of your kids

I have come here for four years. These are my experinece:

1.  I worry about my kid's French and English at begining. Actually kids learn language is much faster than us. But also need 2-4 Years. After 2 years, the kids can speak French and English and after 4 years, kid can write very well.

I do not understand French, so I can not teach the kid. At beginning, I just give her a website to translate from English to French or Chinese.
for example like this

http://world.altavista.com/

Now, she can do her home work without any help from me.

2. let kids watch TV in English and French.

3. Send kid to English day camp during summer vocation.

Please share my experience.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-5-7 21:07 | 显示全部楼层
programmer,

谢谢你的鼓励。我孩子现在所在的语言班中国孩子居多是其一, 其二,这个中学的孩子对中国的孩子很歧视,其行为特别恶劣,所以我还是想下学期转个学校。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-5-8 18:22 | 显示全部楼层
To:lilywall:
当孩子出了欢迎班后,选一个没有欢迎班的,离downtown远一点,离地铁远一点的学校,这样的学校中国孩子会少一些,我当初就是这样选择的。现在我的孩子在notre-dame-de-la-garde.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2004-5-10 13:08 | 显示全部楼层
To: lin.x.xx,

谢谢您的指教。

孩子的问题一日不明朗,便一日不安心。真是可怜天下父母心!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-6-26 15:47 | 显示全部楼层

Goto welcoming class or goto secondary school directly

Hello, Programmer  and Cwood,

My kid has just graduated English elementary school in Canada. Now we are living in Montreal, so he needs to study in French school. His English is very good, but French is so so. However, he has studied French for three years in Canadian English elementary school.

We really don't know how to arrange my son's studies. 1) Go to a good secondary school (public or private)? ( However,most of good schools  have not place for him right now).  or  2) Go to a normal secondary school. It seems there are a very few schools which can be chosen, and those schools' ranks is very low. Would you please recommand some secondary schools in downtown Montreal?

We don't know if we should ask my kid remains in grade six for more one year and waite for a secondary entry exam for a better secondary school or directly goto normal  secondary school to study, then consider transfer to a better school?   

There is another problem, my kid is not willing to goto welcoming class just only studying language. If he gos to welcoming class,what can be learnt in the welcoming class? If he has some basic knowledge of French, how to arrange his study in the welcoming class. Does he must  stay in welcoming class for at least one year? SHold he stay in grade six or secondary one in order to take good secondary schools' entry exam?

Thank you in advance for providing information.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2004-6-27 13:52 | 显示全部楼层
Peter,

First, you should check English school board of Montreal to see if your kid can study in English public school here. Don't simply based on what you heard from others but directly ask the board yourself.

You should also check some private English school like LCC for your kid if you can afford the tuition.

Now French school, anyway you missed the chance to put your kid in secondary 1st in September this year, there is no chance for him to go to any secondary school which need a entry exam this year. I don't know if it's an option for your son to choose welcome class or not due to his English background. You have to ask Montreal French school board to make things clear. Keep in mind, if your son under 13, he can stay one more year in six grade, either welcome class or normal class. If he is over 13, he will have to enroll a secondary school; they should also provide welcome class. No matter what, talk with school; don't put him in welcome class if possible. Normal class(even in the same grade of welcome class) for him should be much better than welcome class if he alread know little bit French plus a good English.  Good luck!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-3-28 06:52 , Processed in 0.044571 second(s), 37 queries .