租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 25368|回复: 63
打印 上一主题 下一主题

投资florida 房产

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2009-9-10 11:35 | 显示全部楼层 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
florida 房产目前已是5-6年来的地板价. 现在已有2家计划本月赴florida购房. 1举3得: 投资, 冬季度假, 退休养老. 有感兴趣的, 请留联络电话. 大家可一起去.
2#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-9-15 08:41 | 显示全部楼层

websites for you to check

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-10-6 23:13 | 显示全部楼层

just returned from florida

for the purpose of investment in florida real estate, i have spent 10 days there and got some ideas of what the market is alike and also made couple of offers. if you are also interested, i will like to help and give you advises. please send me email to:  jackyuan64@hotmail.com
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-1 18:55 | 显示全部楼层

debate on florida real estate investment

Following are my thoughts after a month study of the florida real estate market. Please join me in the debate and give your opinion       <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><o:p></o:p>
Advocate                                                                                                             <o:p></o:p>
1.       Some economic experts say: this recession hit so hard to Florida real estates, it will at least take 20 years to recover.  As an investment, you do not want to hold your property for more than 10 years; <o:p></o:p>
2.       In 2008, it is the first time in about half century in Florida, there is a negative population growth. What does it mean to you as an investor? It means it is more likely you can not find tenants for your property<o:p></o:p>
3.       Some people may say I will just lock it and Waite for price recovers. Do you know the cost of keeping a property in Florida? Property tax is about 2.7% of your property value per year, condo fee is 200 to 300 per month even some town house and single houses also need to pay condo fee; air condition electricity cost is about 200 per month. Say your house value is 100,000, you need to pay 2700 per year for tax (2700/12=225 per month) and your  total cost to keep the house will be US$625 (225+200+200) per month.  Also you need to add interest cost if you borrow money<o:p></o:p>
4.       You may ask why I have to turn air condition on if I lock my house. In Florida, you need air condition all year long for 365 days, even nobody lives there because it have all kinds of problem to  your house if it is too hot<o:p></o:p>
5.       Who will look after your house while you are not there? You may hire a management company for sure, but another cost will be added and also Florida tax has to be paid on your rental income<o:p></o:p>
6.       If you are lucky, you may find a good tenant. If you are not lucky and get a bad tenant, you may have problem in collecting your rent or even lawsuit or damage to your house and you need to pay to repair it later<o:p></o:p>
7.       You may also say that I just keep it as a vacation home escaping the winter here in Montreal.  It is lot cheaper to stay in a hotel  or a resort than keeping a house there<o:p></o:p>
8.       Why invest in Florida? It is too hot in summer and higher crime rate than other places and more than 50% of the people speak only Spanish, no English<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
Opponent:<o:p></o:p>
<o:p> </o:p>
1.       As economic al cycle, it will be recovery after 2 or 3 years of recession. Currently, recession has been about 2 years and many indicators has shown a sign of recovery<o:p></o:p>
2.       If there is a 50% recovery in real estate price in 5 years, my house will worth 150,000 at that time and my total cost will be 37,500 (625*12*5) and my profit is 12,500 (50,000-37,500); If 100% recovery in price, I will make 62,500 in 5 years<o:p></o:p>
3.       You can not see many recessions like this in your life. This a life time chance for you to invest. Investing in real estate normally will bring you good return according to past experiences.<o:p></o:p>
4.       We may organize a group of people to look after our houses ourselves by turn. So we may safe money by managing ourselves.<o:p></o:p>
5.       Florida is the only warm place close to Montreal. Many Quebecoise have already invested in Florida in the past. Now we have the best price comparing with those people investing there long time ago.<o:p></o:p>
6.       The quality of life by living in a nice community is high because there are so many beautiful communities with gyms, and pools<o:p></o:p>
7.       The qualities of the houses are good because it is all concrete structure, not wood. <o:p></o:p>
8.       I may live there 6 month in winter and here in Montreal 6 month in summer. So I may have the advantage of the owning a property in both places.<o:p></o:p>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
 楼主| 发表于 2009-11-10 20:39 | 显示全部楼层

one more point

at current price, it is easy to get 10% investment return per year if you get your house rented. and in addition you expect to have capital gain in 5 years.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-22 00:58 , Processed in 0.036672 second(s), 34 queries .