使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2004-5-18 01:51 | 只看该作者
无人答我..............?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2004-5-31 21:08 | 只看该作者
我的offer信写的是90个学分, 另外advanced standing 是9个学分, 这种情况下, 如果再交上所有专业课的课程描述, 是否可能免更多的学分呢? 如果可以的话, 我应该还可以免不少学分吧, 因为我在国内上的是会计专科, 申请的是会计本科.

另外, 信上说, 课程描述由certified translator, embassy or consulate翻译, 没说中英文加盖学校章就可以呀?

还有, 信中提到两个deadline:
1. please submit the course outlines or syllabi to the attention of the Admission Counsellor as soon as possible and no later than June 25, 2004.

2. 在下一段: requests for advanced standing for studies completed prior to admission to Concordia Univ must be submitted within the first year of admission to the JMSB.

请知情者指点, 因为我想赶在6. 25之前交上, 如果可以盖学校公章的话(这样会省点钱?), 时间就有点紧张了. 多谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2004-6-1 17:54 | 只看该作者

to icecream

i have the same problems as yours. i did not finfish my university study in china.Now i am in college(public college).Next semester will be my third smester in college,but for some reasons, i decide to apply for concordia winter semester.i do not know the courses i have taken in college are available in concordia?in another words,can i transfer the courses to concordia (i do not get the diploma of college here, but i graduated from high school in china ).thanks can you give me some advice about it ? thank you so much!  my tel:948-4525 zhao yue
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2004-6-2 10:08 | 只看该作者
我刚收到Email, 有几点不明白:

1.为什么Admission Status:  Conditional Acceptance  
2. <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Conditions: </TD><TD>Receipt of a final official copy of your academic record indicating the award of the diploma. The official transcript must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the beginning of the above-mentioned term in order to finalize your admission and to verify your eligibility to register. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
这又是什么意思,我已给过他们我的大学成绩单和证书的copy了,只是没给高中的成绩单和证书,是否还要我补呢?不补我就没法注册吗?

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Degree/Certificate: </TD><TD>Bachelor of Commerce </TD></TR><TR><TD>Concentration: </TD><TD>Major Accountancy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Minimum Program
Length:
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>90 credits </TD></TR><TR><TD>Status: </TD><TD>Full Time </TD></TR><TR><TD>Admission Status: </TD><TD>Conditional Acceptance </TD></TR><TR><TD>Session: </TD><TD>Fall Term commencing September 7, 2004 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Basis of Admission: </TD><TD>East China Univ. 1995-97 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Confirmation Date: </TD><TD>Must reply by July 15, 2004 </TD></TR><TR><TD>College: </TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>College Decision: </TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>Co-op: </TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>Co-op Decision: </TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Conditions: </TD><TD>Receipt of a final official copy of your academic record indicating the award of the diploma. The official transcript must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the beginning of the above-mentioned term in order to finalize your admission and to verify your eligibility to register. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2004-6-11 03:46 | 只看该作者
我也是 JMSB  accountancy 今年秋季的 walking29@yahoo.ca , mail me mail me !!
Post by 99
我刚收到Email, 有几点不明白:

1.为什么Admission Status: Conditional Acceptance
2. <TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top>Conditions: </TD><TD>Receipt of a final official copy of your academic record indicating the award of the diploma. The official transcript must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the beginning of the above-mentioned term in order to finalize your admission and to verify your eligibility to register. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
这又是什么意思,我已给过他们我的大学成绩单和证书的copy了,只是没给高中的成绩单和证书,是否还要我补呢?不补我就没法注册吗?

<TABLE><TBODY><TR><TD>Degree/Certificate: </TD><TD>Bachelor of Commerce </TD></TR><TR><TD>Concentration: </TD><TD>Major Accountancy </TD></TR><TR><TD>Minimum Program

Length:
</TD><TD vAlign=bottom>90 credits </TD></TR><TR><TD>Status: </TD><TD>Full Time </TD></TR><TR><TD>Admission Status: </TD><TD>Conditional Acceptance </TD></TR><TR><TD>Session: </TD><TD>Fall Term commencing September 7, 2004 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Basis of Admission: </TD><TD>East China Univ. 1995-97 </TD></TR><TR><TD>Confirmation Date: </TD><TD>Must reply by July 15, 2004 </TD></TR><TR><TD>College: </TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>College Decision: </TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>Co-op: </TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD>Co-op Decision: </TD><TD>Nil </TD></TR><TR><TD vAlign=top>Conditions: </TD><TD>Receipt of a final official copy of your academic record indicating the award of the diploma. The official transcript must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar by the beginning of the above-mentioned term in order to finalize your admission and to verify your eligibility to register. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 2006-12-22 18:32 | 只看该作者
1.Conditional Acceptance means that they did accept you and you would be able to register for the first semester, there is no hold on your registration, however, conditional acceptance normally means they want something from you and you do not provide it to them, often it is transcript issue. Without providing exact document to them, they have the right to refuse your early admission, it is why it is called conditional acceptance. Call the registar office, ask what they want exactly, send it to them as it required then this status would be gone automatically after your submitting.

2. For those who are being accepted but not yet to receive the formal admission letter, it is not a big deal. You should print out the email (for backup case) then you should phone the department secutary to arrange an appointment to academic advisor, you would need their evaluations, suggestions to choose the courses for first semester. This is mandatory.

3. For those who did study in same area in your country, normally the person with one postgraduate degree, Concordia gave you the graduation credits for 90 credits as minimum, within the 90 credits, you might be able to transfer more credits to your study program from your old universeity, however you would have to prepare the materials for academic advisor to evaluate, the materials should include course syllabus, name of the course professor, contact information, name of the textbook, better, if you can include chapter sessions and notes materials, you should be able to explain what you have learned in this course in one or two pages paper, bring it with you at academic advising session. If you did study those before and they are not too different from Concordia then you might be able to get exemption from the course, this would help you to speed up your graduation.
What after this academic advisor session? You are free to go in choosing course, you just need to watch out your open day for registration then you  play around with arranging class schedule and register the course online yourself.

Hope this helps..
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 2006-12-29 01:07 | 只看该作者

想免课的新生看一看

如果你已经拥有学历或者在国内修习过一些课程,你确实可以获得这样的Advanced Standing.但是,这一般仅限于选修课或一般教育课,以及非常基础的专业课.我以前被免了30学分,但都是一般教育课和非常基本的专业课.如果从表面上看,我只需要修60左右学分就够了,其实不是.Offer上要求我必须修完其他基础课,加上ESL甚至高达30学分(注意,这些几乎都是不算学分的).说实话,我当时也愤愤不平,甚至觉得是羞辱.经过一番抗争,免了几门专业课,但那些不算学分的课程被坚决拒绝.当时因为已经开学,匆匆忙忙换了一门3开头的课程,难受了好一阵.

如果你想学,说实话,还是老老实实地学的好.免了一些专业课,也不见得是好事,因为你一样要修满这样的学分,除非你觉得你本身很强,想挑战一些高级点的课程.正好,Concordia要求学生要选一些一般教育课,对一般中国学生免的学分就刚好.

如果是移民,我觉得没有必要太计较学校的做法,踏踏实实读个2-3年也很好.只是,新生要清楚一个区别,特别是读Science的学生:最后的学历有Honour,SpeciAlization和Major之分,要求是不同的,目的也是不同的.这在学校各个专业的网站上可以一查到相关的课程要求,大家最好非常清楚,以免浪费时间修习了不相关的课程.Honour是魁省为了进一步进修Master或Ph.D要求拥有的学历,专业课最少60学分,有论文要求,要求课程因专业而异,而且一般平均GPA在B以上;Specialization和Honour相当,是有意于在此工作领域发展的学生需要的学历,但和Honour不同的是没有特别的GPA要求;Major则是一般性的学历,有些专业协会甚至不允许只拥有Major的人进入(最少是前两种).

这边的大学是很标准的,只需要认真学习都可以拿个好分数.因为GPA对大家将来很重要(有别于国内),所以想争取免学分的学生可以考虑放弃这种想法,并没有太多好处.至于课程描述,并不是每个学生都有要求;但你想免课程,就一定要.

GoodLuck!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2007-1-1 00:22 | 只看该作者
谢谢Goodsunny的提醒,我是一月份新生,关于免学分的事情正处于困惑中,能否烦请Goodsunny给我发一个Email,我有些问题想请教一下。sailing8080@gmail.com.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-17 12:14 , Processed in 0.051932 second(s), 38 queries .