Post by xhu;2664387
Haha, I happen to hate money again.

Why? Did it say anything bad to you?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-8-25 14:00 | 显示全部楼层
Post by xiaodoudou;2665267
Why? Did it say anything bad to you?

I got a job, assistant cook in  Karaoke Bar, and they pay very little. And the boss is not such a good guy, so I did not accept the job and start to hate money again. Sure you need money a lot of time, and it seems it is never enough, and most of the time, you work for very little. I think I will still do this antique business and sell my calligraphy and books, else I don't know what to do.
金石镂空,了了蝈笼。资成新风,皓月无梦。 学圆堂主人胡文仲题 lychonantiques.org
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-8-25 14:50 | 显示全部楼层
Post by xhu;2665345
I got a job, assistant cook in Karaoke Bar, and they pay very little. And the boss is not such a good guy, so I did not accept the job and start to hate money again. Sure you need money a lot of time, and it seems it is never enough, and most of the time, you work for very little. I think I will still do this antique business and sell my calligraphy and books, else I don't know what to do.

Assistant cook, how much do you expect you can be paid per hour?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-8-25 15:51 | 显示全部楼层
Post by password11;2665418
Assistant cook, how much do you expect you can be paid per hour?

better than doing Chinese calligraphy and writing books and getting not paid. I mean, I am a scholar.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-8-26 11:20 | 显示全部楼层

survuve no matter what!

Post by xhu;2665345
I got a job, assistant cook in Karaoke Bar, and they pay very little. And the boss is not such a good guy, so I did not accept the job and start to hate money again. Sure you need money a lot of time, and it seems it is never enough, and most of the time, you work for very little. I think I will still do this antique business and sell my calligraphy and books, else I don't know what to do.

Understand. I can see as well that you write very well in English besides the fact that you are a nice gentleman.

About your antique selling, I do not know whom you sell them to. I hope you do not sell to Chinese because of many reasons. Try the musieums here and US.

About being a cook, usually they should pay about 10-20 dollars an hour. I do not know how much they pay you and what your expectation is.

Tell you a little true story: I know a 20 years old ( birth date September ) and he has been working at the best pastry shop for 5 years. He got paid 20 an hour, but he has to get up to work EVERY NIGHT at 2:30am as the chef. He sleeps in the day time living in a one and half with his girlfriend. He is an English speaking young guy. Busy as that, he still found time removing the snow from the entrance AND from MY CAR!!!!! while my 21 years old son slept most of the time when I did the job myself:rolleyes:!!!! Life is not easy! I am a hard working woman and I appreciate very much people who find their way NO MATTER WHAT!

As an immigrant, we have to start from somewhere. If the antique business does not work and can not sustain you as a independant person, then change. If being a cook is the only thing you can do, the pay is lower than your expectation, plus the boss is not nice, I suggest you to learn in a chef academy and go look for a cook's job in a bigger and nicer restaurant. Your English is good enough to do that and you will find a job with gentle and educated boss. If you need the infor of this academy, PM me.

Another thing: successful people do not wait for other people to be nice to them. They help anyway no matter their bosses are nice or not. They will be rewarded soon if they can do that. You should believe me.

Comparing working with unpleasant people and having difficulties to survive, I praise the first. I feel proud for people who survive in no matter what situation.

Hope they are helpful for you!

Have a good meditation!;)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-8-26 12:57 | 显示全部楼层
代之以贫穷,庄子思想的没有给豆豆留下什么印象。也没有说说庄子是怎么看待金钱的。

不必那么高深,有个乞丐和富翁的故事能够道得清楚。

富翁在海边度假,恰好身边有个乞丐,也在晒太阳。俩人对人生的态度迥异。富翁欣慰地说,我每天辛辛苦苦工作,就是为了得到这片刻宁静......乞丐笑了,难道你这个富翁每天忙忙碌碌,只是为了追求我天天的生活吗?

富和穷,不能等同于幸福和悲惨,快乐和忧伤。快乐与否,不由金钱多寡决定,而取决于对生活的态度。

我同意豆豆所谓自由与快乐的说法,但商品经济社会,恰恰是有钱了才能有更高的自由度。比如,周游世界,你不可能靠双腿,比如,享受高级奢侈品的自由,没有钱是根本做不到的,再比如,享受他人服务的过程中,你必须支付得起他人应有的报酬。从来没有哪个人饿得睁不开眼,却满足于自己的自由,并称之为快乐。也就是人们所说的,钱非万能,无钱万万不能。

对一般人来说,挣钱是消耗生命贡献社会的过程,花钱是享受生活的过程,前者的目标是后者。如果前者的时间大于后者,那么就是得不偿失,那种生活就很累。反之,后者,多于前者,生活才有意义。如果能把二者合二为一,倒是一种快乐之道。但很多人无法做到。如同会计的借贷平衡表,平衡的借贷关系,才不会给他人带来痛苦。另外,很多人学着挖管道,在自己休闲娱乐的时候,钱通过管道流进自己的腰包......

至于多少钱才是足够了,那得看你选择什么生活,处于什么阶层。没有数量的概念。这个世界人人平等从来都是一个美丽的肥皂泡。人们一生所追求的财富,不及某些人生来所拥有的。一条锁链拴着你的奴隶,另一头拴的就是你——拥有本身也往往丧失了部分自由。面对迥然不同的生活现实,时间和感觉是平等的,希望和智慧与财富无关。所以笑容和快乐也都是真实的。只是看你有多少时间来受用生活的美好。选择快乐的人生态度,选择更多的时间用于受用生活,摆正挣钱和花钱的目标,你才会拥有更多快乐时光。

大多数人其实是无法选择的。拼命想多挣钱,改变命运,但事实令很多人失望。乞丐的人生态度是值得学习的,在快乐的态度选择上,有点阿Q精神,还是可取的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-8-26 15:49 | 显示全部楼层
Post by xiaodoudou;2666235
Understand. I can see as well that you write very well in English besides the fact that you are a nice gentleman.

About your antique selling, I do not know whom you sell them to. I hope you do not sell to Chinese because of many reasons. Try the musieums here and US.

About being a cook, usually they should pay about 10-20 dollars an hour. I do not know how much they pay you and what your expectation is.

Tell you a little true story: I know a 20 years old ( birth date September ) and he has been working at the best pastry shop for 5 years. He got paid 20 an hour, but he has to get up to work EVERY NIGHT at 2:30am as the chef. He sleeps in the day time living in a one and half with his girlfriend. He is an English speaking young guy. Busy as that, he still found time removing the snow from the entrance AND from MY CAR!!!!! while my 21 years old son slept most of the time when I did the job myself:rolleyes:!!!! Life is not easy! I am a hard working woman and I appreciate very much people who find their way NO MATTER WHAT!

As an immigrant, we have to start from somewhere. If the antique business does not work and can not sustain you as a independant person, then change. If being a cook is the only thing you can do, the pay is lower than your expectation, plus the boss is not nice, I suggest you to learn in a chef academy and go look for a cook's job in a bigger and nicer restaurant. Your English is good enough to do that and you will find a job with gentle and educated boss. If you need the infor of this academy, PM me.

Another thing: successful people do not wait for other people to be nice to them. They help anyway no matter their bosses are nice or not. They will be rewarded soon if they can do that. You should believe me.

Comparing working with unpleasant people and having difficulties to survive, I praise the first. I feel proud for people who survive in no matter what situation.

Hope they are helpful for you!

Have a good meditation!;)

I am an engineer.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-8-26 17:24 | 显示全部楼层
Post by xhu;2666480
I am an engineer.

I see. Not easy to find engineer's job these days. You should do business yourself?! If you have some money, buy a depanneur ( most simply to manage ) if not, borrow some and start. It is better to find a partner to do it together, you will still have some free time of yours to enjoy your art practice. You do not want to try?

If you have 30k and find a friend who has 30k, each of you work 8 hours a week ( one has to work one day 16 hours, you can have one day off a week), each of you can make 12 per hour. I have a friend who is selling this business... of course, the selling price is not 60k...but we can always do something...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-8-26 17:52 | 显示全部楼层
Post by xiaodoudou;2666567
I see. Not easy to find engineer's job these days. You should do business yourself?! If you have some money, buy a depanneur ( most simply to manage ) if not, borrow some and start. It is better to find a partner to do it together, you will still have some free time of yours to enjoy your art practice. You do not want to try?

If you have 30k and find a friend who has 30k, each of you work 8 hours a week ( one has to work one day 16 hours, you can have one day off a week), each of you can make 12 per hour. I have a friend who is selling this business... of course, the selling price is not 60k...but we can always do something...

I don't have 30k, and I think doing a business with another Chinese man is very troublesome, I mean financially. I will be searching for engineering job, and stay current with  my art and poetry practice and collection.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-8-26 18:45 | 显示全部楼层
Post by xhu;2666593
I don't have 30k, and I think doing a business with another Chinese man is very troublesome, I mean financially. I will be searching for engineering job, and stay current with  my art and poetry practice and collection.

See. I think doing business with another Chinese man, financially it is not a problem, it is on the side of spirit and belief. Chinese are quite spiritually shattered, scattered, plus they are not confident in a new country.

But searching for an engineer,s job may not be a good idea. Of course I do not know your domain. Computer is ok, but not in manufacture business. Some times we have to take the pain to start a new business rather than just hanging with very bleak hope.

Hope you happy and financially well. If sweat does not disgust you, you should be fine. Support ourselves with our sweat is a wonderful thing. I always believe that if there is no sweat in the business, it is not a good one. I believe in hard working and independence!

have a nice evening!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-3-29 10:05 , Processed in 0.058504 second(s), 34 queries .