租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: CAFEPI

playing chess makes your life full of happiness

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
 楼主| 发表于 2014-5-6 21:42 | 显示全部楼层

CHESS IS MORE THAN PIECES WHEN IT COMES TO LEARNING

Two steely-eyed competitors sit down across from one and other to wage war. Not the type of war where anyone gets hurt, mind you, but a war of strategy and mental toughness.
Chess is the game and checkmate is the objective.

That's what approximately 25 students, grades K-12, did at a chess tournament at the Manlius Pebble Hill School in DeWitt Saturday. The competition was, at times, intense but good sportsmanship prevailed, win or lose.

In speaking with several of the parents it became clear to me that these kids not only excel in chess but school as well.

In doing a little research I found that there seems to be a correlation between chess and academic success, especially in math and science.

On the Johns Hopkins School of Education website, Wendi Fischer penned a piece titled Educational Value of Chess.

In it, Fischer, the Scholastic Director of America's Foundation for Chess, a non-profit organization dedicated to bringing chess into the schools, states the following:

It's not about Kings, Queens, and Rooks, but rather, quadrants and coordinates, thinking strategically and foreseeing consequences. It's about lines and angles, weighing options and making decisions. Chess might just be the perfect teaching and learning tool. Since 2000, America's Foundation for Chess (AF4C) has been working with 2nd and 3rd grade students and their teachers to promote the use of chess as an educational tool.

Research shows, there is a strong correlation between learning to play chess and academic achievement. In 2000, a landmark study found that students who received chess instruction scored significantly higher on all measures of academic achievement, including math, spatial analysis, and non-verbal reasoning ability (Smith and Cage, 2000).

I haven't played chess in many years but remember the enjoyment of a good match at the kitchen table with my brother. There's something about chess that makes your brain feel good. I think it's time to break out the old black and white checkered board and chess pieces and teach my kids how to play.

Maybe we, as parents, should insist that chess be part of the our school system curriculum instead of the common core. Learning should be fun and not something to opt out of.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]595048[/ATTACH]
learn chess .jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-5-13 21:39 | 显示全部楼层
live the way you like…

[ATTACH=CONFIG]596463[/ATTACH]
judge by yourself.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-5-17 09:11 | 显示全部楼层
[ATTACH=CONFIG]597230[/ATTACH]
chess cup 1.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-5-22 21:39 | 显示全部楼层

您的生活很精彩吗? 愉快地找到解决问题的办法是国际象棋对人们思维方式的贡献

[ATTACH=CONFIG]598407[/ATTACH]
love chess .jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-5-26 20:38 | 显示全部楼层

the young kids understand much more than your imagination about chess!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]599062[/ATTACH]
girl .jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-6-4 08:55 | 显示全部楼层

Every body deserve a while of peaceful life after hard working!

Playing chess with your friend, enjoy your time at ease!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]600625[/ATTACH]
nice lady play chess.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-6-8 16:57 | 显示全部楼层

The benefit of chess

[ATTACH=CONFIG]601567[/ATTACH]
benefit of chess.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-6-29 15:36 | 显示全部楼层

Each time when I see her, I feel very motivated without any reason!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]607073[/ATTACH]
HOU YI FAN.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-7-13 15:04 | 显示全部楼层

CHESS IS EXCELANT FOR YOUR KIDS? Ask them if they like and try, then make a de

[ATTACH=CONFIG]610245[/ATTACH]
chess class.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2014-8-31 12:31 | 显示全部楼层

Chinese has advantages of chess!

People say that there is a lot advantages for chinese to play chess: this boy only 11 years old!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]622093[/ATTACH]
image.jpg
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-3-29 09:36 , Processed in 0.047069 second(s), 36 queries .