如果你在国内

1.下岗了*************来加拿大吧,ASAP
2.有份鸡肋的工作******来这儿赌一把,值!(人生如此)
3.生活还不错(年纪也老大不小)****继续享受国内的生活吧。若非要来,我打心眼儿里敬佩你的拼搏精神。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

23#
发表于 2003-4-7 11:54 | 只看该作者
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: .
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

24#
 楼主| 发表于 2003-4-8 03:14 | 只看该作者
Hello! I will not cry if I go. I must to make sure that I will not regret.
And also I am still young, not more than 30.
How can I become brave? How can I do believe that I can win a bright future?
But my sincere friend, do not just see the topic, please left your advices here.
Best wishes to all of you!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

25#
发表于 2003-4-8 12:29 | 只看该作者
if you are still young and have a good shape, you should come and enjoy a good future. Mostly, a single woman is more adaptive to the local society than man do. I had neighbor who was a single woman. at the beginning when she just came here, she spoke a ugly english, and she even needed my help to fill out the application forms of medical card. several months later, she cohabited with a blackman. soon after, I was shocked by her tongue. She even got a job as an office secretary in a company. Now she lives in a good building and enjoys a relaxing life.

there are many ways of life, and it is up to you to choose. good luck.  :p
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

26#
发表于 2003-4-8 14:16 | 只看该作者
hello, laowu. here is some info you need.

1. First of all, I do not write the post to discourage you. Yes, you can absolutely learn a lot in Canada, but nothing from the book, especially for non-science courses. I study business course here in Mcgill. In my view, courses like basic accounting and statistics are meaningless. Just read the text book and you can learn everything by yourself. However, courses like "organizational behavior" and marketing are gold mines. You team with people from around the globe, experience their cultures/values and learn how to teamwork in an international team background. Based upon my personal experience, those courses are really exciting. So the point is: are you open enough? is your language good enough? and most important of all, r u brave enough? For example, in my marketing class, there was a presentation. Most Chinese, if they had westerners in their team, asked the westerners to speak most of the part. A certain team consisted of 2 chinese and 1 westerner. during the 15-minute presentation, the 2 chinese just stood there and did nothing--the westerner presented everything himself. I am not here trying to criticize this kinda chinese. actually i dont have the taste to write anything about them. just ask yourself one question: even if your english were not that good, would you have the guts to challenge your limit and be a brave participant? if the answer is no, and you give yourself an excuse like:"the reason why i did not do this is because my english is poor", then you might end up asking urself this simple question everyday: what am i forking doing here??? fulltime English listening practice?

So if you have a positive view of the open study style here and always embrace the challenge, if you feel the study here an interesting game--just as the westerners do--but not a burden, you should definitely come here and u will not be disappointed. Remember, active participation is the golden rule of study here.

2. taking 6 courses every semester? possible? yeah, why not. I work fulltime in a company--from 9 to 5:30--while study full time--4 evenings a week...tons of course assignments, and i still manage to watch at least 5 dvds everyday week and enjoy myself during the weekends. the trick here is simple: if you can write a 10-page english essay in one afternoon like me, or begin to read the text book one day before exam and pass it, 6 courses are still fair to you. if not, think twice. or u will become a fulltime thinker of "god, how can i pass this course...". when study becomes crushing burden, you are not learning, you r merely surviving...believe me, thats not what you want.

3. part-time work? craps...u need money? at most RMB 35/hr here for labor work. if you work one month here...why not stay an extra month in china and make more money in a more comfortable way? u wanna learn english while doing labor work? my...you end up learning cantonese...or practicing funny english with mexicans, indians...whatever...
[url=\"http://sonicwithtails.photo.163.com/\"] [/url]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

27#
发表于 2003-4-9 15:37 | 只看该作者
:rolleyes:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

28#
发表于 2003-4-9 19:29 | 只看该作者
hey, christmas111,
first of all, i have to say ur english is beautiful. ur essay, however, could be more logical while u were making a parade of ur talents. let's do a simple calculation. you work full time from 9am to 5:30pm, it is 8.5 hours on work. I suppose the hours that it takes you in the class are 2. u said u could still manage to watch at least 5dvds, i.e. you spend at least 7.5 hours on dvd. such routine costs you 18hours which still does not include the time on the heavy traffic and cooking. you get 6hours left. is it possible for u to get enough time for sleep?  unless you are resposible for watching dvd in the company.            

most students majoring in business are losing ground to mathematics.         
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

29#
发表于 2003-4-9 20:06 | 只看该作者
应该是每星期5DVD...
高手确实存在,五体投地!!!  wink    wink
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

30#
发表于 2003-4-9 20:28 | 只看该作者
ok, paonv. get home at 9:30 everyday(in fact only attended at most half of the classes...so actually more time). watch 1 dvd each night. go to sleep at 1:00am. never cooked (at least not myself). never read textbooks until the last week before exams. do some essay stuff and group meetings for one or half day in the weekend. thats all.

of course my average is only around 78, never a good student.
[url=\"http://sonicwithtails.photo.163.com/\"] [/url]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-15 00:08 , Processed in 0.045853 second(s), 38 queries .