租房买房买生意上iU91
返回列表
楼主: eshally
打印 上一主题 下一主题

请教:我去年12月到安省工作,老婆一直在安省,该在安省报还是魁省?

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
11#
发表于 2006-4-22 15:31 | 只看该作者
If you moved out from Quebec to Ontario on Nov. and settled up at On. (meaning not for a short time to work at On.), you have severed your Quebec residency and become a resident of Ontario since then.

If this is your case, in theory, Quebec has no authority to tax your income as On Dec.31 you are not Quebec resident. So you can file a Quebec return to get your money back. Meanwhile, file Ontario return and report your total income including your income earned in Quebec.

In pratice, however, you don't have to get refund directly from Quebec. Instead, when filing Ontario return, you can claim credits for the taxes deducted in Quebec (techically, enter the tax withheld on RL-1 on line 437 of federal (Ontario) return).

Good luck!
(Reference and Information only)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2006-4-22 17:25 | 只看该作者

To BL.TAX

请问你真是这样操作过吗?
我听说从加拿大去美国工作, 如果还有residential tie in Canada, 是交加拿大税, 直到你cut这个联系. 双边税率的确是按具体时间计算的.
但在加拿大境内搬家, 在哪个省报税是看你的Dec 31th residence status, 如果你同时在几个地方有residential tie, 看哪个省has most significant tie, 就用哪个省的 package. 没听说过要同时两个省报税.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 2006-5-6 19:55 | 只看该作者
Thanks Linfengyifan! Your inquiry reminds me to clarify myself (I have updated my answer).

In some cases, you might need to file two provinces returns. Like in this case, if he held Le cart de solei while in Quebec, he might need to file Quebec return to pay the Drug Insurance Premium(Schedule K) to Quebec based on the period he was covered even though he became Ontario resident on Dec. 31 and filed Ontario return.

Post by linfengyifan
请问你真是这样操作过吗?
我听说从加拿大去美国工作, 如果还有residential tie in Canada, 是交加拿大税, 直到你cut这个联系. 双边税率的确是按具体时间计算的.
但在加拿大境内搬家, 在哪个省报税是看你的Dec 31th residence status, 如果你同时在几个地方有residential tie, 看哪个省has most significant tie, 就用哪个省的 package. 没听说过要同时两个省报税.
(Reference and Information only)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-7 18:47 , Processed in 0.034422 second(s), 27 queries .