租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 1556|回复: 10
打印 上一主题 下一主题

about CPA exam

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2006-8-22 12:38 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Does someone know which two IDs are acceptable for CPA exam if I am only a Permanent Resident? By the way, I don't have driver license. <O:p</O:p

Do they allow we bring pen or paper inside the text room? If not , will they provide them for us?
Thank you <O:p></O:p>:rolleyes:
2#
发表于 2006-8-28 20:25 | 只看该作者
1,Chinese passport is ok.
2,You can bring pen (no paper) and pure water ( no color).
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2006-8-29 14:13 | 只看该作者

CPA exam

Dear above two friends,  would you please suggest me some ideas about CPA exam. My case is like: I once studied Accounting in Shadd business center and work as an accounting clerk till now, i am planning to take some courses or programm in order to be eligible to CPA exam. what should i do and how long probably it will take?.......Form your post i believe you are very experience or maybe have taken the exam. so please give me some suggestions and i really appreciate your help.  thanks a lot.....take care
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2006-8-29 20:04 | 只看该作者
If you have bachelor degree in accounting ( China), You need only take an US Taxation course to qualify the exam (Delaware).
If your Bachelor is not acounting, You should take following courses:
Financial accounting 1,2,3.
Finance 1
Auditing 1
Cost accounting 1
US taxation
You can take these courses in Mcgill or Concordia as a part time student. I think one year is ok.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2006-8-30 11:32 | 只看该作者

Thanks a lot for Newcamember's quick reply. My bachelor degree is not Accounting.

1. For the courses you mentioned, do they require any prerequisites course?
2. If I apply for Certificate or Diploma programm in Mcgill as full time, could it be   a good idea to save time? Since I plan to move to US soon and already took GMAT &TOEFL exam
3. CPA exam could be taken in US? Where is the best choice regarding the exam place because i am rather flexible.

Should you need more convenient contact, pls write me @ melanie_bai2001@yahoo.ca  thanks again
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2006-8-30 21:52 | 只看该作者
1, You can take these courses as following sequence:
term 1. FA1, F1
        2, FA2, Cost1, AU1
        3, FA3, US TAX.
2, If your current position is related to auditing, internal audit or prepare Y/E F/S. you had better keep it and only take part time courses. The experience is helpful to the exam.
3, You can go to any state to write the exam.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2006-8-31 11:04 | 只看该作者

To Newcamember

Thnaks a lot, one more question.... after passing the CPA exam, whether one or two years related working experience are needed for obtaining the license....
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2006-8-31 18:52 | 只看该作者
You need 2 years public experience supervised by CPA or CA ( Canada or Australia) to obtain license. You should submit working experience review form signed by CPA or CA. The form include main responsibilities and allocation of chargeble hours. When I filed the form, I allocate 2500 hr in auditing, 500 hr in business plan and 500 hr in US tax.

Some states also recognize experience in industry but should be senior level..
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2006-9-1 11:30 | 只看该作者

An extra question

Seeming that the working experience's requirement is hard for me because I am a payroll clerk. My educational degree restricts me to be promoted to a qulified CPA position. For sure, my supervisor can't sign the hours needed. What can I do......
CPA is a kind of passport for me to get working visa (TN) in US. Do you know anything regarding working permit in US since I have to move to US with my family. Take care
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2006-9-1 22:14 | 只看该作者
For sure, You need not CPA license to get TN. If your position in the offer is on the listing, like Accountant, Auditor or FA, you can get visa very easily.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-15 06:55 , Processed in 0.046796 second(s), 39 queries .