租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 357|回复: 1
打印 上一主题 下一主题

An interesting event you've experienced over the weekend

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2003-2-7 18:55 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Chinese New Year, also known as the Spring Festival, is the most celebrated festival in China. You may be told it is coming from what people are busy on, bringing flowers to their houses for decoration, preparing different kinds of food, killing pigs, dogs [YOU WANNA SCARE YOUR PROF TO DEATH? -- no dog killing!!!!], lambs and chickens. At the dinnertime, all the family members have to stay and eat together to celebrate the coming of the New Year. Traditionally, when the dinner is finished, some food has to be left in the dishes, assuring we will have plenty of food for the next year!
How did I spend my Chinese New Year here in Montreal? Counting with my finger, I had celebrated it without so much fun twice. However, this time, I decided to make it different. So I called my friends, invited them to my apartment, and prepared a lot of food. No wonder, all the friends I invited came and even brought their friends. Of course, they were more than welcome. If it had been another day, some of them would have had something else to do. But on this special day of Chinese New Year, they had nowhere to go, especially for those without families. [Sounds like a charity party for homeless?]
They all brought gifts with them, from red wines and beers, to flowers and pictures. Thirteen people, coming from different corners of Mainland China, were greeting and talking to each other. When the dinner finally started, we found there weren't enough chairs for everyone. So we had to stand around the big table to eat. What if anyone couldn't reach a dish at the other end of the table? It is easy! He or she only needed to say, "Rotate!" and everybody started to move. It's like the Quebec dancing. It was so funny. Everyone picked up the most delicious food to start with. So the food that was not so attractive was left for the next year. After the dinner, we were singing, chatting, making some jokes, and waiting until the midnight, the New Year was coming.
It was such a wonderful day!
Written by Vegetable Bean.
2#
发表于 2003-2-7 21:38 | 只看该作者
Thanks Leafy!! Thanks you for giving me and my friends a delicious dinner as well as a first happy Chinese New Year Night in Montreal.

Hope to have a next New Year with you!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-12 05:37 , Processed in 0.040049 second(s), 38 queries .