租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: BMB
打印 上一主题 下一主题

MY DAYS ON WATERS (4)

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
11#
发表于 2001-6-11 05:15 | 只看该作者
Hi,BMB,
I have the feelings of Portugal as yours, although Porto is the only city I have been in Portugal.
Actually I just spent 2 days in Porto and found no time to Lisbon. I really regretted for that. Though I have been to many places in the world, like Europe, East Africa and Southeast Asia,I love the city from the first sight on the plane. It was dawn. The quiet, beautiful city set by the seaside, with the soft setting sunshine sprinkling on the red roofs.The silhouette of the castle and old bridge all leaves unforgetable memory to my hearts. It's strange that the city is so familiar to me, like a long lost friend.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2001-6-11 14:25 | 只看该作者
ha ha bmb,

you are cute.    anyway, life on the water is not something i can imagine, continue to write about it and let us know. it is interesting to see the world from someone else's eyes.... let alone a very philosophic mind of yours, which can sometimes give a pleasant twist to the flavor of life.    don't wag your tail  :p   :p      

btw, it WAS a biiiiiig boat.... at least for me....and for the river...... never travel by sea, so you tell me. but at least, i am positive this time.  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

13#
 楼主| 发表于 2001-6-11 22:26 | 只看该作者
I am glad that somehow, I brought a long lost friend to you Christine    You know they are always there, pretty, charming, pleasant, to me, they will never change...I miss them often.  :cool: We never dock in Porto, but Lisbon, Ponta Delgada and island of Medera, the gifts from heaven I named them.  

Oh, don't you worry Mikie, I am a very simple person   Did you find any sophisticated thoughts in my stuff?  :rolleyes:   ;)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 2001-6-11 22:41 | 只看该作者
not the one here, but in the other posts. don't you know, simplifing life itself is already philosophical enough        
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

15#
 楼主| 发表于 2001-6-11 23:16 | 只看该作者
Yeah yeah I know you meant my other posts   I also agree with you that to simplify life is already philosophical, but if eventually one day, you find out who you are and what you want, you must have been thru some philosophical paths already.  If it does you good, then why not profit it?  

I won't put those heavy thoughts in the articles, I have done my thinkings, I don't think too much now, good for me hey?  ;)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

16#
发表于 2001-6-11 23:36 | 只看该作者
can you tell me how long it takes to go through this path?  i haven't figure it out yet.  :confused:   :confused:   :confused: . yeah.....don't tell me three years on the water.......          i know my turn will come. just don't know when. but i am getting ready... at least trying to... that is...     
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

17#
 楼主| 发表于 2001-6-13 22:53 | 只看该作者
Three years on waters plus the three years before that in a place which is a combination of army and 'fascistic concentration camp' called Swiss Hotel Management School.  
(hope my ex-dean won't sue me!)  :p
I am very proud to be one of the small amount of survivers from there.

Judge from your posts, your turn is coming soon, or maybe, you have a higher level of expectation ?  ;)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

18#
发表于 2001-6-13 23:43 | 只看该作者
three years on the water......i told you don't tell me that...  :mad:   :p  i didn't expect you to go through "boot camp", how did you survive that  :confused: , and it didn't crew up your imaginative mind.....boy, you are STRONG   .  i almost went to work with a hotel when i was in high school, actually twice in my life, i almost ended up in the hospitality industry.  i still think today, if i did that, i would have done pretty good.  now when i walk into a hotel, that thought alway flashes through my mind, but i don't know if i would do it for life.... now i will never have the chance to know...   

i am curious, how do you know my turn is coming? judging from what? maybe you can point out a path for me, i am still as confused as what i was before.... show me the "money"   .  i've had two people played very important role in my life....funny enough, they are not the people closest to me... but somehow what they said changed my life....maybe i meet another one here....    just kidding, but seriously, tell me.... since you don't know me....  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

19#
 楼主| 发表于 2001-6-14 23:24 | 只看该作者
You are smart, you have a fair and open mind.  That's what I learnt from your posts.  So I think, 'I think'    you are getting closer to the voice inside yourself.  As you knew, I am not a fortune teller or a philosopher who is able to point out paths to other people    :p You gonna find it out yourself   ;)
PEACEFULNESS in both mind and heart is all that I am after. For you it could be something else, what do you really want Mikie?   :rolleyes:   

Talking about hotels, it kills if I work for more than two or three years in the same one, but one thing can make me stay, coz I really like to communicate with people, to smile and serve, to make them happy so as to make me happy.  I found myself really suitable for being in the hospitality industry.  I can deal with all sorts of guys, nasty, rude, violent, drunk...of course the nice, polite,gentle ones as well.  Come to me, I'll show you the MONEY!  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

20#
发表于 2001-6-16 01:19 | 只看该作者
hi bmb,
is there a voice inside me? i can hear it..   , but you are right, i am seeking this voice in me now, too bad, i just can't get settle down and be peaceful inside.   :p    :p . i am planning to doing something this summer.... and hope it will get me what i want.   

you ask me what i want to be if i could.... is monkey one of the choices???   :confused:    :p just kidding, but i don't quiet know what you are referring to....in terms of career? personality? sex? physical merits? or choice of parents.....    you got to be careful for what you wish for also....

so what are you doing now in montreal? do you still want to do your old job? or i guess you need a recharge....and try something new? like writing memoir on your days on the water.. hey, what happend to your new episodes? did the ship sink? then why did you stop....don't tell me you were the screen writer for cast away....   
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-28 03:09 , Processed in 0.048476 second(s), 38 queries .