返回列表
楼主: helper2003
打印 上一主题 下一主题

提防假律师!

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
11#
发表于 2003-5-2 12:09 | 只看该作者
Here the first question is answer to Rose3000:

Please do understand my point: There are some good lawyers, but it's very difficult to discover. Suppose justice is the first thing for all the lawyers to measure each cases as crown prosecutors they did in oder to protect the public; since the system make lawyers service became to commercial, so then a lot of lawyers put their first point is how to make money from these cases--because that's the only way for them to survive their living expenses.

Most people include myself hate lawyers since a lot of lawyers provided their services unprofessionally. many cases, lawyers even made simple case became very complicate just because they would charge much more from their clients even able to get something through under table from any parties only for them own good; and they completely forgoten what is their professional and what is their duties.

But in this society, we have to use lawyers since this is the system here especially when anything involved with incoporate company since incoproate company is a legal person even you fully own this company, you have to hire a lawyer to represent at superior court.

Actually, we all willing to pay fair price even little higher to lawyers if they provide their services professionally; unfortunately in many timses, some of lawyers acted totally unprofessionally, but we couldmn't do anything about since they knew all kind trickes but we don't.

That's the reason why in our society, people all heard that LAWYER IS LIE-ER. In fact, if these lawers realized the reson why people called them at behind in this way; and they do adjust themselves for the services they provide to the public, people will more happy willing to let lawyers to holdle their cases since they are the legal professionals and they suppose know what they do could protect their clients legal rights and in order to get justice done.

Second question answer to SHOUQI BAO:

Please check out from:
http://www.sinoquebec.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=3;t=005242
By then you will know.

Good luck.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2003-5-4 23:04 | 只看该作者
Me Yu is extremely busy and every second is precious for him. I have had the chance to consult him for a small matter and I stayed in his office for about two hours. (Of course, I paid the consultation fee.) I noticed that among these two hours, Me Yu got at least 5 calls. Each of the call lasted approximatively 5 minutes.  It means that in average, he has to sacrifice 1/4 of his day answering calls. Plus, he answered each call patiently by explaning every detail concerning the problems. Personally, I think that it is very generous of him to be willing to take these calls and to answer them.

Furthermore, my friends, DO keep in mind that we are not in a communist society anymore. Nothing is free here. People have to earn money all by themselves. Me Yu is not an employee of the canadian governement. His office is NOT "the Chinese community's consulting center". And believe me, if you ask anyone in this country about lawyer fees, they'd tell you that not only it costs, it also is the double of what Me Yu was asking for the two girls' case.      

People who think that lawyers shouldn't charge for consultation should understand that in a CAPITALIST society, everyone works for himself. Time is measured by money. If you are taking someone's time, you would have to pay for it.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 2003-5-5 05:59 | 只看该作者
I believed most people we are willing to pay legal consultation fees if we are receive professional services. Yes, Here is Canada, nothing is free include justice--NO MONEY, NO JUSTICE, even in China.

People hate lawyers have reasons since the system made lawyer job became commercial, then some lawyers who couldn't have enough jobs, or some lawyers never care and respect their professional services--they acted very unprofessionally that made their client's cases even worse.

The better solution is if the system could let lawyers work as same as crown prosecutors paid by government, I believe people would get better justice than today.

There are some good lawyers:

1. Lawyers who are very respect their professional services, their very experienced, they already built up their credit--these lawyers in many cases they provide a free consultation; if they believe you have a very good case, they might also agreed to work under percenttage basis.

2. lawyers who are graduated from law school no long, not very experienced, but they are working very hard for their professional jobs, they try very hardly to let their clients to get justice done through by their professional services; they try to build up their name and credit. Most the time, they provide free consultation.

There are some good lawyers, but very hard to find. From my experiences, Me Vincent Basile is a very good lawyer who are working for CHINESE FAMILY SERVICES GREAT OF MONTREAL; Me Yanick Charbonneau (private lawyer) who has a Chinese culture background--his legal service fee is $200.00 per hour.

Very important is before you give your mandate to your lawyer, sign a fees agreement to make sure you are well protected your rights.

Good luck.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-6 23:59 , Processed in 0.038854 second(s), 31 queries .