楼主: buyusedcar
打印 上一主题 下一主题

开个讨论旧车园地:买卖保养等

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
51#
发表于 2002-7-18 19:37 | 只看该作者
Rust Proofing
There are two seperate issues here:
1) preventive rust proof - If you buy your car brandnew (not leasing)and only if you want to drive it for more than 6 years, then you should have it treated every year for the 1st 2 years. And then do it every other year. It is not necessary to treat every year after 2nd year because the rust proof coating usually stays around 2 winters.

You can NOT do it yourself because you dont have the equipment (go see how rust proof is treated at a garage and you will know what I mean).

2) Surface rust - in general, the earlier you treat the rust, the better it is to stop it from spreading. If there are not many rust spots, then you can buy a fine sandpaper from Canadian Tire and remove it. Then apply touch-up paint (you can get it from the car dealer, cost around $8/bottle). The color code is usualy on the door beam on the driver side.

If the rust is really big, then you need to bring your car to the garage. I know a bodyshop in Montreal North and their price is really descent. Tel; 327-6662 ask for Dave or Sam. address: 10140, hotel de ville, Montreal North (take Pie IV north).

For faster reply, please contact rcai@sympatico.ca and I will share my knowledge with you.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

52#
发表于 2002-7-18 19:42 | 只看该作者
More about rust proof
If the car you have is an old car and you want to keep it for a few years, then you should have it rust proofed every year before the winter (if rust proof was not done by the previous owner). The road salt and sand do a great damaging job to your car. Some rust is hidden - gone into the body of the metal. But if the previous owner did rust proof (check the receipts and car by a garage), you should still do it for the 1st 2 years and then do it every other year on the safe side.
Hope it helps
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

53#
发表于 2002-7-18 19:53 | 只看该作者
Guys,
Why dont we meet on Sunday morning for a chat on cars? We can get to know each other and discuss more at greater length?
I suggest to meet in a park, any suggestions?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

54#
发表于 2002-7-18 22:39 | 只看该作者
Folks 的提议很好。支持。这样可以从大家那里得到第一手的经验。
希望能有更多的响应。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

55#
发表于 2002-7-19 20:05 | 只看该作者
Hi! Folks. You are a real rust expert. Salut.Most people neglect rust proof and a lot of car become gabage just becouse of rust. There is cars with door rust down and fall down. There is cars with beams rusted so much that the moter fall down in winter. There is cars have rusted a hole and cannot drive in winter (can not keep warm and get froast in the window and can not see clear). Every kind of trouble caused by rust in first place. The most importent thing is: if the previous owner not rust proof the car, the new owner at least get one rust proof before first winter.Am i right.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

56#
发表于 2002-7-19 20:46 | 只看该作者
朋友有一辆acura  integra 94年  16万公里 2门 自动档 电窗 合金铃 彩色动画CD(Integta 这款车94-2001是一模一样的)  想卖,该卖多少钱合适!麻烦各位大侠帮忙!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

57#
发表于 2002-7-19 22:03 | 只看该作者
Fangjing,
You have some excllent points too here - together, we make a good team: to share our knowledge and experiences with our friends so that they don't have to spend unnecessary dollars on silly things.
Since I have not heard from you guys for the meeting this Sunday morning, I have made other plans. Anyway, I will continue to support your guys hunting for a reliable car.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

58#
发表于 2002-7-19 22:12 | 只看该作者
Thanks a lot, Folks and Zelda,

I live in West Island and I almost only drive my car in weekend. So I think it's abnormal high gas cosumption.

I just changed the oil, change the spark plugs, the gas filter four months ago. So next I will change the air filter.

Thank you again.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

59#
发表于 2002-7-19 22:12 | 只看该作者
在报上看如下广告::
98 Oldsmobile  Intrigue GL,auto, V6, air, 4 dr,well equip, alloy rims,
EC,56K MILE,US $6700
去看车,外观可,试开感觉也不错,不象出过什么事故。想问车主要车号回去查TITLE,他支支吾吾,很不请愿。问他卖车原因,他说刚从INSURANCE处花10000USD买了辆2002年
的CAMRY。估计这辆Oldsmobile也是一个来路。他廉价买来再转手倒卖。请教各位行家里手,此车能不能买?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

60#
发表于 2002-7-19 22:21 | 只看该作者
Hong,
When you drive, make sure that you turn on "overdrive" function (automatic transmission only)- actually it should always stay on unless you are going up on a steep hill. Also make sure that you shift the gear into the highest, ie. do not use gear 2 or 1.
Before you change the air filter, check it first to see if it is dirty. If clean, then don't change it. You will have to bring the car to a garage
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-5 17:49 , Processed in 0.055256 second(s), 40 queries .