租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 1215|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

SelectCare 实在太差

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-4-10 00:03 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
my parents visited me last year, bought VisitLink (another name SelectCare) visitor insurance. we submitted the application form on June 6, received insurance card on June 12. But on July 17, SelectCare sent a fax (via a agent) to me said that my parents pre-exsiting sickness wouldn't be covered. Unfortunately, the next day (July 18) my father's legs were found a problem, sent to hospital. Since my father's legs needed a long time treatment after accepting operation, SelectCare offered my father repatriation. They did not pay anything yet, just a letter offer. Hospital sent the bills to SelectCare later, but they never paid. Until last month, I learned that SelectCare refused to pay. The reason was my father should claim any issue after July 19 - 48 hours after July 17. They said it was a "effective date" issue.
They definitelly try to evade the duties.
I heard there was an iterm of a Law said that any offer (offer my father repatriation) should based on the fact - the second part is eligible for that (eligible for the coverage).
Who knows which law has the related iterm?
Thanks a lot!
2#
发表于 2004-4-11 06:46 | 只看该作者
Go to Mc Gill Legal Information Clinic (514 398 6792), they able to help you to find a law code matched with your case.

You may also could find a complaint:
Federal Consumer Protection
http://strategis.ic.gc.ca/epic/internet/inoca-bc.nsf/en/ca00365e.html

USEFUL TELEPHONE NUMBER FOR QUEBEC-CHINESE
http://69.59.142.36/bbs/showthread.php?t=15298

Good luck!
Post by FY668
my parents visited me last year, bought VisitLink (another name SelectCare) visitor insurance. we submitted the application form on June 6, received insurance card on June 12. But on July 17, SelectCare sent a fax (via a agent) to me said that my parents pre-exsiting sickness wouldn't be covered. Unfortunately, the next day (July 18) my father's legs were found a problem, sent to hospital. Since my father's legs needed a long time treatment after accepting operation, SelectCare offered my father repatriation. They did not pay anything yet, just a letter offer. Hospital sent the bills to SelectCare later, but they never paid. Until last month, I learned that SelectCare refused to pay. The reason was my father should claim any issue after July 19 - 48 hours after July 17. They said it was a "effective date" issue.
They definitelly try to evade the duties.
I heard there was an iterm of a Law said that any offer (offer my father repatriation) should based on the fact - the second part is eligible for that (eligible for the coverage).
Who knows which law has the related iterm?
Thanks a lot!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-4-11 21:49 | 只看该作者

非常感谢Peter Pan

I'll try the number of McGill Infornation Clinic.
Thanks a lot!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-17 13:41 , Processed in 0.037918 second(s), 32 queries .