租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 1040|回复: 5
打印 上一主题 下一主题

谈一谈我的 MAIL-IN REBATE 的经验

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2006-4-3 21:40 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
This is what has happened to me during the last 6 months, while I have finally struggled to get my rebate cheque....

My initial purchase was an external hard disk, see the link ,
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10063479&catid=

to be honest, I was overwhelmed to find out it was on sale at $120 instant discount PLUS $70 mail-in rebate, bringing the final price to $59 for a 160GB external hard disk, well, it was on a friday morning late August 2005. Without hesitation, I placed my order online at once, and received the order as usual within 3 business days. At early September, after using the product for a week or so, I decided to submit the form for my first ever mail in rebate process. Being very unfamiliar with this whole thing, I sent the origianl receipt and the barcode taken off from the outside of the package along with the copmpleted rebate form ( which I believed was the CORRECT stuff at the time), and waited for this so called 8 week process.

It would have been the end of the story should I had received the cheque by the designated date. In fact, I contacted them before last Christmas inquiring on the status of the rebate since it was long overdue( 12 weeks by that time). I was only so appalled to know that they were not aware of my application, meaning they don't have nothing kept on file regarding my rebate....

I wrote an angry email at once to express my deepest disappointment for their poor service and so on, I felt deceived because I took it was only a hoax and the rebate itself was merely a joke. Moreover, I thoroughly enjoyed the product and kind of accept the truth that there is never gonna be any rebate at all..

Things made a surprising turn not long after my complaint email was out, it has drawn their attention as they admitted that they received my letter but the documents enclosed was wrong, instead of the Barcode from the the packaging box( the big box containing the delivery item), they are expecting the barcode from the prodocut package box ( the actual package of the product itself), I had made a vital mistake by submitting the wrong barcode.... what even worse was that I had already thrown the package away after unpacking the hardware...

I had to write again to explain the thing, ( my trick was to address to one single agent and always stick to the same one) , so my lucky one named OSWALDO was to receive a sequent of letters ranging from explaining the situation to expecting an exceptional consideration etc. I rememberd after 3 exchanges of emails has eventually reached a compromise, Oswaldo, in his third reply, suggested a photo shot on the bottom of the hard drive where the s/n of the product could be identified, I did as I was told and kept my fingers crossed for the final verdict.

It was a long period of waiting after I submitted the photo before the Christmas. What else should I do other than waiting passively? I kept asking myself at the time and wanted to take the initiative from my side. Finally, I came up with a briliant idea, which was to send another letter of appreciation to the supervisor of Oswaldo or any higher up management position etc.

In this well-structured letter, I highly complimented the professionalism of Oswaldo and commented in favour of their customer service in general. Guess what? A reply was almost instant, in which a team leader of the Oswaldo's group wrote that they KNEW Oswaldo is an excellent staff and they have always been proud of him bla bla bla... More amzingly, I receievd a phone call from Oswaldo himself the next day, in which he thanked me for my kind compliments on his service, and imformed me that they have made an exceptional decision to reimburse me with the rebate of $70 even though my application being imcomplete...

what else can I say? I am so impressed by this outcome, $70 rebate is hardly won by my persistent effort. The lessons drawn from my experience is:

Prepare the documents seriously and send in the Correct stuff, Effective communication is another key point, and last but not the least, always have good faith in other people... anything is not impossible if you really try hard...

2#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-4-3 22:46 | 只看该作者
I felt deceived because I took it was only a hoax and the rebate itself was merely a joke. Moreover, I thoroughly enjoyed the product and kind of accept the truth that there is never gonna be any rebate at all..

Things made a surprising turn not long after my complaint email was out, it has drawn their attention as they admitted that they received my letter but the documents enclosed was wrong, instead of the Barcode from the the packaging box( the big box containing the delivery item), they are expecting the barcode from the prodocut package box ( the actual package of the product itself), I had made a vital mistake by submitting the wrong barcode.... what even worse was that I had already thrown the package away after unpacking the hardware...

I had to write again to explain the thing, ( my trick was to address to one single agent and always stick to the same one) , so my lucky one  named OSWALDO was to receive a sequent of letters ranging from explaining the situation to expecting an exceptional consideration etc. I rememberd after 3 exchanges of emails has eventually reached a compromise, Oswaldo, in his third reply, suggested a photo shot on the bottom of the hard drive where the s/n of the product could be identified, I did as I was told and kept my fingers crossed for the final verdict.

( TO BE CONTINUED..)

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2006-4-3 23:23 | 只看该作者

you must send using register letter.

Last year, I bought a brother printer, post the rebate form using normal letter, after two months, they said not receiving my letter, same as your case.

This year, I bought another printer, and post the rebate form using register letter, and 8 weeks later, I received the return money 50$.

I don't know if you have the copy of your rebate form!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-4-4 18:05 | 只看该作者

final part of my experience of claiming the rebate

It was a long period of waiting after I submitted the photo before the Christmas. What else should I do other than waiting passively? I kept asking myself at the time and wanted to take the initiative from my side. Finally, I came up with a briliant idea, which was to send another letter of appreciation to the supervisor of Oswaldo or any higher up management position etc.

In this well-structured letter, I highly complimented the professionalism of Oswaldo and commented in favour of their customer service in general. Guess what? A reply was almost instant, in which a team leader of the Oswaldo's group wrote that they KNEW Oswaldo is an excellent staff and they have always been proud of him bla bla bla... More amzingly, I receievd a phone call from Oswaldo himself the next day, in which he thanked me for my kind compliments on his service, and imformed me that they have made an exceptional decision to reimburse me with the rebate of $70 even though my application being imcomplete...

what else can I say? I am so impressed by this outcome, $70 rebate is hardly won by my persistent effort. The lessons drawn from my experience is:

Prepare the documents seriously and send in the Correct stuff, Communication is very important, and last but not the least, always have good faith in other people... anything is not impossible if you really try hard...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2006-4-13 00:18 | 只看该作者
买过一个摄像头,一个月后收到的rebate
寄的信封里面,注意要有商店收据,还有从盒子上面剪下来的条码
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2006-4-15 23:15 | 只看该作者

今年boxing day future shop 250G 的硬盘的rebate有收到的吗?

请问今年boxing day future shop 250G 的硬盘的rebate有收到的吗?多谢
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-10-18 16:25 , Processed in 0.068469 second(s), 34 queries .