发表于 2002-11-2 20:07 | 显示全部楼层
回Jackie,
Costco 最便宜
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

82#
发表于 2002-11-2 20:42 | 显示全部楼层
Hi Folks

Isn't "Coolant" a sort of water? But I tested the green fluid on the ground, it's oil.  :confused:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

83#
发表于 2002-11-3 22:47 | 显示全部楼层
Coty,

If you are sure it is not coolant, I suggest you bring your car to a garage for ispection. You can go to Nelson's garage on Decarie - they have quite good repuation too and approved by APA. Check the phone number from Canada 411 or Bell telephone book.

DO NOT GO TO Canadian Tire
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

84#
发表于 2002-11-3 23:01 | 显示全部楼层
Sj
1) muffler -- 你可以去 Midas 联锁或Mr.Muffler - 这些联锁车行都有很好的保用期. 你可以先打电话问问.
Midas : 636-7022 7695 Newman Blvd. in Lasalle/ 481-0404  6100 St.James Street West in NDG

Mr.Muffler 的电话号码可以在黄页本上找到.

2)发动机声音 -- 有可能Spark Plug的位置需要调整.但先要确疹它的来原. 象此类问题无法纸上谈兵,要现场查才有可能确疹
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

85#
发表于 2002-11-3 23:45 | 显示全部楼层
Hi, folks,

I have a question for you. Why NOT go to Canadian tire?
    1. I do not think Canadian tire has cheaper price for the parts and labour. I just bought a used car recently. And I did maintenance in Honda dealer, and they give me a price about what part I have to repair. I tried to find a cheaper price,and I went to Canadian tire. However, the price they gave me is actually close to what dealer garage did. And I do find very cheap price at other small garage ( almost half of the price which Canadian tire gave) So, i think it is not so cheap in Canadian tire.
    2. I changed winter tires at Canadian tire 9 close to Angrignon) two days ago.  I feel their service is acceptable.

Canadian tire is a big chain-store in Canada. And they have good costomer service as i know. If there is any problem, there is a place to complaint.

Therefore, could you please tell me why we should not choose it? Do you have any bad experiences in Canadian tire?  If yes, could you tell me where it is so we can avoid it.  Thanks a lot.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

86#
发表于 2002-11-4 00:28 | 显示全部楼层
Well, I went to CND Tire this afternoon, the guy there told me he can not do anything for my car because they are to busy.
I said my car is leaking all the time, I almost begged for him to have a little check with my car. The guy ask me to pay $50 for the check!
Am I so stupid to pay 50 bucks for nothing?! That's CND tire, and I hate them from the very beginning. They sell really crappy stuff, and they always ask reasons for refund the goods.
And, I was refused three times for application of the CND tire credit card! For God's sake, I don't need that!
It's the man in the store stopped me to ask me fill out the application.
Canadian Tire ****s!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

87#
发表于 2002-11-4 12:53 | 显示全部楼层
Hi, coty,

You misunderstood what I am asking. For the experience about what you had with Canadian tire, you could see it everywhere in Montreal (or I should say in Canada). You have to wait everywhere in bank, in government office, and in hosptial, etc. I have many experiences, andI usually wait 15 to 30 mins at least even I do have appointment. NOT just in Canadiantire, which I have to 1 and half hour for them to changing winter tires. That is why I said their service are acceptable.  And I knew they do "first come. first serve". It is hard to expect them to do it right away.  See What happened in Emergency room reported? they do not care the dying people in emergency room, what do you expect about the "little urgent" ?

Secondly, The same thing happens in many stores when asking for refund. The stores ask for reason of refund in futureshop, in zellers, and NOT just in Canadian tire according to my experiences. They did refund you whatever the reason, did they?

Thirdly, I do not know what you think about the credit card policy in Canada? I feel it is really bad. If you check the other topic in other forums, you may see many topics about why she/he was refused for the application of credit card even he/she is immigrant.  why? The most important point is if you have a job or not, and it works for all the credit card company NOT just in Canadian tire. Why only point to Canadian tire?

By the way, all the garage have the labour fee. In Canadian tire, it is $55/ hour. You do have to pay certain amount for inspection without any repairs, do you ?

My question to Folks is:

Why not choose Canadian tire?  Did they really have bad technician who could not repair car or cause a lot of trouble after?  

Thanks a lot.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

88#
发表于 2002-11-4 13:13 | 显示全部楼层
coty,
Coolant leaking could be checked visually,
why not go to a Chinese garage to fix it, which
may only charge you $50 to fix. This is a minor
problem, no much knowledge need to do so.

On the other side, $50 for checking or insepection
is normall. Most of garages are not 雷锋,unless
they are on discount. There is nothing we can
do.

Don
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

89#
发表于 2002-11-4 13:19 | 显示全部楼层
sj,

If it always sound like 'dadada...', you have
problem on the valve lifter which make noise
like that itself or make valves noise like that.

You can live with it until it fails. Fix it is prety expensive (parts and lable).

To make it live longer, make sure you give it
good engine oil and fresh engine oil.

Don
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

90#
发表于 2002-11-4 13:26 | 显示全部楼层
Jiang5,

I totally agree you abour CT policy, which is what
we cannot do. And this is true for every big store
or store chain.

I think CT may have the worst technician as most
of garages do. Find a good garage is really challenge.

Don
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-6-7 20:04 , Processed in 0.052228 second(s), 39 queries .