查看: 636|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

The rent increase rate for 2003

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2003-3-9 22:07 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
RENT INCREASE 1 a6 n6 N# V# B% [9 _6 Z5 e7 k
Can a tenant refuse the rent increase asked by the landlord ? 1 Q9 a$ b" F  P2 ^9 H" o7 K
A tenant can refuse the rent increase by giving a written answer to the landlord in the month following the rent increase that he received from him.
$ f) M8 d2 N* a# K  Q8 x8 B. A0 C

/ q: D/ W9 a) |. y  OIf a tenant refuses the rent increase asked by the landlord, can he force the tenant to move ? . ~. x. e% S1 K

) K  b8 j. |5 J2 Z0 T# _No. If the tenant refuses the rent increase, the landlord will have to go at the R間ie du logement to file an Application to modify the lease. It is a different case if the building was built or transformed for a period of less than five years.
" P8 t/ c$ W0 Q3 C/ Q, S
, U% D; E& b- R7 x" S: S! I/ \If you need more information :
1 T6 B) C( D0 V/ w5 k- |Rent Payment
  k3 P( b& l/ d2 }6 X7 h) Y  X" l3 M3 t. `  u

: `; u" S5 T0 |  v4 LWhat is the rate increase determined by the R間ie du logement this year ?
! y$ ?4 N4 U4 ?There is no fixed rate increase applied by the R間ie du logement. Each case is treated specifically. The R間ie takes into account, in calculating the rent variation, the income of the building and the municipal and school taxes, the insurance bills, the energy costs, maintenance and service costs. Also it sees to apply a return on capital expenditures, if there were such expenditures, and indexes the net income of the building.
' J9 G# ]* ]0 X1 w7 ~+ t' m: H# f' R- _4 v, q. h5 l
However the R間ie du logement is able to estimate averages. So for the rents to be fixed for the period starting after April 1st 2003 but before April 2, 2004, it can be expected, if the method to fix the rent of the R間ie is applied, that the rent variation will be of : , m2 N; m" E& ^0 A' z7 |' _
' g7 C& L2 v* K9 Q
1.4 % for electricity heated dwellings;
/ {" }7 ]# @* |3 Y5 R0.7 % for gas heated dwellings;  _2 S& q7 U& M% X4 l- g4 q7 G. H
0.2 % for oil heated dwellings;
- `. k5 ~* ]) ?. d1.6 % for non heated dwellings.
/ r  I8 Q) d( u! p0 L
1 a% }* W. F0 s7 ~These average rent variations are valid if there is a freeze on municipal and school taxes for the building and also if there were no capital expenditures done in the building.   k; p: H. g, M& j3 k+ a% c
1 r3 p; y2 N* v; }5 {5 J" b( N
In order to calculate precisely the rent variation for a dwelling, the following document must be used :
! C% N& ?  C/ O$ QCalculation 2003 - How to agree on a rent adjustment.
; u$ G3 o4 g' z) ~% I! t% K3 O
+ Z, `2 Y3 u5 i9 K' r9 @
; z' E- g% y0 Q [ - ] Character size [ + ]
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-21 15:51 , Processed in 0.036404 second(s), 31 queries .