查看: 390|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

父母移民-不容乐观

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-4-23 12:05 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式

- r2 Q5 R. d* G" Z/ |  b/ O& h/ a: {& z& V7 O
I read in the Chinese newspaper that the processing time of parental sponsorship will be reduced to 1 year after the new announcement by Immigration Canada. I am not sure where this information comes from, but I am sure it is not true.
' k9 |: y' s' E, O1 k  @% f
5 @6 Y( d' g3 m: r, DIn the official website of Immigration Canada, it is mentioned that the quota will be increased from 6,000 to 18,000, but the processing time and backlog cases were not even mentioned. ( By the way, the quota for the year 2002 was 16,000. So the government is only correcting their mistake by bringing back the quota to that of 2-3 years ago. )
& m, R# |, m1 `9 D* C) l) b9 ]) h% K3 g& K" V
The Globe and Mail mentioned the backlog cases in this way: "The department will spend an additional $36-million over the next two years to deal with 110,000 cases in the backlog..." -- It's a vague statement and doesn't tell us anything about when these cases will be finished. With the huge number of backlog cases, it is not known whether the newly increased quota would really shorten the processing time in the near future.6 I2 e7 S& H: m3 X
. A0 P$ C9 ~# e0 z4 y
The announcement might be a political game in the time of election, and those who are applying to sponsor their parents should not be too optimistic about it.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-9-20 22:37 , Processed in 0.035559 second(s), 30 queries .