租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: wang8
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Concordia, the worst university in canada

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
31#
发表于 2002-11-7 10:07 | 只看该作者
算了,别争了。前面的同志说的队,能长些本事就好。读书是为了自己的未来的。 加拿大没有合理的排名,米锅的大学是按照专业排名的。就像卡内基梅隆是一个很差的学校,但是如果学计算机在米锅里排前几个。 concordia说EE program是加拿大前5,可惜也没有看到排名在哪里。不过好像中国人多的学校计算机方面还是可以的,虽然总体水平比较低 像york,carlton和concordia. 大家就不要嘲笑或者自卑了。学校有名有一点优势,但是更重要的是你自己。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2002-11-7 10:40 | 只看该作者
Hello all,
I'd like to apply university, (McGill or Concordia). there are some unclear points.
1.the GRE is not initial for graduate course, right?
2.and bachalor degree is initial for that, right? I have only diploma of 3 years w/5 years expericence, can I apply it directly?
3. it seems job market is poor even w/high degree. so shall  I apply for part time course?

my email:   peter_wan@hasbro.com
thanks!

Best regards

Peter Wan
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2002-11-7 12:19 | 只看该作者
Updated News:
CGA exam in June,2002, Several McGill graduates are among the top candidates of Quebec(or Canada).

Concordia are out of the best Non-US B-school in Business Week in 2002.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2002-11-7 12:35 | 只看该作者
Updated News:
(1)Seven McGill graduates were among the Top candidates in CGA exams in June,2002
Only one Concordia graduate was among the Top range
For more details, check with:
https://www.cga-quebec.org/anglais/index.asp

(2)November 23, 2001 CA Program - UFE results: McGill's pass rate this year is 87% compared to the national rate of 73%.  

(3)Quebec winners in National International Trade and Business Schoolarship:
One fm McGill, One fm HEC, One fm Carlton(she is Quebec resident)...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2002-11-7 12:41 | 只看该作者
However, Concordia is one of the top best Canadian B-schools, which are nominated by Wallstreet Journal in 2002

In fact, MBA in Concordia is not bad
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2002-11-7 16:51 | 只看该作者
问问本地人就知道其质量啦。不是康大的学生难找工作,问问McGill的学生就业情况吧。真实情况是:中国人难找工作,无论姓麦姓康。

康大刚投资过亿元(加币)在Guy与Ste-Catherine盖新的教学大楼,烂学校有这样的财政支持吗。不烂不烂,离worst更是十万八千里。

不要看懂一两篇英文文章就捕风捉影枉加评论。没亲眼见“曾参杀人”就不要乱喊,不然吓死人。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2002-11-7 20:09 | 只看该作者
另有一个排名网站则给出与macleans有所不同的信息
www.researchinfosource.com
原来比concordia更差的有
university of windsor
university of regina
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 2002-11-7 23:08 | 只看该作者
但是winsor的机械方面好像很不错的。所以看你的专业了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 2002-11-8 01:23 | 只看该作者
Wang8, it was unadvisable of you to post that message. You should not have insulted the majority here. Most of chinese students here are studying in Concordia. They, of course, can not tolerate such rank. They naturally suppose either you are a loser for concordia or a student in McGill. If you are the former, it is no surprise that you hate Concordia. If you are the latter, it is easily suspected that you wanna magnify yourself by preaching down concordian.

As to the rank, in my opinion, it has reasonable aspects, for Macleans, as a well-known magazine, would not have simply drawn a rank before investigating carefully. Of course, it is a general rank. Academic quality is just only one of the considered factors. Why concordia was ranked to end of the line? Let's probe the answer. Concordia is unfortunately located in Quebec, a french-speaking province. As one of few english-teaching universities in Quebec, it
is fated that concordia get funds from government much less than that other French-teaching universities do. Money, however, is vital for the development of a unversity. Money therefore becomes the prior consideration of concordia. To recruit more students and force them to take their english courses are the ways to get money. That is why they don't need Toefl and Gre for admission and why they prefer international students and the students from other provinces. It inevitably cause its academic quality down.

Anyway, thanks to concordia, many of us who have past the best age of study can have the chance to continue education. Thanks to concordia, many of us can get loan and bursary. Thanks to concordia, there are more space for us to study. The people who get the admission to the university are lucky, since the competition for the admission between new immigrants is getting worse. So just forget the rank.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2002-11-8 16:12 | 只看该作者
谁说康大不拒人?我的朋友刚刚被拒掉,他的托福570多,想学计算机的研究生,工作经历也好,年龄30以下,还是外省移民(温哥华)。所以不要误导大家。

以我看,在蒙特里尔,康大的声音比麦大多。
再说,现在从哪毕业也找不到工作。我们班上刚有同学退出,去学training。麦大的课程可不实用了,是培养科学家的,我正想下学期去康大学几门有用的课程呢。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-30 14:45 , Processed in 0.054551 second(s), 38 queries .