租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: CV_review
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[联谊] help you write an effective CV

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
31#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-3-18 18:23 | 只看该作者
Post by yxiong99
I feel sick after reading the posts under this thread. Please don’t laugh at me if I ask what is the CV you guys talked about. I thought CV is only used for highly educated people who apply for a teacher or professor position at a university. Probably here in QC the CV is the same as resume that people in western provinces use to apply for a job such as embedded software designer or RF design engineer<O:p</O:p

I know students studying engineering are very concerned about the future when they are getting graduated. I don’t know how many percentages of graduates can directly be employed from the classroom. Does their CV really play an important role in the job hunting? What do students usually put on their CV’s? Receive the first job offer is somehow an issue of luck. I still remember how happy I felt when I got my first job in the industry. Actually it was not quite long ago, but it was my first step out of the academic area in which I had stayed for more than twenty years.<O:p</O:p

After you finished your first job for whatever reason, you will find how important your CV is to win an interview chance for your next job. More important is your skills and confidence in the job interview. The most important for successful job hunting is your experience and enthusiasm. I don’t know why I have written such off topic stuff. Maybe I just want to bring you guys away from your fight and make you all face the real battle field of job market. You may or may not be satisfied with your current position or salary. Be alert you could be laid off even fired tomorrow!<O:p</O:p

My dear friend,

Your comment is welcome. CV is equal to Resume. In Quebec, Resume is called CV. You are right, CV is one of mandatory materials for applying for a professional job. The other two are Cover letter and three names, address, phone numbers of references. For some standing institutions, they ask three reference letters directly from the referees.
温馨提示
本站接到网友举报,有人发布招聘(保姆管家、助理文秘、中文教师等)、交友和送宠物等信息,目标主要是针对女士行骗。为了增加欺骗力度,有的招聘中留了本地电话号码,那些电话号码实际上都是虚拟号码,其实他们人不在本地。建议大家提高警惕,不要随意提供个人信息并与对方纠缠,谨防“杀猪盘”。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2006-3-19 01:30 | 只看该作者

作好事需要理由么?

因为怀疑他人做好事的动机,我们 宁可错杀一千 ,但 我们 需要他们给我们一个做好事的理由先...痛哉!

• 如果有工作的人能有10人帮同胞看简历, 我们的10 x n (n = 得到帮助的同胞)同胞的简历水平可以上一个档次。

• 如果有100个有工作的人分10个专业组,分别专门帮同专业方向的同胞看简历,同胞们的敲门砖可以敲出更大的声音。
更 主要是,同胞更了解同胞,也知道雇主的需求, 能帮助同胞挖掘长处,找到更多的卖点,求职人士可以少走很多弯路。甚至可能拿到更适合自己的机会。这样的帮助,如果有的话,to the point 的可能比较大。 这样的本地资源对华人是不够的,尤其对不在本地上学 的人。 CLE 和 其他求职辅导机构 在看简历方面的帮助主要是格式和语言。

我相信挖掘别人的长处和优点比找别人的毛病是更快乐和值得做的事情 。

得到帮助的同胞将因受感染而帮助他人。

如果有得到过CV_review 帮助的人出来说个话,这里将会更和气些。

愿意在这里帮助人的人也就不会又减少一个。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2006-3-19 03:20 | 只看该作者
热闹, 偶然看到此贴, 通读一遍。。。

CV, 我支持你。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2006-3-19 04:45 | 只看该作者

Trusting me or not is your choice

(1) Hi THE MAN,<O:p</O:p

<O:p</O:p
Thank you for your understanding me and applaud you for your wonderful words. I originally wanted to give a better suggestion to readers. But I regret that my suggestion made CV_review so angry that he used bad words to fight against me.<O:p</O:p

九万里风蓬正举, 风休住, 蓬舟吹取三山去.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2006-3-19 04:47 | 只看该作者

(2) Here I would like to say nothing to CV_review, but introduce how I write my CV.<O:p</O:p

Before I finished my CV, I got two trainings. One came from Community Training, the other was from CAPS.<O:p</O:p

The Community Training aims at people who already have experience in <ST1:pNorth America</ST1:p. A counsellor, who is an Anglophone, gave me suggestions and corrected my CV. But the responses from companies were not good after I sent my CV to them.
九万里风蓬正举, 风休住, 蓬舟吹取三山去.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2006-3-19 04:48 | 只看该作者

(3) Then, somebody recommended CAPS to me. I adopt his suggestion, discussed with counsellors in CAPS many times about my CV, and modified my CV again and again. The counsellors gave me a lot of comments which were very useful to a student who had not experience in <ST1:pNorth America.</ST1:p<O:p</O:p

Next, I sent my CV to companies again. Replies were very good. During three months, I received three interviews in Montreal, four phone interviews from different cities in America, three phone interviews again from different departments in a famous corporation in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comMontreal</st1:City>, four phone interviews from different cities in <st1:country-region w:st=" /><st1:country-region w:st="on">America</ST1:p</st1:country-region>. I even received an on-site interview from the most famous corporation in my area. I was very surprised that this corporation gave an on-site interview to a student like me.
九万里风蓬正举, 风休住, 蓬舟吹取三山去.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

37#
发表于 2006-3-19 04:49 | 只看该作者

(4) The only reason why I describe my interviews is to make you trust me that the CAPS can gave you more effective suggestions and is more professional than others to a student who has no experience in North America. <O:p</O:p
Trusting me or not is your choice. CAPS is open to every student in a university.
九万里风蓬正举, 风休住, 蓬舟吹取三山去.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

38#
 楼主| 发表于 2006-3-19 19:32 | 只看该作者
shanhua:

Then you open another thread to introduce CAPS to other people. Don't say shit here. Please remember that CAPS is only free for registered student. Open your eyes to look at it. I pasted my post in this category 交友联谊Friends&Entertainment not in professional services. It is my "good will". maybe you never heard of this word, right? Please stay away from my thread. If you had sent positive message from what you said, why would I have got mad at you?

Please focus your energy in finding a job. since you have got an interview from some FAMOUS company, then follow up seriously. Hope you can get it. Otherwise, the FAMOUS company cannot bring any honor to you.

In addition, I believe I can provide my professional service to my Chinese folks in my own way since I have had more than 10 years professional work experience in Montreal based American and Canadian company, college and other governmental agencies.

To anybody else:

I declare it again that this is my personal ad. It has nothing to do with you if you don't want my aid. It is up to you. So don't say any shit here. Any comment is not welcome. It is not a community activity ad.

Anyway, this activity has been ended by this afternoon. I don't have time to do it anymore. I will end this thread by now. If you still want to 拉屎拉尿,那就请便!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 2006-3-21 23:36 | 只看该作者

LOL

Post by christmas111
Just had a good time here and tried to entertain.:eek!: what, u actually think cv_reivew is more entertaining than I do?

I THOUGH I AM THE MAN, NOW I DOUBT IT......LOL...:wink:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2006-3-21 23:40 | 只看该作者

LIKE THERE WAS REALLY SOMEONE SENT IT.......

[QUOTE=CV_review]To Those who have sent your CV to my email box:

I would change our meeting at my downtown office (THE POINT IS "MY OFFICE IS IN DOWNTOWN,REMEMBER THOSE BIG TALL BUILDING....LOL...")on Sunday afternoon. please check your email box.

Thanks,
BTW, this is my first time and also the last time to try this type of activity.(NO, PLEASE, HELP US, WE CANT LIVE WITHOUT YOU.DUNT GIVE UP SO EASILY) Good luck to everyone.(THANK YOU)[/QUOTE]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-6-10 21:30 , Processed in 0.055355 second(s), 34 queries .