租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 1138|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

她应该学什么专业? 谢谢指点.

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2006-6-20 11:31 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
妹妹马上要来加拿大登陆, 她在国内学的是Computer Science,一直也从事编程工作. 但她说对code兴趣不大,加上年龄已经过了三十, 做下去很吃力, 正好借移民的机会重新回炉学一个专业. 我知道她数学和记忆能力不错, 动手能力从小就不是太好. 如果读书的话, 家庭经济一两年没有问题.
我建议她还是做本行或转学EE, 毕竟工作好找些, 她倾向于统计,精算或会计,就是不知道难度有多大. 转行也是人生的大决定, 想听听各位朋友的高见.
2#
发表于 2006-6-22 10:24 | 只看该作者

Please consider carefully

My friend he comes from Hong Kong (he speaks and writes pretty good English), he finished his Bachelors degree in computer science in one of the Montreal's University. Unfortunately none of his classmate (32 students) can find a job, it ends up one of his classmates to help his family to take care of a fast food restaurant, one of his classmates is working in a factory getting $8.00 per hour. As I said his English is not bad, but he still can't find a job. Why? Because they don't speak GOOD French.

Don't forget, in Canada the salary only raise $0.30 - 0.60 a year, let say my friend is getting $8.00/hour now, even he's lucky can have $0.50 cent increase per year, that means after ten years, his salary is just $13.00/hour. Can you accept this? Your salary is only $5.00 more than 10 year ago.

Even if you have a "good" job, layoff could happen at anytime. I know someone work in Ottawa in a Government dept for more than 12 years, and the other one work in Bombadia, they both suddenly get layoff.

Do you know why so many Chinese they continue their studies? Why so many Chinese they open a depeneur to work 16 hours a day from 7:00a.m - 11:00 p.m.? Why so many Chinese they work in the factory (stand all day or do the physical work and only get $8.00/hour)? Because they all have a very hard time to find a job. They have a very hard time to learn to speak and write GOOD English and French.

Once you come to Canada, you need to start everything from zero again and its hard for you to go back to China, you loose all your network. If you go back to China, you need to start from zero again. Is it worth to come to Canada???? How many years you can afford to try to start from zero again? Don't forget, as age grow older, its harder to find a job.

I am not blaming, I just telling you the truth and hope you can make the wise decision. If you need any help, please let me know.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2006-6-23 14:39 | 只看该作者
统计:no chance for the undergraduate students.
精算: no chance for the guy who can not speak french, if he wants to find a internship in Montreal. If he has no internship, he has rare chane to land a job.
或会计: good for starting,
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2006-6-27 12:39 | 只看该作者
it depends on herself,the most important thing is that she will love that profession.

accounting:the demand is stable,but now the supply is abundant,and many persons are studying.another factor she will consider is time.if she chooses accounting,it will take her about three years to get a bachelor degree;it will take her about three years to pass exam of CGA (or maybe fail);if she will work in Quebec, she must pass french exam.CMA,CA need at least two years experience.many people who hold bachelor degree work as bookkeeper,hard work,low salary.

other two:not familiar with.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-6-11 11:27 , Processed in 0.043759 second(s), 33 queries .