使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2003-7-1 23:09 | 只看该作者
Birks is better, but more expensive.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2003-7-2 01:35 | 只看该作者
Birks is a brand or a shop name? where can I find it?
Thanks.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2003-7-3 17:58 | 只看该作者
Birks is expensive but it sells real diamond

I wrote a article about diamond before in this web site. I don't know if it's deleted. There are a lot of knowledge need to know before you buy.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2003-7-3 21:55 | 只看该作者
where can I find Birks?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2003-7-7 16:35 | 只看该作者
LA BAY旁边的教堂对面,就是BIRKS。做工很好,价钱贵但是给爱人,值         
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2003-7-7 20:22 | 只看该作者
Thanks a lot. 这里有De Beer卖吗?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2003-7-8 10:50 | 只看该作者
The "De Beers" is a company or union which controls 90% of all the world's diamond trade.

BIRKS is the best and the only place to buy the diamond in Canada. However, it's too expensive.

There is another choose for you. You can flight to Europe to take a honey moon. And you go to Antwep, which in Belguim, or you go to Holand to buy the diamond and ring. The price I know in Europe is cheaper( I don't know if "much" cheaper) than here.

If you buy diamond in Belguim or Holand, you have 2 benefits:

1. get the tax return, around 15-17%
2. have much much more style to choice

The public taste in US and Canada is so bad. This affect the market a lot. The direct result is you are very very difficult to find a good style you want. In Belguim, you can buy the diamond ring with much more choice, or, you can buy a naked diamond and select the ring style seperately.

As a professional point of view, I will select the second choice. Why? Because :
1. you can select the diamond with much clear view, you know exactly which diamond you are buying.
2. Once it installed on the ring, a lot of defects can be hided and you never find it, because the ring and the crown foot hide it
3. you have much more choice to select the style,you can select the ring style in another shop.

To select the diamond and the ring, there is some common knowledge you need to clear:

1. never buy the gold ring, because the gold is yellow, in the diamond industry, the best diamond is never been put on the gold. The gold is yellow color, and the yellow color will make the good clear diamond looks yellow. You know, the more yellow, the less quality. It will decrease the value of diamond. On the reverse, those diamond which color is more yellow will be prefer to put on the gold ring to hide its color.

2. Same sence, select the diamond in the sun light or 日光灯, don't under the 柜台灯, because it's yellow light,  you can not seperate if the yellow comes from light or from the stone's nature

3. the standard 放大镜 for diamond is 10X, some salesman will give you 8X or 6X, so you can not see anything in side, as my suggestion, you better bring your 放大镜yourself, if you can find a 显微镜,you can 拔掉靠近眼部的一小头 and use that part to see the diamond. or you can ask the shop to use their microscope.

Every diamond buy knows 4C: color, clarity, 克拉, and cut(切工), but how to 衡量 it is always according to the experience, the weight and cut can be measured by the machine. but in the diamond industry, the color and clarity are always defined by people's eyes. Even the institute to do the judge is a little different. Some shop give you the certificate is a self-made certificate, the institution is not well recognized. if you buy a real good diamond, you need to be careful about the instituatio itself, otherwords, are they fake?

People knows 克拉, but there are so many tricks there, the weight is easy to measure, it's very easy to make the diamond larger and more weight but with a bad quality. the 4C is equially important. There is more knowledge how to see the 4C in the diamond, if you real need help, you can leave your telephone and I can call you.

By the way, I am not a diamond salesman  
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-13 08:43 , Processed in 0.048139 second(s), 42 queries .