租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 1035|回复: 2
打印 上一主题 下一主题

修车被骗, 请求法律帮助

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2004-1-11 12:04 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
I had my Mazda 626 car’s transmission rebuilt last September through路坚汽车维修. Since they could not do it, they gave me a quotation and subcontracted to Ratio Transmission.
This January, such transmission found leaking in 4 places (seals, hose, and the place where they patched at the bottom of the transmission case).  I went to 2 places to check before I had it repaired. It’s suspected that they put on a second hand transmission instead of doing rebuild. Tuesday, Jan 6, I asked them to re- do rebuild which they were supposed to do in last September, they agreed. 4 days waiting,  –30 to –40 temperatures, my little kid could not go to daycare and had to stay at home with me, my life and daily schedule were highly affected. It also caused me a lot of stress because of their bad attitude.  
Friday, Jan 9, 2004, they returned my car with what they said they had fixed the transmission oil leaking but they did not re-do rebuild.
Jan 10, I found out that the antifreeze  (green one) now is leaking, and they added too much transmission oil than it is needed. There are two other places which I can not see clearly under the engine are leaking, may be some other hidden problems which I am not aware.
Although I am very busy every day, I won’t neglect their cheating and bad business behaviours like this. I’m going to take legal action to claim what I have lost, also I want to tell all of you this case to alert you to be careful next time when you go to 路坚汽车维修and Ratio Transmission. I need friends advises on the following questions:
1.        Transmission oil almost double, see from the line, will it be harmful to my transmission?
2.        Is there anyway I can find out if those people intended to break things in my car?  Does any one know in Montreal if there’s an authorized place could do this kind of inspection and have a legal effect for my future use on the court? Or do I just simply call the police?
3.        Is there an authorized and professional place to check if they used second hand transmission in my car? I was told they were not supposed to patch when they rebuild transmission, is it true?
4.        Can anyone of you advise me a cheaper and quicker place to sue them?

Thanks for your attention and help in advance.

More update...

Today, Jan 11, I noticed the transmission oil is still leaking. Likely from the front and back seals of the transmission. How dared they not only did not re-do rebuild as they promised. but also even did not fix the oil leaking.

I checked the transmission oil meter after 30 minutes of cooling the car. The level was at 5cm over "do not add in this area". Twice high than "add in this lever".

I really need to take lagal action against them. Someone knows if there's an authrized place to check all the problems and will have legal effect on the court, please urgently let me know. Thank you very much.
2#
发表于 2004-1-11 14:35 | 只看该作者
My sympathy.

However, did you have a Service Contract stating the problem(s), and what was going to be done, with your signature to authorize the job?

If not,you better swallow it, cause the litigation is not something worth to do, on the balance of your cost and obtaining a favorable judgment. (How can you document with the court, what the problem the car had to start with?)

If you insist on doing so, you may wish to have your car inspected at one of the CAA auth inspect garages(look at Yellow Book).

I have known LuJian for over 10 yrs. They are generally OK (but the job done is often very rough). One important factor is the job itself. They are ok in doing, such as, oil change, replacements of starter, disc, parts that do NOT involve delicate tech knowledge/experience.

Choosing LuJian, and all sort of, we always have to, in advance, balance the saving and the risk of having a bad-job.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2004-1-12 22:52 | 只看该作者
Xulao,

Thank you very much for your advise. I was busy pareparing documents and doing the inspection of my car. So I saw you post and reply late.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-1 18:38 , Processed in 0.037759 second(s), 32 queries .