租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 1059|回复: 9
打印 上一主题 下一主题

Help!Getting into accident without a licence~~~

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2008-1-20 16:12 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
I was driving my mom's car this morning, without a licence ( i know it's wrong) ,and hit a car infront of me before a red light stop. There were some damage to the rear bumper ( i guess) and the owner insisted that the entire piece has to be changed.... he said it could be thousands of dollars, which im not so sure.

I haven't given him the insurance company's info yet as i'm thinking it probably won't cover the cost anyway given the circumstances. So what's the best way to go now?

Can i just get him to agree that it was my mom who was driving the car and report to the insurance company? Could this work? or should i just pay for the repair on my own.... and around how much it is doing to cost me?

Anybody with any advice would be very..very much appreciated... thanks !! I'm a little freaked out and desperate~~~
2#
发表于 2008-1-20 18:52 | 只看该作者
calm down, panic doesn't help the situation.

first off, you dont have a licence, not even a learner licence?   the person let you go without getting your insurance info?  

Anyways, for the situation i think the best you can do is keeping the issue privately between you and the person, pay the cost on your own.  try to talk to the person, get his understanding, minimize your cost and dont let him file a report to police.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-1-20 21:28 | 只看该作者
Thank u so much for answering Calf...
I didn't...unfortunately have any permit at all to drive. Now i do wonder what was i thinking putting myself behind that wheel...

Anyways, the owner did take my address, plate number and all the home phone, cell phone numbers, and left a message 30minutes after requesting the insurance info. May be i should just do what u said and hope he'd agree to settle off the record.

Do u by any chance have any idea how much it'd cost to change the rear end? I mean, it's not like anything's severely damaged, from i saw there were only a few cracks. Don't think it's going to be " thousands" of dollars just to change a bumper like he claimed. But well, i really don't know enough about auto mechanical to argue with him on that. So.......:confused:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2008-1-20 21:36 | 只看该作者
可以试着讨讨价,但别把对方弄急了,报了警就坏了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2008-1-20 21:40 | 只看该作者
---------------
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2008-1-20 23:22 | 只看该作者
...........[url="http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publications/permis/vehicle_seizure.pdf"][/url]
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2008-1-20 23:31 | 只看该作者
没有合法的驾照开车, 不是开玩笑的事情! 楼主自己小心!:cool:

详情请见:

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/en/documents/pdf/driver_licence/vehicle_seizure.html

http://www.saaq.gouv.qc.ca/publications/permis/vehicle_seizure.pdf
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2008-1-20 23:32 | 只看该作者
Don't be upset.  What kind of car?  The rear bumper must be replaced, usually costs $500.

Find a garage to estimate the damage, and pay off as it.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2008-1-21 01:31 | 只看该作者
sorry i was out for coulpe of hours.

if you dont have anything to prove you can drive legally, dont tell the person that fact, somehow try to negotiate with him about the cost, reasonably. at last, you need to pay him the cost of the damage, well, maybe a bit more, but it worth it.

keep your limitation as not getting police involved, coz it will cost a lot more than just paying for the damage if you have to settle down the case on court.

in case the person want a lot more than you should pay, you need a lawyer. since there is no police report right after the accedent, you maight have some advantages.

well, if you have any questions, could give me a ring at 514-560-4206 after 10 tomorrow(leo), i got the same situation 4 years ago, totally understand what you felt.

calm down, it wont screw up your life.<SCRIPT language=JavaScript type=text/javascript>rwWord("lawyer");</SCRIPT>
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2008-1-21 01:41 | 只看该作者
the cost may vary on cars, it is possible to cost you thousand bucks. again, i feel worth it if you can settle this case down by paying out thousand dollars.

good luck.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-21 03:32 , Processed in 0.046801 second(s), 38 queries .