租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 1340|回复: 3
打印 上一主题 下一主题

[移民] 留学生转移民亲历(附timeline)

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2008-12-10 13:46 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
今天刚把护照邮寄到水牛城。虽然还差登陆,好歹可以松口气了。写下一过程,希望对同样是留学生转移民的有所帮助.

Background: I did my undergraduate in China. When I applied to CSQ, I just finished my master degree from a Quebec University. My undergraduate was in engineering. And I worked as RA in a Quebec university for three months. I did get points for my engineering education and Canada RA experience. That's why they waived my French interview.

Medical checkup: I did my medical checkup before CIC asked me to do it. The clinic had forms from CIC. After I got my file number from CIC, I asked the clinic to contact the Ottawa office and fax my file number to them. The clinic mailed my file on Aug.24, but my file was not in the system until early Nov. It took 8-12 weeks from the clinic to the last Ottawa office. The process is like this: clinic mails the file to the first Ottawa office, then Ottawa has to transfer the file to Edmonton and Kingston, and finally get back to Ottawa.

Timeline:

Mid Feb.2008, submit material for CSQ.
Mid March 2008: got file number for CSQ.
April 2008: mailed the photocope of my degree to Quebec immigration.
May 2008: Quebec Immigration contacted me, asking for my degree. --- I realized the photocopy I sent one month ago was lost by Canada Post or Immigration ( God knows who).
June: Mailed true copy of my degree, and first page of my passport to quebec immigration. Notice, they required TRUE COPIES. You need to find a lawyer or some legal staff to sign and prove they are true copies.
July 2008: received my CSQ without taking the French interview.

Aug. 2008, mailed my file to Buffalo. Had the medical checkup done at the same time.
Sep. -Oct. 2008: got my file number and Buffalo asked me to do the medical checkup.
Mid.Nov. 2008: Buffalo received my medical results from Ottawa Office.
Early Dec.: Buffalo asked me to mail my passport before Dec.30.
Dec. 10, I mailed my passport through Canada Post ( probablly Fedex would be better. But Canada post is closer to where I live.)

Lesson Learned: I am the only peoson who is responsible for my immigration. The rest of the world doesn't care about it at all. So I am the only person who need to make sure that every step is right. And sometimes, I had to push some lazy, stupid and irresponsible Canadians. -- Don't hesitage to push them, since I already paid them.

Good Luck to everyone who is still going through this dXmn process.
2#
发表于 2008-12-14 00:23 | 只看该作者
thank you for sharing
same time line like you, but have not got the letter to mail passport.
i also received a letter asked me to do the medical exam even i have done it.
how did you know they received the medical result in Nov? did they sent you a letter?
wawa
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
 楼主| 发表于 2008-12-16 20:42 | 只看该作者
Post by shron
thank you for sharing
same time line like you, but have not got the letter to mail passport.
i also received a letter asked me to do the medical exam even i have done it.
how did you know they received the medical result in Nov? did they sent you a letter?

From the clinic. Clinics have special line to communicate with immigration office.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2009-1-8 23:38 | 只看该作者
hi, BENBEN你最近应该收到VISA了吧,打算什么时候去登陆啊, 我最近准备去, 如果你也有同样打算的话, 我们可以一起租车,时间可以商量,请联系 514-806-1209 或者 514-969-9616  Thanks
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-22 03:36 , Processed in 0.041555 second(s), 33 queries .