查看: 1502|回复: 0
打印 上一主题 下一主题

videogame testing @ Ste-Adele

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2010-7-14 16:31 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
Anyone need a job?

45-50 min drive from Montreal lies the sleepy and nice town of St.Adele... For those of you who dont know it, its a winter sport town surrounded by lakes, rivers and forests in summer, and skislopes in winter.

I work for a company in this town that is now recruiting.. The company does something that is nicely called "Outsourced quality assurance control for various national and international software companies" We who work there call ourselves videogame testers.

Thats rigth, we test videogames. Its not as fun as playing them at home, since you often have to play the same parts over and over again to find bugs (we call errors bugs, and try to find them so that the people making the game can correct them)

Right now the company is hiring! We need a lot of testers, from these categories:

For Quebecois/canadians:

Functionality testers, short time contracts.(Start NOOOOW and work over summer for most of you, but many will be asked to stay if they perform well.

Have to speak English, because our testing language is English. But it doesnt have to be perfect, many of our testers have french as their main language and the language spoken in the test rooms is usually french.

For international citizens (Preferably with, but also without a work visa): Linguistic testing!

That means testing a game that has been translated to your language, making sure that spelling is correct, etc. If there is no work available in your language,you will be asked to test functionality.

We are currently looking for testers in many languages. Basically, if you are a legal resident of Canada/Quebec and speak a foreign language, please contact me for a talk

I guess we would arrange an interview in Montreal for those who are interested. The linguistic testers have to take some tests to prove they are skilled in their language, since they will need to know their grammar, etc

Email me privately on CS and I will tell you more and answer questions!

But read this FAQ first:

1: Salary is different from employee to employee based on skill. The basic salary will be around 10-11 bucks per hour, with a 30-35 hour workweek.Probably lots of overtime during summer, as we have many big and awesome projects going on.

2: The company will help you find a place to live, that will cost around 300-450 bucks per month

3: Some of the games you test will be boring, so dont expect it to be all fun and games Its still work. But I have done a lot of weird stuff in my life,and I got to say that this is on my top 5 of relaxing, nice jobs
4: There are many free jobs but obviously not for everyone in Montreal. And we are in a real hurry to hire people, would want you to start training ASAP. So hurry up and mail me.

Let me hear from you and maybe you can join our team!
http://www.couchsurfing.org/profile.html?id=1XJ82A5
温馨提示
本站接到网友举报,有人发布招聘(保姆管家、助理文秘、中文教师等)、交友和送宠物等信息,目标主要是针对女士行骗。为了增加欺骗力度,有的招聘中留了本地电话号码,那些电话号码实际上都是虚拟号码,其实他们人不在本地。建议大家提高警惕,不要随意提供个人信息并与对方纠缠,谨防“杀猪盘”。
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-12 23:47 , Processed in 0.033351 second(s), 27 queries .