租房买房买生意上iU91
查看: 2776|回复: 24
打印 上一主题 下一主题

警察滥用权力又一例!

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
跳转到指定楼层
楼主
发表于 2005-6-28 15:42 | 只看该作者 回帖奖励 |倒序浏览 |阅读模式
At 22:50 on June 21, I drove at the intersection of Bleury and St. Catherine. It’s a one way street. There was a police wagon in front of mine, driving below 20 KM per hour without any siren. I followed them about 5seconds at very low speed and they are still very slow, in the middle of the road. I saw there were two female police officers in the car and they were talking. To remind them I was going to surpass, I blew my horn in a very short and polite way and then I drove my car to the right side of the police wagon. The police officer at the passenger side swang down her mirror and yelled at me “You must be very hurry!”  What could I say? I was not very hurry but I do have a friend waiting for my pick-up at the airport and what I did is only to give them a signal so that we can avoid unexpected collision when I surpassed them since I knew they were very concentrated on their work. When I wanted to leave, the police officer stopped my car and asked me to show them my driver license, my vehicle registration paper and my insurance paper. I was fully cooperative even I was aware that they intended to give me a hard time only because they felt their privilege on the road was challenged from their assumption even my original intention is only to give them a signal of surpassing a police wagon which crossed the road lines, at a extreme low speed and with no siren at all. I issued them my drive license and vehicle registration paper. When I asked the police officer what I did wrong, she sat on her seat (she never left her seat) and yelled at me: “It’s because of your attitude. You didn’t show your respect! You are dealing with a police officer, not your wife”! When I asked them what’s wrong with my attitude, was I rude or did I use any coarse language and then explained to her I just gave them a signal, she replied:” you are not suppose to tell a police officer how to do her job!” It seems my guess is right. As a police officer, no matter they are working or not, no matter they crossed the line or not, no matter they were chatting or not, as a citizen, the only choice for you is only to follow them and have to be follow quietly. Otherwise, they will stop your car, check you everything until they pick some excuse to give you a ticket. After carefully checking my files, it is very obvious they cannot find anything wrong. But this cannot save their face. They have to do something to prove their power. Finally they issued me a ticket of 95$ since I didn’t sign on the vehicle registration paper although they have all of my IDs and check my signatures and pictures. When I asked the police officer “does this make you feel better?” she replied me with a threatening tone “do you want to have another ticket of not showing your insurance paper? It can be up to 950$!” (I was looking for my insurance paper at that moment.) What should I do now? To defend my dignity in the price of another fabricated accusation of 950$?  Come on, give me a break…

The lessons I learned from this case are:

1.        For some polices, defending their authority is much more important than defending justice.

2.        Respect means to follow and to follow quietly.

3.        You will get a ticket because of your “attitude”.

4.        Ticket is negotiable. It will be 95$ if the police want to give you an easy time and up to 950$ if they want to give you a hard time. It’s according to their wish and mood!

It’s the whole story in that drizzly night. I decide to sue them not only because of that fabricated ticket but also I have to defend my basic rights and stop some police officers abusing using their authorities which they are entitle to.
2#
发表于 2005-6-28 17:53 | 只看该作者
就是应该和他们法庭上见。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

3#
发表于 2005-6-28 19:11 | 只看该作者
支持op!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

4#
发表于 2005-6-28 19:29 | 只看该作者
不错了,  拿不出保险, 给你开张单也就开了,   惹警察干吗,  全世界的警察都那样, 这里的都算不错了
那么晚你不应该鸣笛, 这本身就不友好,
你才跟了几秒种就超车也太着急了. 多跟几秒看清楚情况
要做批评和自我批评,  
大家不要在不了解情况之下就瞎起哄, 上法庭好玩? 一定能赢?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

5#
发表于 2005-6-28 22:10 | 只看该作者
楼上看清楚, 他有保险的, 是警察故意找事。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

6#
发表于 2005-6-28 23:11 | 只看该作者

最主要的教训你还是没有吸收到

你自己也写了,明明是one way street,警车还在路中间,你就慢慢跟在后面就得拉,况且还是警车,如果是一般的车你不也得慢慢跟在后面吗?!再急也不能试图在这样的路上右手超车,还鸣笛,可以吸收的教训是这里,交通法规的意识不够啊。
再者,可能你已经成为加拿大公民,但是能在这里发贴,就证明你和汉语有千丝万缕的联系,干吗不直接写汉字呢,那长的英语浪费看贴的人多少时间啊?为什么看你的贴啊,就是想弄个究竟,否则,一般这里的英文贴我从来不看(本人外语太烂……)。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

7#
发表于 2005-6-29 00:23 | 只看该作者
one way street并不是单车道的意思,有多达三四个车道的one way street,可以并行的。
Post by waveboom
你自己也写了,明明是one way street,你就慢慢跟在后面就得拉,况且还是警车,如果是一般的车你不也得慢慢跟在后面吗?!再急也不能试图在这样的路上超车,还鸣笛,可以吸收的教训是这里,交通法规的意识不够啊。
再者,可能你已经成为加拿大公民,但是能在这里发贴,就证明你和汉语有千丝万缕的联系,干吗不直接写汉字呢,那长的英语浪费看贴的人多少时间啊?为什么看你的贴啊,就是想弄个究竟,否则,一般这里的英文贴我从来不看(本人外语太烂……)。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

8#
发表于 2005-6-29 14:19 | 只看该作者

不明白

如果是两条lane,直接超过去不就得了,鸣笛干嘛?如果是一条lane,理论上不能超车,实在有急事想超也应该先闪灯提示前车靠右,再从左边超。而不是鸣笛从右边超。你的行车方式不当,给被超的车一种不礼貌的感觉,故把警察惹怒了。他们的态度是不好,但是你主动性违规在先。最后,如果你确实没在车证上签名,罚款没错,你没什么可申诉的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

9#
发表于 2005-6-29 16:07 | 只看该作者
右边超车,还是警车

罚单却是车证上没签字

应该上法庭...

你能证明警车是20KM,还是30KM,还是40KM

St. Catherine的限速是50KM...

开车,见到警车,校车,PAY 200% ATTENTION!

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

10#
发表于 2005-6-29 21:38 | 只看该作者

上法庭

一定上法庭,是非曲直法官说了算.哪规定没签名罚95刀的?岂有此理!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-21 04:44 , Processed in 0.048252 second(s), 43 queries .