楼主| 发表于 2010-10-24 10:05 | 只看该作者
年纪大了,做事认真多了,不皮了。。。。。。。我原来小时就不是很皮。。。。。。。。。
金石镂空,了了蝈笼。资成新风,皓月无梦。 学圆堂主人胡文仲题 lychonantiques.org
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

112#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-10-24 10:07 | 只看该作者
Post by xhu;2710712
我有一个主意,做一个网站PROMPT英文写作作品,让洋作家也能赚点钱,收费要合理点,每有成员点击你的贴子你就可以收到钱,雇人读成员的文章,加精的又有点钱。成员注册收月费,也算是搞活文化吧。投入可能会很可观,因为我不是写网页的高手,维护网站,读文章都可以的。请大家给点建议吧。。。。。。。。。。。好像有HELIUM是免费的,还有很多限制,BLOGIT要收费,算下来作家简直没收入。。。。。。。。。。。知道的就这些网站了。。。。。。。。。

算了,让洋人赚钱划不来。。。。。。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

113#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-10 11:28 | 只看该作者

Giller Prize

Scotia Bank Giller Prize, my book is too old to enter for winning, yet they are self-published, not eligible for the prize. The only thing I can do is to sell these books.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

114#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-10 11:55 | 只看该作者
Post by xhu;2710712
我有一个主意,做一个网站PROMPT英文写作作品,让洋作家也能赚点钱,收费要合理点,每有成员点击你的贴子你就可以收到钱,雇人读成员的文章,加精的又有点钱。成员注册收月费,也算是搞活文化吧。投入可能会很可观,因为我不是写网页的高手,维护网站,读文章都可以的。请大家给点建议吧。。。。。。。。。。。好像有HELIUM是免费的,还有很多限制,BLOGIT要收费,算下来作家简直没收入。。。。。。。。。。。知道的就这些网站了。。。。。。。。。

好像找个可编辑的OPEN SOURCE BB系统还是可以的,可以请人编辑一下,基本上我是有个主意了。。。。。。。。。。要做成一个收费系统的。。。??。。?。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

115#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-10 17:28 | 只看该作者
One chapter of my novel is "God is love, so is Buddha".
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

116#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-10 20:47 | 只看该作者

"A" buck

"A" buck a month is very expensive, don't you think? Likewise, if your car has problems, and you have to go to a auto mechanic, and they seem charge you hundreds of bucks. Now you don't think it is expensive. Glasses, a fine delicate device don't come cheap, and opticians have their duty on charge. Engineers, Canadian engineers are phenomenal, so they have something to do, then they will be very very happy. Software, I remembered Solectron hired me for 5000US more than my salary in my last job to write test softwares, and I rejected the offer, and still glad I stick with hardware. I should have gone to that company, they talked to me about over-work opportunity for 150% of the pay. Writers, finally I get to that part, and I take a deeper breath and let my fingers touch my notebook, yes, it is a notebook, I realized, and I will go daily working on the device so I will make sure I have no worries, actually I do worry a lot. You will like what I write, casual or formal, I bet. And then I can lay on my bed and have a smoke, ehrnnnnn, I remembered my CD by Holly Cole, "Don' smoke in bed". Musician, ehrnnnnnnn, again. I am not that obsessed!!!!!!!!!!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

117#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-10 22:48 | 只看该作者
I found it is very hard to hold vuleable to value. If you have expensive things, and when you need cash that you need to sell your valuables, you can't get an expected price for your valuables. I have been in selling my personal collections for quite a while, I know this that sometimes you do need to make a cheap deal. Then you are not holding strictly the vulneability for yourself. They may call you a cheap man, but what can you do, you know you are not cheap. Just........just goods are cheap than any price the cash holds. Then cash holds.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

118#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-10 22:50 | 只看该作者
Post by xhu;2729664
"A" buck a month is very expensive, don't you think? Likewise, if your car has problems, and you have to go to a auto mechanic, and they seem charge you hundreds of bucks. Now you don't think it is expensive. Glasses, a fine delicate device don't come cheap, and opticians have their duty on charge. Engineers, Canadian engineers are phenomenal, so they have something to do, then they will be very very happy. Software, I remembered Solectron hired me for 5000US more than my salary in my last job to write test softwares, and I rejected the offer, and still glad I stick with hardware. I should have gone to that company, they talked to me about over-work opportunity for 150% of the pay. Writers, finally I get to that part, and I take a deeper breath and let my fingers touch my notebook, yes, it is a notebook, I realized, and I will go daily working on the device so I will make sure I have no worries, actually I do worry a lot. You will like what I write, casual or formal, I bet. And then I can lay on my bed and have a smoke, ehrnnnnn, I remembered my CD by Holly Cole, "Don' smoke in bed". Musician, ehrnnnnnnn, again. I am not that obsessed!!!!!!!!!!

全“A”生不易找,加拿大公司求贤若渴。真TMD。。。。。。。。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

119#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-11 16:38 | 只看该作者

贴个旧作

It snowed the night after dawn

SHA YAN

When I was walking to the bus stop after I finished work, it started to snow.It was early winter, two days before Christmas Eve. The trees on the street were just bold. Branches on them were covered with thick snow. They looked like they wanted to bow themselves. The snow on them looked extremely white and shinny flicking while the light snowfall danced in the sky. The sky looked dark. The street light on Main Street was flashing faintly with whitish-yellowish colour. I turned over the corner and walked to the bus stop.

I was working in a restaurant to do the delivery. It was one of my many jobs already, I just found a while ago. One and a half year earlier, I was having a very good paid job doing what I am interested to do. The company became no good, I became unemployed. I was searching for a good job, but it seemed the economic condition did not allow one to work on what they are interested and get a good pay. Job is hard to find. I started to work in the restaurant around the town, and sometimes a little better paid part time jobs. The situation was stressful.

I stopped at the bus stop and waited there. Downtown streets looked empty.Occasionally there were some people walking by. Two younger also were waiting for the bus, two males. They were talking about their adventure in the pub tonight dancing with girls. It was after mid-night already. They seemed very excited. It was cold tonight, I felt. Especially when I just came out of the heated restaurant. Two young men wore very little clothes and started to make little jumps on the snow to keep their feet warm. The bus drove slowly to the stop. I stepped onto the bus. Two young men went into the bus after. The bus closed its door, and then it ran into the darkness.

The bus is not crowded, a few people scattered. Some of them were talking. I found a seat in the back, sat down. I looked at the running through building in the downtown streets in the dark. I sighed, another year...Along with the motion of the bus, I rested in thoughts.

I did not make very much money in the restaurant delivery. And I have to pay for the gas. The money I made for the job just could cover the gas and the food. Yesterday I talked to my father that I wanted to quit, he is mad at me. He is right, I must support myself. He is my foster father. My real father is dead during Chinese culture revolution, before I was born. He was a writer. Communism party in China made him to write after the establishment of communist country in China. My real mother was afraid of the government in the culture revolution because he married my father after the establishment under the arrangement of the government. She gave me away, to my foster parents. Can I hate her? Anyway, even though it is important. My foster parents, well, did not treat me so bad. But I still miss my real parents.

Thoughts took me back to the restaurant; I wanted to quit even more because of the gas today. The boss is a bad guy. I delivered the food to a family. But the address was the wrong one, about three miles further from the customer. I went back, then he gave me the real address, but he had to warm the food because it was cold. I realized later he just want me to spend more money on the gas for the three miles more and the running back distance I had to drive. That was all because I made not bad tips today, and he wanted to adjust my earnings. What a cheap guy he is, isn't it? I suddenly got sad. I decided, to leave that restaurant. I wanted to find a better job or to write novels, or better yet, to start a business.

The bus has stopped. I stepped down the bus, and the bus again ran into the dark. What a night, I turned around. It was still snowing. The white snow flicks dropped on the ground without a sound at night, just after the dawn. The air smelled fresh in the dawn. I took a breath and then walked through the street filled with the snow, back to my home.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

120#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-11-11 19:40 | 只看该作者
泥洋人想我写书是假的,要钱是真的,那我怎么跟泥玩啊!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-22 06:06 , Processed in 0.043844 second(s), 35 queries .