楼主: sherry118
打印 上一主题 下一主题

About Sex -- 关于性

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
31#
发表于 2007-10-1 18:33 | 只看该作者

英文学习大会,讨论完全偏离主题!!!

Post by oldwolf
楼主的英文还行。能用简单的英文单词来表达不太简单的意思。The article is well organized.

The main problem of your English is that it is still somewhat Chinglish.

随便替楼主改最后一段

All I can say to you is, “that’s your body, you are the boss; it’s your life, do only what you feel comfortable doing! The rest is all lies!”

What I can say to you is "that’s your body, and you are the boss; it’s your life, do whatever you feel comfortable to do! All rest are lies!”

OLDOWLF

也来吹毛求疵一下:All the rest are lies!此定冠词似乎必不可少。

语言就是文化,半路出家者,即使口语再流利,落实到写作完全是另外一回事儿。不太恰当的比喻就是,文盲也可以说很漂亮的话,但是根本不会写。

现在经过各路大虾们的“真知灼见”,最多也就是改成标准的英语句子。而个人感觉英文的难点在动词和副词的应用,而妙笔在于那些用作形容词的短语,也就是那些小词的应用,让人感受到美感,就如阅读优秀的散文一样。

题又跑偏了,LZ在讨论SEX,也就是中文的性。LZ犹如其他含苞待放的女孩子一样,对性比较感兴趣,本来使用母语是最佳的表达方式,但是由于羞涩,也就使用英文来写。现在大家的焦点都转移到英文和文法上来了,有点出乎LZ的预料。

不过也许是读者也都比较羞涩,不好意思谈性,所以转移焦点。这也正是LZ开门见山提及的中国人对性的态度。

谈情说爱,还是使用母语的好。很多东西“只可意会,不可言传”嘛。有兴趣者看看红色部分英文如何翻译吧。

我又跑题了,不好意思。:p
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

32#
发表于 2007-10-1 18:48 | 只看该作者
Post by s030604

语言就是文化,半路出家者,即使口语再流利,落实到写作完全是另外一回事儿。不太恰当的比喻就是,文盲也可以说很漂亮的话,但是根本不会写。

现在经过各路大虾们的“真知灼见”,最多也就是改成标准的英语句子。而个人感觉英文的难点在动词和副词的应用,而妙笔在于那些用作形容词的短语,也就是那些小词的应用,让人感受到美感,就如阅读优秀的散文一样。

题又跑偏了,LZ在讨论SEX,也就是中文的性。LZ犹如其他含苞待放的女孩子一样,对性比较感兴趣,本来使用母语是最佳的表达方式,但是由于羞涩,也就使用英文来写。现在大家的焦点都转移到英文和文法上来了,有点出乎LZ的预料。

不过也许是读者也都比较羞涩,不好意思谈性,所以转移焦点。这也正是LZ开门见山提及的中国人对性的态度。

It could be perceived rather than expressed
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

33#
发表于 2007-10-1 19:32 | 只看该作者

问个问题:

您喜欢做人还是做狗呀?
Post by smiles04
牙尖嘴利不是坏事。“让狗咬人是正常,人咬狗是奇闻的说法成为历史!!!:mad: ”
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

34#
发表于 2007-10-1 20:14 | 只看该作者
Post by oldwolf
The rest is all lies!”

All rest are lies!”

i think the blue one is better, because 1. the verb should agree with the subject, not the object. i.e., "we are a team" is better than "we is a team". 2. it needs a "the" before rest, i don't know why, it sounds much better.
Be the change you wish to see in the world
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

35#
发表于 2007-10-1 21:35 | 只看该作者
i came across a betrand russel quote,

"Marriage is for women the commonest mode of livelihood, and the total amount of undesired sex endured by women is probably greater in marriage than in prostitution. "
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

36#
发表于 2007-10-1 22:01 | 只看该作者

一点小建议

Post by 圆明园
i think the blue one is better, because 1. the verb should agree with the subject, not the object. i.e., "we are a team" is better than "we is a team". 2. it needs a "the" before rest, i don't know why, it sounds much better.

The rest is all lies!

All THE rest are lies!”

圆同学说的很有道理,1. 但是凭语感而论,第一个句子当宾语是复数的时候,不是很流畅,所以最好当宾语是单数时使用。

2. 第二个句子一定要有THE,宾语是复数形式,跟主语也比较搭配。至于为何要有THE,那是因为所谓REST是跟先前陈述的一些东西相比较而言,比如说某些女人喜欢去酒吧买醉,跟人发生性关系,第二天早晨醒来就后悔。那么,另外一批,也就是REST,坚守自己的身子,追求爱情先,这部分人跟那些人比较,是一个特定的群体,所以THE必不可少。

3. 至于两个句子的谓语,个人觉得IS、ARE均可,完全视具体情况而定。比如刚才提到REST里的那批女人,可以理解为一个整体,就是所谓的单数,谓语使用IS[也就是圆同学说的跟主语保持一致];若被理解成它所代表的一群人,也就是复数,谓语用ARE。考虑到宾语是复形式,所以使用这个比较好:ALL THE REST ARE LIES!

不知道这样理解是否正确,一个建议而已。不过好在偶的建议兼顾了SEX和ENGLISH,离LZ的主题更加贴近一点。

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

37#
 楼主| 发表于 2007-10-1 22:13 | 只看该作者

高手!

这里还真是藏龙卧虎啊!一个比一个厉害 :cool:
我算是抛砖引玉了 分析得让我心服口服!:)谢了!

Post by s030604

不知道这样理解是否正确,一个建议而已。不过好在偶的建议兼顾了SEX和ENGLISH,离LZ的主题更加贴近一点。

http://sherryking118.spaces.live.com
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

38#
发表于 2007-10-1 23:29 | 只看该作者
All I can say to you is that, “you are the only boss of you body. you have a life that's your own. so do whatever you feel like, and all the rest are nothing than lies!”

What I can say to you is "that’s your body, and you are the boss; it’s your life, do whatever you feel comfortable to do! All rest are lies!”
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

39#
发表于 2007-10-2 10:20 | 只看该作者
i don't understand why there should be an "ALL", does "the rest" implies "ALL"? if not, is there anything else left?
same goes with "old tradition", can tradition be new?
i saw this kind of over emphasizing a lot, like, "to be honest", well, should i trust him more? or should I consider everything else are lies?
"personally", of course, it is his personal opinion, i know he isn't giving a speech at the UN.
"it is not for me to say", then, shut up. of course it is for everybody to say, if not not, why bother posting?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

40#
发表于 2007-10-2 15:51 | 只看该作者

Let me try

Post by s030604

只可意会,不可言传: It can only be apprehended by the heart but not expressed by the mouth. 很显然,没有汉语简洁传神.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-4-27 14:13 , Processed in 0.045570 second(s), 34 queries .