租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: buyusedcar
打印 上一主题 下一主题

welcome back, folks!

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
121#
发表于 2002-11-4 13:53 | 只看该作者
请教各位大侠一个问题:
我的Honda accord 发现启动时,方向盘转动有噪音,但开了一会后就没有了,去 honda dealer 检查,说是rail cable 需要换, 要500 dollars. 请问 rail cable 是啥?会不会影响安全,如果我不换?或能否推荐哪里换便宜又保证质量? 多谢了!!!   :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

122#
发表于 2002-11-4 15:58 | 只看该作者
Well.

1) When I called another garage this morning, they told me to bring the car on Wednesday, But when I told them the car is leaking, they asked me to come here right away.

2) Walmart never ask me reasons when I return something.

3) When I came here only 3 monthes, I got Sears card and zellers card without any application. But when I applied CND tire's card, I was already holding dozens credit card. I just feel tired to carry the CND tire money on me.

Different people hold different oppinons and stores are all have their good or bad sides. Depends on how you feel and how you like.

Good luck everybody!
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

123#
发表于 2002-11-5 00:34 | 只看该作者
回 JIANG5,
Here are my experiences with Canadian Tire (CT)- please judge yourself:

1)CT rotated tires for my new Corolla back in 1996 and the tires sqeaked when I was on the way to Prince Edward Island from Montreal. I had to stop in an emergency and went to another shop to reinstalled the tires.
This was done by by a store in Point-aux-Tremblant (where my office was).

2)CT changed my coolant and it leaked everywhere wherever I went in 1996. This was done by a shop in Cote-des-Neige. I had to go to Toyota dealer to redo it.

3)CT "inspected" my car as part of a promotional deal (25 points winter inspection). They didn't find the problem of broken motor of windsheild wiper. When I told them that it was broken, they told me that IT IS BROKEN and cost to install a new one is $400. I went to Phil Bailey's garage and he repaired it for me at $75. (at that time, Phil was the radio car call-in show host at AM800).  -- dont remember which CT shop did it.

4) CT installed two brake pads and they sweaked after 2 weeks. Done in Lasalle.

Now please tell me if Canadian Tire is a place for your car.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

124#
发表于 2002-11-5 00:47 | 只看该作者
JCZ88,
我记不得哪家Dollarama了,你可以再去2家看看,如还是没有,你可以去St.Hubert(玻璃街)看看,那里有很多Dollar Store,我可以肯定你能买到.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

125#
发表于 2002-11-5 10:59 | 只看该作者
Thanks a lot for folks' reply. Now I knew why we had better not go to Canadiantire.
  :confused:  Z再请教folks 等各位大侠一个问题:
我的Honda accord 发现启动时,方向盘转动有噪音,但开了一会后就没有了,去 honda dealer 检查,说是rail cable 需要换, 要500 dollars. 请问:
1. 根据您的经验, 一定是这个原因吗?
2。  rail cable 是啥?会不会影响行驶安全,如果我不换?
3。如果一定要换,能否推荐哪里换便宜又保证质量? 多谢了!!!       :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

126#
发表于 2002-11-5 17:28 | 只看该作者
hi, jiang5

Do not fully  trust the garages.
you know, businness is business.
I had my Accord checked by two garage, one is a small one, the other is Midas. they Pointed out totally different problems.
one told me the brake oil system need changing right now. the other said I have to change  a new radiator. Actually,my radiator is only two years old.

After these two check, i got a feeling that even if your car do not have any problem, the garege still can find a problem which at least cost you a arm and leg.
so I chose to do nothing. Haha

However, if you really thought it is a problem, maybe you can have your car checked by another garage.

by the way, my car is 92 Accord. when I accelerate the speed from 20 to 30, the car will shock one time. do you have this experience?
How many Gas does your accord drink per 100 km in city? My Accord drinks 16 L/100. Normal or not?
thanks
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

127#
发表于 2002-11-5 21:00 | 只看该作者
Hi, Skywalker and Jiang 5,

The problems you mentioned about Honda Accord are very common for such model from 1990 to 1993. My 1991 Accord has the same problems. The following are quoted from an authortative evaluation report about such model, just for your reference. Hope it can help you.

Year-to-Year Changes

1991: Now the best-selling retail car in the U.S., the Accord line gains a 4-door station wagon and antilock brakes for its premium SE sedan. The top-line SE gains not only ABS, but four-wheel disc brakes and an extra ten horsepower over the EX version (140 vs. 130).

1992: EX becomes the top Accord model and incorporates such features as ABS and the 140-horsepower engine. Driver-side airbags become standard equipment on all models.

1993: Continuing its practice of rotating the EX and SE as flagship models, the SE returns as the top-of-the-line model for 1993. A high-mount stoplight finds its way into the rear spoiler of coupe models, while the sedan gets a standard passenger-side airbag to join the driver-side unit that came in '92.

Road Test Evaluation

Spacious inside, Honda's midsize sedan promises an excellent ride and capable handling talents. Four-cylinder engines are both smoother and quieter in this generation, but takeoffs and passing response are not brisk enough to match the V6 engines offered by rivals. In addition, the automatic transmission can be jerky at times, and occasionally harsh. On the plus side, fuel economy should be exceptional with any model. We have consistently averaged over 20 mpg in every Accord tested. Despite its added length, there is only modest rear-seat room (for a midsize car), and below-average head room in both sedans and coupes. The wagon is also smaller when compared with the Taurus and Camry, providing the least cargo room of the three. However, front seat room is good for above-average sized adults and the dashboard design is both thoughtful and useful.

Value for the Money

Pluses tend to outnumber this Honda's minuses. The Accord generally makes up for perceived deficiencies with high levels of overall quality, refinement, and performance when compared with the competition. Blessed with outstanding ride quality, high reliability, and sensible controls nestled in an airy, low-cowl cabin that's become a Honda trademark, the Accord continues to impress.

Trouble Spots

Audio system: If the CD changer in the trunk will not eject, the company will exchange the CD magazines with a redesigned one. (All)
Automatic transmission: Cars with high mileage may begin to shift more harshly, which may be corrected by adding a bottle of Lubeguard conditioner to the automatic transmission fluid. (1990-93)

Brakes: The parking brake may not fully release because a rivet on the brake rod is too tight. (1993)

Engine noise: A squealing noise from under the hood is likely to be caused by a worn alternator bearing, and it may have failed because the belt tension was too great. (1990-93)

Steering noise: If there is a squeak or squeal in the steering, especially when making a slow, tight turn, look for a label on the power steering reservoir that says PSF-V additive was added. If the noise is still there after additive was installed, the right-side end seal on the steering rack will have to be replaced. (1990-93)
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

128#
发表于 2002-11-5 21:53 | 只看该作者
But my car is Honda Accord 1997 (2 door), steering noise is still normal?   :confused:    :confused:    :confused:    :confused:  

skywalker:

I did not calculate exactly how much gas my car drink, but it is about 10L/100km normally. Does your car drink too much????  I think it equals to V8.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

129#
发表于 2002-11-6 13:39 | 只看该作者
Skywalker,
You should go to different garages for different problems. Midas is only good for brakes, tires, muffler, alignment etc. They are not good for engines, transmissions, steering wheels etc. I don't know the other small garage so could not comment.

There are good garages out there, especially those APA approved garages - the same principle in life: there are nice people as well as those who are not trustable.  This is a balance or the world would be too ugly.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

130#
发表于 2002-11-6 14:09 | 只看该作者
Hi, Guys,

New driver ask for your professional suggestion, I want to Change winter tires, is this important to find a good quality garage; or it is only a piece of cake, so I can do it anywhere?

and how about the quality of LU Jian's garage (because he is the nearest one to my home)? but last time, one friend posted online that he had bad experience for winter tires changing in Lu's garage, so it make me a litte worried. Could any friend has experience with Lu's garage give some idea.

Thanks a lot.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-3 10:33 , Processed in 0.042560 second(s), 38 queries .