楼主: buyusedcar
打印 上一主题 下一主题

开个讨论旧车园地:买卖保养等

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
101#
发表于 2002-7-24 22:31 | 只看该作者
hiyvonne
I stepped into the car world with the Lemon
Aid which is an excellent book. I suggest whoever wants to buy a used car to read that book. You will benefit tremendously in your hunt for a bargain (value and quality) - dont' forget to check out APA's website that lists all the garages that rip people off - most of these shops are Canadian Tires. I only did two jobs at Canadaian tire:
1) tire rotation on my new Toyota Corolla -- all the wheels squeaked after the rotation. I had to go back!
2) change of collant - it leaked and splashed all over the place after the replacement. So I had to have it redone at somewhere else.

Go figure yourselves...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

102#
发表于 2002-7-25 01:20 | 只看该作者
咳,FOLKS你误解我了,其实我真是对车是一窍不通的,只是想贴个帖子,让大家参考一下,也请专家指点一下。这几天看了你的贴子真是受益匪浅啊,对我选购车的确有帮助。另外那里可以得到Lemon Aid这本东西啊?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

103#
发表于 2002-7-25 11:04 | 只看该作者
My friend and I had a few bad experiences with Canadian Tires.  They can’t do a good job and finally my friend end up to fix his car by himself (after he gets back the car from CT), they also always recommend you to fix something that’s not necessary.

I had owned Chrysler, Taurus, Civic and Corolla.  

Taurus is a big and comfortable car, it runs smoothly but it had lots of problem and gets rust very easily.  That’s why people say FORD means Fixed Or Repaired Daily.

Corolla is lighter and is not stable as Civic especial runs on the highway, but the insurance for the Civic is a hundred dollar more than Corolla.

Chrysler and Taurus is more secure and stable than Japanese car, but for the long run Japanese car is much much durable.  The Mazda is the most expensive to fix and for parts.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

104#
发表于 2002-7-25 11:51 | 只看该作者
DOT BUY CARS OVER 3.0L
or you will died on gas.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

105#
发表于 2002-7-25 12:11 | 只看该作者
folks, 我打了那家车行的电话,他们很忙,要等到星期三才有空,不过他人确实不错。他也说crysler的车不推荐,变速箱很容易坏。算了,放弃了。
买旧车太累了,真是不喜欢日本车,美国车韩国车又不争气。哎,不知道学生能不能租新车?如果可以,干脆租个新车好了。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

106#
发表于 2002-7-25 12:15 | 只看该作者
依然如故,lemon aid在书店可以买,不过挺贵的,我刚买了一本,加税29,又增加了买车成本
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

107#
发表于 2002-7-25 22:06 | 只看该作者
Today I went to see a Altima. when I called the man, he told me that he is a provate owner. Actully he is a dealer.Pay atention to this situation.

Ok, any way , let's talk about the Car.

Altima GEX, 1993, 157K, 5800CAD.

what do you think about this deal?

when I asked for the car number to Check car history, he refused my request.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

108#
发表于 2002-7-25 22:19 | 只看该作者
hiyvonne

1) Lemon Aid - this books has saved you hundreds of dollars (if not thousands) down along the road. You should be happy - this is cost saving! This is called investment return.

2) Phil Bailey Garage - next time tell Pil or Christine (the office manager) that I referred you there and they must do an inspection within 2 days or I will stop referring people going there - if they don't remember me, you can tell them: Phil personally installed a baby car seat anchor for me not long ago FREE OF CHARGE!!!

At his garage, he personally test drives your car after inspection and he is very open about the problems of the car - unlike many garages that will not tell you the real problem (or they simply don't know).  YOu will be in good hands - I only know him because of my car(s)...
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

109#
发表于 2002-7-25 22:23 | 只看该作者
请问有没有跟montrealautoprix打过交道的同志? 他们的的报价好像不错, 牛皮吹得也不小, 而且说是fixed price. (http://www.montrealautoprix.com)

比如: 今天报价:Honda Civic   1999   Silver   5 vitesses, 4 portes   $8900

请大家介绍一下经验。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

110#
发表于 2002-7-25 22:33 | 只看该作者
More about buying a used car
Shopping for a used takes time - I would say it usually takes about 6 to 8 weeks. For some of you, it may take a lot longer depending on what you really want and what is available in the market. For first time drivers, I suggest the following:

1) Decide on a car (i.e. Corolla, Sentra, Civiv and Protege and DO NOT CHANGE YOUR MIND). Otherwise, you will be wasting your energy here and there every single day. Human being has a limit of stress level - unless you are strong enough like hiyvonne (just kidding), it is not advisable to do so.

2)No car in this world is perfect - remember you are buying a used car (not a new car). It has imperfections like you and me. So be realistic - all cars have problems here and there. As long as the key ares are ok, you should take decisive action - have it inspected and buy it. I consider the following must be good:
Accelerations, brake, engine compartment mainttence (such as timing belt replcement every 100,000 km), engine noise (a high level of engine noise indicates the age and poor gas consumption), ride stability and rust.

3) Check ads on Montreal Gazette and call early on Saturday morning (get up early guys and gals) - this is when most car ads are found - go see the car right away if possible.

Good luck - if you need any advice, call me and I will help to the best I can.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-10-25 05:22 , Processed in 0.048480 second(s), 38 queries .