租房买房买生意上iU91
楼主: 死在外面
打印 上一主题 下一主题

感慨一下 :Bois Franc区i的新的Townhouse价格涨上天了

[复制链接]   [推荐给好友]
11#
发表于 2010-8-18 09:10 | 只看该作者
The 1st link is constructor Sotramont, not the one I mentioned. I know that Sotramont projects are very expensive and really unbelieveable.

The 2nd link is the semi-deattached house, not townhouse, that's why it is expensive. I went to visit that demo house showing in the link, really really nice, beautiful and high-end decoration. I guess rich business people would like to have a higher end house nearby where they work, and this one would be a good choice.

People living in Boid-Franc may have different reasons. I don't know about other people, but myself work at Air Canada and Bois-Franc would be one of my better choices that have high-end properties and closer to my work. My 2nd choice would be west island. However, I visited some 2nd hand houses and newly built ones, did not find anyone I like. Especially a nice bigger house in a nice neighborhood in west island is very expensive too. Plus, my hubby works in government in ville St-Laurent, so he also would like to stay in St-Laurent, then Bois-franc is the best place in St-Laurent for us. We both hate traffic.

I don't think Bois-Franc is my favorite place to live, definitely not. If I would have choice, I like VAUDREUIL-DORION, water front, lots of trees, huge beautiful houses......but it is too far from work and it is super expensive. Is it a good option for me and my hubby? No.

South Shore? No no no. Never never will be in my interest.

There is no point to discuss where is a "better" place to live. Every family has different situation and background. Some people love South shore but not me, some people like Bois-Franc but not others. Why must everyone agree the same thing?

回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

12#
发表于 2010-8-18 09:20 | 只看该作者
Many rich and nice neighborhoods have poor neighborhood surrounded. There is nothing strange.

There is Adonis, Maxi, Metro, Provigo near here, very convenient. Why go to 夏威夷? We can drive to wherever we want to do groceries. It is super easy to drive from st-Laurent to west island and Mtl island. Where did you see 购物很不方便??? 附近没有购物乐园....We never found it is a issue for us that there is no super big shopping center near here....it is so easy to go to Rockland and Fairview, why do we have to live right beside?

I don't see Bois-Franc as 明珠, but it fits our needs. That's all.

Post by q2006c;2658370
Bois Franc:周围一片烂区,天上飞机噪声。购物很不方便,附近没有购物乐园:Costco 和Wal-Mart,只有一个半死不活的夏威夷。真不明白,为什么华人视那里为“明珠”?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

13#
发表于 2010-8-18 10:17 | 只看该作者
住哪里不还就是图一上班方便。
另外这个区建的还算比较漂亮。虽然那个人工湖我看也经常很脏。而且拥挤。
还有中国人喜欢新房子。

但是BOIS FRANC真是太贵了。
我实在不明白为何比周围10分钟车程内的地区贵那么多。大家为何不周围10分钟车程内转转。
是不是BOIS FRANC公交比周围地区发达?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

14#
发表于 2010-8-18 11:08 | 只看该作者
住哪里不还就是图一上班方便。另外这个区建的还算比较漂亮。还有中国人喜欢新房子。You are so right.  Especially both me and my hubby have very little chance to lose or change jobs.

No doubt, Bois Franc is expensive. 周围10分钟车程内 is new st-laurent, DDO, Dorval, and cote-st-luc, but these area are under air planes noise too, and they are not very nice compared to Bois-Franc. Nice houses in these area either is right beside a big and noisy street, or the houses are very old but expensive.

There are some places in Bois Franc are right under the planes departure area, very noisy, and would never be our consideration. The place we chose was the golf terrain before which has very little effect from the planes (the planes do not pass directly over head and fly at a high level).

After we retire, we will sell our house in Bois Franc and may move to VAUDREUIL-DORION, water front, lots of trees........

Another thing we figured that Bois Franc would be a place to keep the value of property. The location and the development of neighborhood keep the property value comparably stable.
Post by lilyy;2658596
住哪里不还就是图一上班方便。
另外这个区建的还算比较漂亮。虽然那个人工湖我看也经常很脏。而且拥挤。
还有中国人喜欢新房子。

但是BOIS FRANC真是太贵了。
我实在不明白为何比周围10分钟车程内的地区贵那么多。大家为何不周围10分钟车程内转转。
是不是BOIS FRANC公交比周围地区发达?
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

15#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-8-19 02:10 | 只看该作者

Funny thing is that there is basically no price difference between

the noisy (about 75% of Bois Franc)and less noisy areas (25%). Maybe the noisy areas have better access to transportation. An interesting thing is that the semi-deattached has only 2375 sf (starting from $730,000), and the gap between buildings must be very small, not much different from a townhouse. feel like robbing you.

Sounds to me that you have planned your life in about 35 years' horizon all the way after you and your housebind's retirements. Really amazing. no offence. To be honest, I do not even dare to plan my life more than 3 years, because I do not want a life which is too predictable and stable.
--------------------------------------------
The 2nd link is the semi-deattached house, not townhouse, that's why it is expensive. I went to visit that demo house showing in the link, really really nice, beautiful and high-end decoration. I guess rich business people would like to have a higher end house nearby where they work, and this one would be a good choice.
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

16#
发表于 2010-8-19 10:24 | 只看该作者
既然都选择BOIS FRANC了,就别在乎飞机噪音了。
我估计大家其实是不在乎噪音,更在乎上班方便性。不然这边不会这么贵。
ST-LAURENT是噪音最历害的区。因为是主航道。据说比DOVAL的一些地区还历害。
DDO之类的没有什么噪音吧。

也不能只看2300SQ.FT什么的。数字看上去很大。(SEMI没准占地面积大呢?)
其实房间大都很小。一般的也就3 BEDS. 1BATH. 这边房子的最基本需求而已。
因为地下室很小。以阁楼面积代替了。而阁楼面积算面积。地下室不算。
地下室至少冬暖夏凉。阁楼是相反的。不过光线好一些。
当然了,如果便宜怎么着都好。问题是60、70万买这种TOWNHOUSE,就因为上班近了一点点。我觉的太贵了。以后真能涨到80万吗。做EXEUTIVE的都有车,再近步行也很难吧。真不如再走10分钟地区买了。

中国人太喜欢新房子了。
其实现在新建的区都很漂亮。特别是大片开发的新区。很养眼。
但是老区有老区的特点。夏天去看看,到处都很漂亮。绿树成荫的。
别被外表迷惑了。
老区新区,只要价格合理,方便,就好。
但BOIS FRANC也太贵了。说质量好什么的。其实咱不是行家哪看的出来。而且还真要住上个3、5十年吗?住几年就搬了。
这边材料真差不了几个钱。贵的是人工。他们也不会给你用特贵的材料。没有这个必要。
看到的只是室内设计师设计的不错。其实真你订房了,墙都是白的。想加个色都要再加钱。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

17#
发表于 2010-8-19 10:28 | 只看该作者
I wish I could type Chinese to let you understand better. We are not planning our life in the next 35 years. Where could you see that we have planned our lives "in about 35 years horizon all the way after retirement " ?

We just know what kind of life we wish to have and there is a basic big plan in the mind. Most people are the same, unless you really don't know what you want.

Each family is different. We should never use our own views to judge others. My family is simple - a young couple with stable jobs prefers simple and stable life. As long as we want to stay with our current jobs, we will be staying this way until retirement. Well, some people may like to have a life with different colors and adventures, which is fine, as long as we are all happy as it is. (--- I think we have been out of topic now. Shouldn't we just talk about the houses?)

I am not sure what you mean "there is no difference". In reality, the semi-deattached houses are basically more expensive than the same size same year built townhouses, regardless if it is Bois Franc. The average price of townhouses that were built by Montclair in Bois Franc is about from $500K to $550K, depending on sizes, and semi-deattached is surely over $700K.  But it is true that there is no price difference between the noisy and less noisy areas (I guess this is not a main factor to differentiate the price but it does matter when you are doing purchasing decision).

Post by 死在外面;2659451
the noisy (about 75% of Bois Franc)and less noisy areas (25%). Maybe the noisy areas have better access to transportation. An interesting thing is that the semi-deattached has only 2375 sf (starting from $730,000), and the gap between buildings must be very small, not much different from a townhouse. feel like robbing you.

Sounds to me that you have planned your life in about 35 years' horizon all the way after you and your housebind's retirements. Really amazing. no offence. To be honest, I do not even dare to plan my life more than 3 years, because I do not want a life which is too predictable and stable.
--------------------------------------------
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

18#
发表于 2010-8-19 10:42 | 只看该作者
既然都选择BOIS FRANC了,就别在乎飞机噪音了。but if we can still avoid some noise it is better.

60、70万买这种TOWNHOUSE,就因为上班近了一点点。我觉的太贵了。不如再走10分钟地区买了。 - agreed. We would never buy a 60、70万TOWNHOUSE. But Semi is certainly bigger than townhouse.

因为地下室很小。以阁楼面积代替了。地下室至少冬暖夏凉。阁楼是相反的。不过光线好一些。--true

Everything else is correct, but not the materials. I am not an expert but the eyes do see the differences. I compared the ones in Bois franc with thoses in new st-laurent and Kirkland (sortie at St-Charles), bois franc uses the better materials. I checked with a constructor in Kirkland, the price that you pay for a 20*40 townhouse in bois franc is the same as a deattached house at Kirkland, but the deattached house we saw obviously did not have the same materials, and the location is not good (very inconvenient, very dirty place, very high density - houses are very close to each other too). With all the additional upgrades costs, it is then more expensive than what we have. Most nice places in West island are expensive too.

Post by lilyy;2659575
既然都选择BOIS FRANC了,就别在乎飞机噪音了。
我估计大家其实是不在乎噪音,更在乎上班方便性。不然这边不会这么贵。
ST-LAURENT是噪音最历害的区。因为是主航道。比DOVAL的一些地区还历害。
DDO之类的没有什么噪音吧。

也不能只看2300SQ.FT什么的。数字看上去很大。(SEMI没准占地面积大呢?)
其实房间大都很小。一般的也就3 BEDS. 1BATH. 这边房子的最基本需求而已。
因为地下室很小。以阁楼面积代替了。
地下室至少冬暖夏凉。阁楼是相反的。不过光线好一些。
当然了,如果便宜怎么着都好。问题是60、70万买这种TOWNHOUSE,就因为上班近了一点点。我觉的太贵了。不如再走10分钟地区买了。

中国人太喜欢新房子了。
其实现在新建的区都很漂亮。特别是大片开发的新区。很养眼。
但是老区有老区的特点。
而且BOIS FRANC也太贵了。说质量好什么的。其实不是行家根本看不出来。而且还真要住上个3、5十年吗?住几年就搬了。
这边材料真差不了几个钱。贵的是人工。他们也不会给你用特贵的材料。没有这个必要。
看到的只是室内设计师设计的不错。其实真你订房了,墙都是白的。想加个色都要再加钱。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

19#
 楼主| 发表于 2010-8-19 10:50 | 只看该作者

I just love your posts and the way of expressing your views

Lovelytito. Where do I get the idea of 35 years.... Well, I remember you had mentioned your age in one of your posts last year? Women are always better than men in life planning.

I invoked this debate, because I have a lot of free time to kill (a faculty job).
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

20#
发表于 2010-8-19 10:56 | 只看该作者
Post by lovelytito;2659599
既然都选择BOIS FRANC了,就别在乎飞机噪音了。but if we can still avoid some noise it is better.

60、70万买这种TOWNHOUSE,就因为上班近了一点点。我觉的太贵了。不如再走10分钟地区买了。 - agreed. We would never buy a 60、70万TOWNHOUSE. But Semi is certainly bigger than townhouse.

因为地下室很小。以阁楼面积代替了。地下室至少冬暖夏凉。阁楼是相反的。不过光线好一些。--true

Everything else is correct, but not the materials. I am not an expert but the eyes do see the differences. I compared the ones in Bois franc with thoses in new st-laurent and Kirkland (sortie at St-Charles), bois franc uses the better materials. I checked with a constructor in Kirkland, the price that you pay for a 20*40 townhouse is the same as a deattached house at Kirkland, but the deattached house we saw obviously did not have the same materials, and the location is not good (very inconvenient, very dirty place, very high density - houses are very close to each other too). With all the additional upgrades costs, it is then more expensive than what we have. Most nice places in West island are expensive too.

BOIS FRANC因为有噪音,所以都用了隔音材料了。这是真的。所以关上窗,都不听见什么。
另外TOWNHOUSE之间,要有隔音材料。这样你就听不太到邻居的声音了。
别的地区噪音小的,一般就没有用隔音材料。隔音材料值多少钱呢?外墙值多少钱呢?
但是买SEMI而不是TOWNHOUSE,不就是因为地大点吗。地大夏天可以在外面玩。但是外面的飞机噪音是不可避免的。。
西岛房子和BOIS FRANC比,那是便宜多了。
60、70万绝对可以买到不错的比较大的、新的或比较新的DETACHED HOUSE.
40万左右就可以买到不错的小HOUSE. SEMI也就35万左右。

你说KIRKLAND TOWNHOUSE和DETACHED的一个价格。我觉的不太可能。不然没有人会买TOWNHOUSE。都会选择DETACHED. 可能不是因为材料。而是TOWNHOUSE把LANDSCAPE什么的都做了,有升级吧。一般来说,新房完成后要再加上5万乱七八糟的用来做LANDSCAPE/DRIVEWAY什么的。
回复 支持 反对

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 免费注册

本版积分规则

Copyright © 1999 - 2024 by Sinoquebec Media Inc. All Rights Reserved 未经许可不得摘抄  |  GMT-4, 2024-5-5 19:50 , Processed in 0.046987 second(s), 34 queries .